Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-18-2009, 03:22 AM   #155
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
The problem with the dealer is that the OP has boobs.

If one of us at 6.2 and 235 went in with no boobs......... the dealer would have fixed all of that in one day.

Our Honda had the same issues with paint. Different angles made it look like patch work paint. Only black is the possible solution.
You didn't just say that.....
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #156
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
Wow this place is getting hostle.

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
St33lsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #157
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
So far I have 4890 miles and absolutely ZERO defects. I love this car. Gas milage sucks but I think thats just me. I tend to drive a little fast.
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:30 AM   #158
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I know its not a $40,000 car but I used to work on brand spanking new F-15E's fresh from the factory with a few miles thrown in for quality checks. I can assure you that you need to move the decimal point in the price tag over a few places to the right. I can also assure you that the quality controls that go into building an aircraft are beyond the imagination of the automobile industry. That being said we had to fix them every single day. Design flaws, wear and tear etc. I bought this car expecting some problems due to it being the first year run. By that I mean problems that most likely will not come up in future production runs. I don't want to have any problems but I'm not going to be shocked by them unless my car is the first one it happens to and even then as long as they fix it I'm ok with it. I know from your point of view it totally sucks having to deal with these issues. I say give them a chance to correct them. Maybe your car did come off the line on a bad day but if you like the car and they can take care of these problems then let them and enjoy it. Take a look around your house. How many items have you probably overpaid for that have broken and while irritating you just threw it away and bought another over priced item to replace it? Here's a case where most if not all of your issues will be covered under warrantee and be repaired to your satisfaction. Not flaming the op at all. I truely feel for your plight. Let them work the bugs out and if still not satisfied then by all means sell that sucker.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:07 AM   #159
jonesjb
War Eagle

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
at least yuor back floorboard isnt a pool of water.. i mean thats not an easy fix!! i shoulda known to wait a year and let them get all the kinks out!
jonesjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:31 AM   #160
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
I don't know off hand but I'll grab my paper work later today (or tomorrow) and post up all the problems I've had (like 14) by the time I hit 4,000 miles.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:45 AM   #161
CGM DIVA

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Odd? The majority of members on the forum have had at least one or more of the problems mentioned. Just so happens that a few of them are encountering all of them at once. If there weren't bulletins already on much of what she mentioned, then you can speculate all you like. I've spoken with her privately and just out of sheer effort of time speaking with me and the rest of us on C5 leads me to believe she is undoubtedly telling the truth. Why else would she waste our time; especially hers?

I see nothing on that list of complaints that are out of the ordinary, like the loose spoiler nuts, or the computer needing to be reprogrammed and reset on slow L99 A6's (not her situation, but I think it is either well known or there was a seperate bulletin on this; perhaps Bjorn or PQ can chime in here because they both had that problem). If I saw something about a muffler falling off, leaks in the headgasket or problems with the air conditioning compressor and/or coolant issues, I'd be a little skeptical. Please focus on being part of the solution instead of contributing to the problem with senseless bickering about details such as the odometer reading "0" when she took delivery. If you can't figure out that she was figuratively speaking and are wasting time on that detail, you probably have nothing significant to contribute.

I think all that needs to be said, has been said and unless the OP has more to add, it might be well and good to close this thread.

The only thing that is happening is that members are taking pot-shots at the OP, contesting her integrity; she is a new member and becoming angry and frustrated because she's afraid of moderator retaliation if she tries to defend herself.

See, this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about! Here you go ranting at me, and YOU are the one that misunderstood what I was trying to say... I agree completely with the OP. I UNDERSTAND her frustration. I never called her a liar or tried to imply that she was wrong for venting. If you REALLY read my post, you would have seen that I said I think her car may have possibly been in an accident and put back together for profit (which by the way, wether it's right or wrong is my personal opinion. I thought that was what this site was all about... sharing information with fellow enthusiasts)... how the hell is this implying that I'm trying to flame her?!?!?! If anything , I was trying to say that her dealership may have gotten over on her on purpose... I KNOW that people have had problems with their Camaros... I have had my own share of issues, though minor. So don't go telling me that all I am doing is sensless bickering. I say ONE thing, people take it out of context, then next thing you know, here come the f'ing thread police...You guys are a bunch of ****ing jackasses...I am so sick and tired of guys like you on this board.. I thought Camaro5 was a place to come and learn about my new car, and share experiences with other people who are mature enough to speak their piece without resulting to the antics of a four year old. I guess I came to the wrong place...

Last edited by CGM DIVA; 12-18-2009 at 11:01 AM.
CGM DIVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #162
outlawz

Drives: 1995 Camaro Z28 Drag car
Quote:
Odd? The majority of members on the forum have had at least one or more of the problems mentioned. Just so happens that a few of them are encountering all of them at once. If there weren't bulletins already on much of what she mentioned, then you can speculate all you like. I've spoken with her privately and just out of sheer effort of time speaking with me and the rest of us on C5 leads me to believe she is undoubtedly telling the truth. Why else would she waste our time; especially hers?

I see nothing on that list of complaints that are out of the ordinary, like the loose spoiler nuts, or the computer needing to be reprogrammed and reset on slow L99 A6's (not her situation, but I think it is either well known or there was a seperate bulletin on this; perhaps Bjorn or PQ can chime in here because they both had that problem). If I saw something about a muffler falling off, leaks in the headgasket or problems with the air conditioning compressor and/or coolant issues, I'd be a little skeptical. Please focus on being part of the solution instead of contributing to the problem with senseless bickering about details such as the odometer reading "0" when she took delivery. If you can't figure out that she was figuratively speaking and are wasting time on that detail, you probably have nothing significant to contribute.
DkknightX is this your first camaro????? Trying to figure out what qualifications you have about specific problems with this car or any car...
Old 12-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #163
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
The problem with the dealer is that the OP has boobs.
You never met my wife. She's only 5'4" ,but everyone's afraid of her.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #164
GMfan454

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6spd manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
What's your point. The camaro was in the works since 2006. They too had plenty of time to get it right out of the box. Please explain.

What he is saying is, its not an all new car. Its a redesign of the ford 500/taurus. Just the engine and awd (ok entire drive train) are new. Her camaro has no drivetrain issues either.
GMfan454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #165
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
You didn't just say that.....
I sure did..........My wife tells me all the time that they don't take her seriously when she is at the dealer. (and her boobs are not that big)

Once they charged her for a new starter and solenoid and then the next day when it failed to start again ...a new battery. $800.00

Now I go .... It's under warranty.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #166
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawz View Post
DkknightX is this your first camaro????? Trying to figure out what qualifications you have about specific problems with this car or any car...
Second Camaro (Was a 1998 Gen4), and I pay attention. If you are observent enough, you'll see patterns develop as people post problems. I'm no mechanic but essentially the mechanical components of most cars in the last 20-30 years have been of similar design despite refinements (i.e. they perform the same function and have similar symptoms when they fail). Was my post really misleading? If you are a GM Certified Mechanic . READ the forums and you'll make connections.

Why would I have to explain myself to you anyway? I'm basically just asking you to back off the OP, let her take her car to a different dealership and then whatever isn't fixed, let her escalate whatever problems remain from there.

CGM - I suppose it is always possible that the car, even with (10 miles) may have been damaged in transit and I wasn't specifically talking about you. I don't believe this theory because the car has all of the "KNOWN" issues and few extra that aren't out of the ordinary. Again, you don't need to be a mechanic to draw this conclusion. Just have to know how to read and make connections when you can. More about the guy that was flaming you for details like the figurative "0" mile comment.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #167
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan454 View Post
What he is saying is, its not an all new car. Its a redesign of the ford 500/taurus. Just the engine and awd (ok entire drive train) are new. Her camaro has no drivetrain issues either.
I can't tell you this SHO is no ford 500. It in no way resembles it at all. We had a five hundred and it was junk. I got rid of it after three months due to problem after problem. Like I said before while it might share the basic platform as the 2008-2009 taurus it is completely redesigned. And also, like I said before the camaro is based off the G-8 platform so what's the diff? This has nothing to due with building a quality car the first time out.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #168
outlawz

Drives: 1995 Camaro Z28 Drag car
Quote:
Why would I have to explain myself to you anyway? I'm basically just asking you to back off the OP, let her take her car to a different dealership and then whatever isn't fixed, let her escalate whatever problems remain from there
First off why would you ask ME to back off the OP I haven't said anything to her about her problems... I'm just wondering why you are so quick to condemn someone due to an apparent misunderstanding about the number of miles on the car. Seems the first flame started from you... I don't think Diva said anything that offensive.... Why not question Mindz? He brought up the confusion with the "0" miles comment first....