Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #29
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)

Drives: Turbo'd 6er
13 flat. Nothing great I lost two clamps on my boost pipe. And I kept Misfiring due to a bad spark plug all and all it was a awful day for me
cjt037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #30
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjt037 View Post
13 flat. Nothing great I lost two clamps on my boost pipe. And I kept Misfiring due to a bad spark plug all and all it was a awful day for me
I think that is probably the best forced induction time we seen so far. At least you was able to get one good run in so it could have been worst.

What was your trap speed and 60'? post your slip here and over at the v6 1/4 mile thread
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #31
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)

Drives: Turbo'd 6er
The slips in my car but my one run was against a ss. Hoping the track.will be open next weekend so I can redeem myself
cjt037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #32
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Way to go PT!!!!! Lets put a manual rear diff in and tires for the traction at the drag strip.

We are running Gretchen with the new revisions this weekend so hope to have a new LLT 1/4 mile record if all goes well. Your input has helped us as much as we have helped you.

Just back from PRI show and finalized some deals so I can go public.

For the LLT (up to 2011):

Brodix Cylinder Heads will be producing our after market CNC ported cylinder heads. Were appx 90 days out before release and pricing set.

The VMax intake manifold heat isolator/radiant heat shield is finished.....should be available to ship in the next few weeks. Will post up pricing as soon as I am able:

The full 1 piece design shields the intake manifold from the radiant heat from the engine block as well as the insulating effect of separating the mating surfaces.

The filled/ported modified intake manifold is ready for testing so will post the results in the next few weeks:

The Borg Warner EFR turbos we designed the TT system around should be available again mid Jan.

Will post up the fuel system solution in the next few weeks as well. Looks like 600 hp here we come.

Spent alot of time w/the GM engineers also so some good LLT news coming soon.

Tracy
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #33
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
you mean somebody is actually planning on a cnc ported cylinder head for the LLT tracy!? I guess waiting was not so bad after all

Oh, and thanks for the PM. much

Last edited by bmorecam; 12-05-2011 at 01:29 PM.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #34
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Way to go PT!!!!! Lets put a manual rear diff in and tires for the traction at the drag strip.

We are running Gretchen with the new revisions this weekend so hope to have a new LLT 1/4 mile record if all goes well. Your input has helped us as much as we have helped you.

Brodix Cylinder Heads will be producing our after market CNC ported cylinder heads. Were appx 90 days out before release and pricing set.

The VMax intake manifold heat isolator/radiant heat shield is finished.....should be available to ship in the next few weeks. Will post up pricing as soon as I am able:

The full 1 piece design shields the intake manifold from the radiant heat from the engine block as well as the insulating effect of separating the mating surfaces.

The filled/ported modified intake manifold is ready for testing so will post the results in the next few weeks:

The Borg Warner EFR turbos we designed the TT system around should be available again mid Jan.

Will post up the fuel system solution in the next few weeks as well. Looks like 600 hp here we come.

Tracy
Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag now. A few of you have known for a while, but we are shooting for at least 600 RWHP (about 750 crank). The fuel system has been the hold up. And before everyone starts chiming in about it, yes we know the tranny won't last very long at that level. We've got two options:

1) Just put a build one in, or
2) Let it break and figure out what the weak links are so we know how to address them (then put a built 6L90E in it ).

I hope it all comes together in the next month or so. The fuel issue has been a pain in the A$$, but if we've got that fixed then it should be the last MAJOR hurdle. There will be other issues that come up I'm sure, but I think we are close to making it now.

Couple of things to consider. As several have pointed out, these engines pull quite a bit of timing at WOT. It is worse under boost. Even though our IATs look real good, we are losing power there. Part of it is coming from heat soak (insulator seems to fix that) and the other part seems to come from the poor air flow characteristics. If we've got those two things fixed, this thing should make pretty awesome power at pretty low boost. With the ported heads we will see some gains without increasing the boost. I'm hoping we can get to 600 RWHP with around 16 psi...but that's just a guess at this point.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:16 PM   #35
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3

what material did you use? and what is the temp rating? are you going to do testing to see what the gains are? what sizes will you have available?

Old 12-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #36
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post

Tracy

Tracy, Ill be in your area on the 17th, will you be at the shop? I know its a saturday. Id love to stop by and see this BEAST again! maybe pick up a goody or two for my baby.
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #37
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag now. A few of you have known for a while, but we are shooting for at least 600 RWHP (about 750 crank). The fuel system has been the hold up. And before everyone starts chiming in about it, yes we know the tranny won't last very long at that level. We've got two options:

1) Just put a build one in, or
2) Let it break and figure out what the weak links are so we know how to address them (then put a built 6L90E in it ).

I hope it all comes together in the next month or so. The fuel issue has been a pain in the A$$, but if we've got that fixed then it should be the last MAJOR hurdle. There will be other issues that come up I'm sure, but I think we are close to making it now.

Couple of things to consider. As several have pointed out, these engines pull quite a bit of timing at WOT. It is worse under boost. Even though our IATs look real good, we are losing power there. Part of it is coming from heat soak (insulator seems to fix that) and the other part seems to come from the poor air flow characteristics. If we've got those two things fixed, this thing should make pretty awesome power at pretty low boost. With the ported heads we will see some gains without increasing the boost. I'm hoping we can get to 600 RWHP with around 16 psi...but that's just a guess at this point.
I have just been resold on turbos
Old 12-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #38
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Very cool. You may wish to explor marketing in Germany and Australia once your products come to market. I'll bet your available market will triple if you get a hold in those countries.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #39
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
I'll be here the 17th....work 7 days a week.

Test # should be posted by Sunday evening if all goes well.

Formare, were seeking the funding to be able to do just that....right now we have been turning away far to many dealer inquiries and thats not good business. Right now with funding we could be moving 10x what we currently can produce.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #40
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Omg 600rwhp is th dream!!!!
Ok I'm saving up for that now!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #41
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Wow Tracey talk about a way to hijack a thread lol.

That is all incredible news. I can't wait to see your results on the insulators and your ported IM....I really hope you can show us results of the two items independant of each other as I know thats what I'd really like to see.....but if not I'll take whatever I can get!

The info you posted really deserves its own thread in the V6 bolt on section. Post it all there when the time comes for maximum viewing exposure!

I can't wait to see the day when you guys hit 600+ rwhp...when that happens I think I will PM a mod to get that to the home page lol.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #42
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Omg 600rwhp is th dream!!!!
Ok I'm saving up for that now!
This will be pretty expensive. I'm not sure it will be for everyone. It should be streetable, but I don't think this will be the right way to go if your car is your DD. Like KMP says, different peices will help everyone hopefully.