Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-28-2008, 12:04 AM   #1
memphus

Drives: driving a beater while saving
Will very tall people be comfortable?

I'm 6 foot 5 inches, and there's nothing I can do to change that. While it has definitly benefitted me in sports, one thing that sucks very much is:

Being unable to sit comfortably in the back seat of ANY car, and being able to sit comfortably in the front seat of probably only about 50% of cars. The biggest problem is that, do to long legs, I have to move the seat all the way back, and have to lean the back of the seat as well so that I have enough head room. As a result, the steering wheel is super far away from my arms, making me have to do a "zombie" pose to drive a car.

I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed how deep in the pedals are on the new Camaros? Are they far in, allowing me to actually not have to move the seat all the way back? Or are they virtually directly underneath the steering wheel (as is the case in many more cars than you'd think), making the car virtually undrivable?
memphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:00 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I really want to be able to tell you, but missed the chance to sit in the coupe. Now...and I stress this, the folks who sat in the coupe said there was room, but not much head room if they were any taller. If you look at the pix of the prototype, they lowered the seat....looks to be my wild guess of maybe 4 to 5 inches. Now, I could be waaaaay off. But, you take a look and see what you think. The pix of the vert and coupe show the seat to be very high. And, they did raise the roof just a bit....something like 14mm.

I'm 6'03" and I know what you mean. I sure hope they have enough room for us....and not like the 4th Gens where you actually have more room driving than in the front passenger seat.

The pedals, I don't know about. I'd say to look at the pix of the concepts, but as the vehicle progresses it'll most likely change. No info out there now on pedals. Maybe you can see something in the interior spyshots thread?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
I thought there was a guy here or at another Camaro forum that was 6'2 and had gotten into the Camaro coup and said he was fine for head room. I'll have to find that posting. I'm dead on the nose 6'0 so I figured I was ok, it would be nice to get some confirmation. That would actually be the deal breaker for me.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
One of the few cases us shorter people have an advantage j/k

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote