Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #15
coolman

I don't put that much thought into car purchases. That might be why I go through them like a fat man at an all you can eat buffet. I read about the car a little ,saw the concept at an auto show a couple of years ago and bought two. I don't know if I will ever own that one car that is truly is right for me. This one has caused me more ups and downs than any other car I've had ,so maybe it's the one. If I still have it come next fall, that's a good sign.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #16
sen10l

Drives: In Transit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Vlad View Post
I still cannot grasp how some folks call this car masculine. The only guys with hips like a Camaro SS took years worth of hormones to get them.
Let's put it this way, the Camaro looks like a Sabretooth tiger.

Most other cars look like a Tribble from Star Trek, or a lady bug, or a female hygiene/cosmetic product or a kitchen appliance etc. As far as I'm concerned, unless it is an exotic super car, the car was designed for either female buyers; or the fact that the female is the boss of the marriage so there's no way in heck you're ever going to buy an impractical coupe that might possibly get younger girls to look your way mister!

The Camaro has very aggressive angled edges that follow a curve as opposed to most cars which are have rounded edges that follow flat and straight lines. Being men, the Camaro's curves are attractive to men, but like previously mentioned they are more akin to a muscular animal than the female form (you never saw a muscular athletic animal that was flat and curveless).

If you notice the difference between male stuff and female stuff - you'll notice that male objects tend to be more angular and hard edged, whereas female objects tend to be more rounded and fluid. For example, compare power tools with kitchen appliances. There's nothing pretty about a fighter jet, and yet it looks great to a man because of its aggressive and yet functional angular design.

I've never thought of design as looking like a female or male human form. I've always compared them to other machines or animals. "Masculine design" to me is like a dangerous carnivore that will rip you apart, or some evil cyborg. "Female design" is like rabbits, dolphins, plants and puppies.

To me the Camaro doesn't look "comfortable", "sensible" or "safe". It looks "dangerous", "wild" and "irresponsible". That's what I like about it.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #17
RAdams
Car Guy

Drives: '08 Mustang GT, '01 Isuzu VehiCROSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Vlad View Post
I still cannot grasp how some folks call this car masculine. The only guys with hips like a Camaro SS took years worth of hormones to get them.
There are ways to tell -- that pointy grille is actually an Adam's Apple.
RAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #18
sen10l

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonbrador View Post
1. The most beautiful care I've seen in years.
2. The most beautiful care I've seen in years.
3. The most beautiful care I've seen in years.
4. The most beautiful care I've seen in years.
See a pattern developing? I knew I'd get one, just like greenrail said above.
Yeah, but the question was "why?". Obviously you think it's beautiful, but why? What makes it look different to you than other cars? If you think about it, you can actually come up with very specific answers.

For example: ever seen this person with this unusual facial feature and their partner has the exact same unusual facial feature? That person could say "I love her because she's the most beautiful person I've seen in years", but if we sit and analyze it, it's likely because she has that unique facial feature that has been subconsciously burned in his brain as an attractive feature.

Everything has a reason. "Because I like it" isn't a particularly well thought out one.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #19
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen10l View Post
Yeah, but the question was "why?". Obviously you think it's beautiful, but why? What makes it look different to you than other cars? If you think about it, you can actually come up with very specific answers.

For example: ever seen this person with this unusual facial feature and their partner has the exact same unusual facial feature? That person could say "I love her because she's the most beautiful person I've seen in years", but if we sit and analyze it, it's likely because she has that unique facial feature that has been subconsciously burned in his brain as an attractive feature.

Everything has a reason. "Because I like it" isn't a particularly well thought out one.
You can't put a science to everything. I know everybody is so smart now a days and thinks their's a reason for everything, but there isn't always. If I spent my life trying to analyze why I like a car , the look of one girl over another,or walks on the beach at sunset, I wouldn't be living life. Somethings you don't question. You just do.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #20
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
You're right sen10l. To rephrase...
1. The nose.
2. The eyes, or headlights.
3. The overall, mean looking stance.
4. The roof line.
5. The way I fit in the seat when I sat in one.
1- 5. The most beautiful car I've seen in years.
I don't have mine yet but I know she'll be everything I expect, and more.
Good enough?
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #21
Captain Vlad

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
To me the Camaro doesn't look "comfortable", "sensible" or "safe". It looks "dangerous", "wild" and "irresponsible". That's what I like about it.
With the exception of 'irresponsible', that's why the impression it creates is more female than male.

You clearly meet all the wrong women.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #22
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
There was only one competitor for me and that was the Genesis Coupe. They both are RWD and have 300+ HP. The Camaro has way better looks, but not as good of a warranty.

My Camaro is the the first car that I "wanted" since 1988. LOL
TonyNo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #23
sen10l

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
You can't put a science to everything. I know everybody is so smart now a days and thinks their's a reason for everything, but there isn't always. If I spent my life trying to analyze why I like a car , the look of one girl over another,or walks on the beach at sunset, I wouldn't be living life. Somethings you don't question. You just do.
Science has nothing to do with it. On the contrary, it's got to do with articulation, English literature and being self-aware.

A less accomplished fellow when asked to describe a flower would say "it's pretty", but Mark Twain can articulate his thoughts through descriptive and colourful prose.

As for self-awareness - self-awareness is the first step to creativity. One fellow can't build a building because he can't articulate what he likes and does not like. Another fellow is an architect, because he can effectively communicate a design he thinks is better. The same goes for car design. The more self-aware you are about something, the more creative you are and the more you can translate that into a marketable ability.

People who don't realize that end up with jobs with no creativity, and they're the first people who get ticked off when you ask them a question outside their limited scope of knowledge because they haven't learned how to think outside the box or to be aware of their surroundings (how many store/restaurant staff don't know a single thing about what they're selling?).
Old 12-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #24
coolman

Quote:
Science has nothing to do with it. On the contrary, it's got to do with articulation, English literature and being self-aware.

A less accomplished fellow when asked to describe a flower would say "it's pretty", but Mark Twain can articulate his thoughts through descriptive and colourful prose.

As for self-awareness - self-awareness is the first step to creativity. One fellow can't build a building because he can't articulate what he likes and does not like. Another fellow is an architect, because he can effectively communicate a design he thinks is better. The same goes for car design. The more self-aware you are about something, the more creative you are and the more you can translate that into a marketable ability.

People who don't realize that end up with jobs with no creativity, and they're the first people who get ticked off when you ask them a question outside their limited comfort zone because they haven't learned how to think outside the box (how many store/restaurant staff don't know a single thing about what they're selling?).
Well, I got to tell you ,your wrong. I have done model railroading since I was a little boy with my dad. And, I also do wood working as a hobbie . I can tell you for a fact that when I do something I can see it in my head and know exactly what I'm going to do and how I'm going to do it. We have both won many awards for the work we've done both in our work and play for the things we create. Creativity has nothing to do with how well of a poet you are. There have been many creative and smart people who walked this earth that couldn't read or even talk. But, they could create. That is a very elitist way a thinking ,and I feel sorry for someone like you that feels only way to show your smart is to be able to talk like a poet.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #25
CGM DIVA

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS Camaro
My heart beats faster when I look at her She's hot on the inside, outside, AND under the hood . I have had a permagrin since September 4th, 2009.... I dunno. This car just "does it" for me. Oh, and I LOVE making her wheels chirp. Hot damn she can really get up and go!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:56 AM   #26
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
ps. I don't need to remind some of you that this is a Camaro forum, so you non-Camaro zealots can kindly extol the virtues of your other brands in their respective forums. The topic at hand relates to "Camaros", or specifically the 2010 Camaro. The above post is my opinion, and not a statement of fact that can be meaningfully refuted or argued against.
Really. It seems to equally relate to dissing ten other non-Camaro cars and the comments seem very familiar, as if they were copied from other posts... Additionally, this forum is NOT limited to current Camaro owners, anybody can post here.

"The above post is my opinion, and not a statement of fact that can be meaningfully refuted or argued against." This is a public forum. If you choose to post here, anyone can refute or argue against your opinion.

"People who don't realize that end up with jobs with no creativity, and they're the first people who get ticked off when you ask them a question outside their limited comfort zone because they haven't learned how to think outside the box." For someone who claims to be so creative, you certainly have a penchant for using old, has been cliche's (think outside the box), not to mention being flat out rude, condescending and disrespectful to the other members of this forum (Camaro owners or not).

Your "ps" statement was really unnecessary, along with some of the other comments made - we are all quite capable of discussing cars here. Just because some of us don't currently own a 2010 Camaro doesn't mean we don't like it or respect it. I plan on buying one in the future, I love muscle cars and I like to hear what others have to say about them - I'm not a "non-Camaro zealot" and I don't believe other non-owners here are either. So, do you want to talk about Camaros?

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:26 AM   #27
Mayhem Matt

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS M6 SUPERCHRGED BUMBLEBEE
I can go on all day about this car! Its gorgeous in every way!!!
Ordered Bumblebee 10/15/2008Part of the Family 6/11/2009 #11423

My Bumblebee to Superbee build story...http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105163
Superbee's 536hp Dyno Run...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE7wePluPAc
Mayhem Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:37 AM   #28
jwjk

Drives: Ordered 2SS/RS - Nov. 14/09
I ordered a black on black 2SSRS, so yeah... it's male. The white and IOM Camaros look female to me, the black SS, especially with tinted windows... whoaa.... definitely male.
The pointy grill, the muscles, the frown as he's approaching other cars, not to mention the throaty growl to get the hell out of the way.
All of that appeals to me, and fits with my personality. My friends were NOT surprised in the least at my order. Go big or go home!

Edit: I name all my cars, this one included. I'll reveal his name after he shows up and I introduce myself. I find it hard to knock someone else's car purchase. Cars call to you. For some, it's the GT 500, for others the R/T or SRT8. For me, I've waited a long time for this car. I remember the exact moment I saw the Concept Car, and heard it say "hello". It spoke to me like no other car has. I *need* this car. LOL! Some of you will laugh, I know... most of you won't need to say anything, but just nod in understanding. The car does indeed chose it's driver.
jwjk is offline   Reply With Quote