Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-24-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
texan

Drives: people crazy
Keyed - Im in a BAD PLACE NOW

okay, I was headed to a non-profit org meeting where local business owners come together and buy gifts for needy kids (wacogoodfellas.com) when i stopped at a local bar to have a couple beers before are meeting started. A lady comes in and says hey, that your camaro outside..somebody keyed it! I was like no way, just a laugh.

So I went outside and followed several people. Sure enough some goddamn son of a bitch low life scratched from driver side fender to door handle...OMG I was pissed..we looked at cameras of who came in and left but found no evidence. I confronted two dudes that came in but they convinced me and several of my pissed off big friends that it was not them. No cameras outside of course. So now I am home after my meeting that was all about picking needy families to buy christmas gifts for and I can't calm down...what the hell is wrong with people. What did I do to deserve this. I can't understand what would make someone take a key to a strangers car...all my buds (like 20 of them at the meeting) said jealous..I still don't understand.
texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan View Post
okay, I was headed to a non-profit org meeting where local business owners come together and buy gifts for needy kids (wacogoodfellas.com) when i stopped at a local bar to have a couple beers before are meeting started. A lady comes in and says hey, that your camaro outside..somebody keyed it! I was like no way, just a laugh.

So I went outside and followed several people. Sure enough some goddamn son of a bitch low life scratched from driver side fender to door handle...OMG I was pissed..we looked at cameras of who came in and left but found no evidence. I confronted two dudes that came in but they convinced me and several of my pissed off big friends that it was not them. No cameras outside of course. So now I am home after my meeting that was all about picking needy families to buy christmas gifts for and I can't calm down...what the hell is wrong with people. What did I do to deserve this. I can't understand what would make someone take a key to a strangers car...all my buds (like 20 of them at the meeting) said jealous..I still don't understand.
Jealousy, mixed with a lack of respect for other people and their possessions. Too many people are engrained with an attitude that everything is owed to them that they are angry when they see something that someone has worked hard to obtain where they have not.
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
1DERZ SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Remember the one statement that I believe will always be true even though you may never know it, "What goes around, comes around"

I call it envy....sorry to hear about your luck

2010 Camaro SS Inferno Orange
Came home on 11/13/2009
2011 Silverado 2500 HD Crew LTZ
11/17/2010
1DERZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
My condolences man. I wish I could tell you what to do about it, but the obvious answer is to calm down, as long as it takes. Even if you find the person, would it be worth going to jail over? Look at it when you've actually calmed down.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
I was in my twenties and came out of a taco bell at night and noticed that someone had placed a broken beer bottle in back of the right front tire.
People who do these things are mad at the world.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #6
mscaggs

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Being a musician for many years I can tell you that a bar is the worst place to take a nice car. A few drinks and people get stupid and to sh!t like that. I would do harm to anyone who did that to me if I could catch them. I am sorry and that is all I can say to you. The whole story makes me sick
mscaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #7
CGM DIVA

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS Camaro
texan,

sorry to hear this! There will always be people out there who have nothing better to do than hate on others...Kinda glad you didn't catch the culprit(s) as I can easily see how a serious ass whoopi'n would have commenced...I know I would have went ape sh*t...only advice I could give would be to try and take your car to places where you can keep an eye on it.. Hope it gets fixed soon!
Old 11-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #8
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
Old 11-24-2009, 08:51 PM   #9
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Man I know your pissed. I had a mower throw a rock into my quarter panel and it was like pulling teeth to get his insurance and the owner to pony up to their responsiblities. I know your pissed.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:51 PM   #10
BigTrap1967

Drives: 1969 396SS yellow w/ black str
Sorry about your car man.
BigTrap1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #11
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:01 PM   #12
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
find whoever done it and crack some skulls! i'd be pissed
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:04 PM   #13
JMM1181

Drives: '07 350z
Just happened to my brother's Charger R/T that he's done a lot of work too, not once but twice, on both sides of the car from the rear all the way to the front and it's currently being repaired. I know I may be a little biased, but he is seriously the most generous person I've ever met and would do anything for anybody, even a complete stranger, so it's hard to explain what motivates people at times.

One thing I can say is that this seems to be happening a lot lately, I don't know if it's the economic frustrations finally putting people over the edge or what, before it used to be loser ex-boyfriend's that would get in a rage and pull these stunts as a way of retaliating indirectly, but these days it doesn't even seem so personal- more a way for miserable narcissists who haven't matured enough to pull down others because of their own failures in life. If they can't win and have the nice things, you shouldn't have nice things either, who knows really. I'm sorry to hear it, hopefully you get it taken care of and it doesn't hurt the wallet too much.

Oh, and btw, all things in life come back to people- just not in the ways we typically think, so I wouldn't worry about the guy getting away with it. It might not be his car but maybe something else he values above everything else that will be either damaged or ruined while he's looking the other way, and it'll be magnified 10x.
JMM1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:07 PM   #14
texan

Drives: people crazy
It's kinda sick cause I posted this as soon as i walked in. It's like I was looking for support from C5. I put my 2 yr old little princess to bed and fixed myself a drink and am going to think about all things good in the world and what I am thankful for. I am thankful that I have a wife and daughter who make up 99% of my world. My car might be 1/10 of the remaining percent so why am I bitching. thanks guys! I'm sure it will take me a few days and well over a grand to get square but I am trying to be cool. They are lucky, 10 yrs ago and I would have burned the town down!!
texan is offline   Reply With Quote