Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
MPG1959

Drives: 2012 45th SS
Any advantage with coilovers on bumps

Is there any reduction in hitting the bump stops on big bumps with coilovers?
and hitting bumps at speed with just lowering springs,does it upset the car very much? just concerned about hitting bumps going fast and having the car get loose.

Thanks
MPG1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
The Pedders coilovers lower the car but do not reduce shock travel do to their design, which makes for a better ride.You can adjust the shock valving up to 30 positions to get the ride or performanace you are looking for.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce@raymondsperformance View Post
The Pedders coilovers lower the car but do not reduce shock travel do to their design, which makes for a better ride.You can adjust the shock valving up to 30 positions to get the ride or performanace you are looking for.
This. I love my Pedders coilovers. I can set how firm/stiff I want the suspension. Which really helps with these PA roads.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
The biggest advantage to moving to coilovers is moving away from the factory shock. Unlike drop springs which are built around retaining the factory shocks, we are able to move to a shock of our own design and valving, this gives us more control over how the car's suspension will perform over large bumps and road irregularities. The custom valving coupled with an adjustable shock means you can tune the car to be comfortable and confident over bumps that may otherwise upset the balance of your Camaro.

Not only are our spring rates selected specifically for your Camaro, but each one of the shocks will now be hand made and valved by our engineers here in the USA. Because we offer a coilover package that's designed to work only on your Camaro you can be sure that you will get the best performing coilover package available.

Here is a sneak preview of our revised coilover package we are currently working on:

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
The biggest advantage to moving to coilovers is moving away from the factory shock. Unlike drop springs which are built around retaining the factory shocks, we are able to move to a shock of our own design and valving, this gives us more control over how the car's suspension will perform over large bumps and road irregularities. The custom valving coupled with an adjustable shock means you can tune the car to be comfortable and confident over bumps that may otherwise upset the balance of your Camaro.

Not only are our spring rates selected specifically for your Camaro, but each one of the shocks will now be hand made and valved by our engineers here in the USA. Because we offer a coilover package that's designed to work only on your Camaro you can be sure that you will get the best performing coilover package available.

Here is a sneak preview of our revised coilover package we are currently working on:

Wow, those looks NICE.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
Wow, those looks NICE.
Thanks! We will post more info as it becomes available. We are literally designing these as we speak.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Thanks! We will post more info as it becomes available. We are literally designing these as we speak.
I think you need a tester to give his opinion of these on Arkansas roads. I know a guy that might be interested.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote