Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
LightningSS

Drives: WAS '10 SS IBM, NOW '14 BRM ZL1
Am I in trouble?

I'm currently on the road traveling outside the US on business. I've been gone for just over a month now. So I haven't driven my Camaro in that time obviously. But, I have been religiously reading Camaro5 to get my fix. Planning the next mod, etc...

My girlfriend (jokingly) is always giving me a hard time about missing my car more than I do her. I talk to her just about every day, and she always asks if I miss my baby...or her more.

So a couple nights ago I had dream that I was out in my garage doing a mod on the car. Don't remember the details, but something to do with the suspension. Probably because that has been a hot forum topic lately.

Now I wonder if I should tell her I've been having naughty dreams about the car and not her? She'll find it very funny actually....
LightningSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4

Ask her to send you some sexy photos...................and some of her too!!
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:10 PM   #3
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
No , no reason to worry , on the other hand, if the dream was you doing a mod on your girlfriend in the garage it will have been a very serious problem , and reason is that you garage is no heated , other than that you are good to go and do whatever your dreams takes you to !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #4
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post

TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:32 PM   #5
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Tell her you want your baby to talk dirty to you.

Then ask her to go into the garage, put the phone by the exhaust, and ask her to start the car.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:41 PM   #6
Ragin Racin

Drives: C6 Z06, 2011 Camaro convertable
Buy them both something. As for suspension.....look into Phadt.
Ragin Racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:45 PM   #7
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
You can see how much the rear subframe moves in this and some of my other youtube videos. The PFADT bushings are probably the best, a little to much $$$ for my taste. The BMR bushings are half the price.

PHADT's video of their subframe bushings.

I know what you mean about the wife thinking you miss the Camaro more. Be careful, molding is contagious and never ending!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:32 AM   #8
LightningSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
Not to worry. I have some of both!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #9
LightningSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Tell her you want your baby to talk dirty to you.

Then ask her to go into the garage, put the phone by the exhaust, and ask her to start the car.
Fortunately it is a manual. She's too scared to drive it....
Old 04-30-2011, 10:50 AM   #10
LightningSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningSS View Post
I'm currently on the road traveling outside the US on business. I've been gone for just over a month now. So I haven't driven my Camaro in that time obviously. But, I have been religiously reading Camaro5 to get my fix. Planning the next mod, etc...

My girlfriend (jokingly) is always giving me a hard time about missing my car more than I do her. I talk to her just about every day, and she always asks if I miss my baby...or her more.

So a couple nights ago I had dream that I was out in my garage doing a mod on the car. Don't remember the details, but something to do with the suspension. Probably because that has been a hot forum topic lately.

Now I wonder if I should tell her I've been having naughty dreams about the car and not her? She'll find it very funny actually....
Whew! Just got off Skype with the girlfriend. Nobody's in trouble. I emailed her the link to this thread yesterday. She said it made her laugh a lot. Especially everyone's comments.

Isn't it nice to have someone who understands a car junkie?
Old 04-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #11
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
This is a funny topic for me.. on one end its humorous, on the other its so true it hurts.

Listen, I love my wife... but the car is my escape from her. Now, don't get me wrong... women need an escape from us too. It is ok to admit it, and if she told me so I wouldn't be upset with her... unfortunately for me, she never wants an escape from me. I can't possibly be that awesome... hell, sometimes I even annoy myself with my absurdities.

My time in the garage is my escape.. driving this car (oddly enough) calms me down so much and I can forget about the annoyances of the week at work.. she gets upset about the same thing with me and says I love the car more than her.

We had a mild argument because this week I decided to get "artistic-ish" and spray paint up my engine cover... actually came out pretty good and I was damn proud of myself that I saved money. However, she got pissed I didn't spend the last two nights with her... I spent about 20 bucks doing this mod with two tones of rattle cans and a primer...so this mod would have costed me 300-400 to purchase it done from a supplier. I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A DAMN MEDAL!!
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:15 PM   #12
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningSS View Post
Whew! Just got off Skype with the girlfriend. Nobody's in trouble. I emailed her the link to this thread yesterday. She said it made her laugh a lot. Especially everyone's comments.

Isn't it nice to have someone who understands a car junkie?

A shout out at the girlfriend reading this Camaro5 thread, go easy on him!
Old 04-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #13
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
This is a funny topic for me.. on one end its humorous, on the other its so true it hurts.

Listen, I love my wife... but the car is my escape from her. Now, don't get me wrong... women need an escape from us too. It is ok to admit it, and if she told me so I wouldn't be upset with her... unfortunately for me, she never wants an escape from me. I can't possibly be that awesome... hell, sometimes I even annoy myself with my absurdities.

My time in the garage is my escape.. driving this car (oddly enough) calms me down so much and I can forget about the annoyances of the week at work.. she gets upset about the same thing with me and says I love the car more than her.

We had a mild argument because this week I decided to get "artistic-ish" and spray paint up my engine cover... actually came out pretty good and I was damn proud of myself that I saved money. However, she got pissed I didn't spend the last two nights with her... I spent about 20 bucks doing this mod with two tones of rattle cans and a primer...so this mod would have costed me 300-400 to purchase it done from a supplier. I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A DAMN MEDAL!!

Sounds like my baby momma man, I can soooooooooooo relate....
Old 05-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #14
ooojerry

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
I spent about 20 bucks doing this mod with two tones of rattle cans and a primer...so this mod would have costed me 300-400 to purchase it done from a supplier. I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A DAMN MEDAL!!
She should be ahppy. Thats $280-380 more dollars that SHE WILL spend!