Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 05-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
r1coder
Evo MR to Camaro SS

Drives: 2012 45th SS LS3
Suspension - Recommended Installers?

Hey all,
I'm looking for some advice on a good shop that can install my Pfadt Stage 3 ZL Spec Suspension Kit. (i.e. Sub-Frame bushings, Springs, Sways, trailing arms, alignment, etc...)

I am looking for someplace close to home (North Eastern PA or North Western NJ).

Does anybody have a good recommendation?
r1coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
It's not rocket science with the parts you have, so any shop that you have nearby can do it unless you don't mind spending a weekend to save a few bucks, get dirty, and do it yourself. The only thing you can't do is the alignment. The only thing that might get you is the bushings, but if you follow the directions on the website, you can do it yourself.

If you don't want to do it, find a local mom and pop garage. You can probably negotiate a good price with them.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
spacedriver

Drives: 2011 ss silver black strips 6 speed
I had Phaft coilovers sway bars done at Epic tunning in allentown did a great job pm me if u need there number.
spacedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:51 AM   #4
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
It's not rocket science with the parts you have, so any shop that you have nearby can do it unless you don't mind spending a weekend to save a few bucks, get dirty, and do it yourself. The only thing you can't do is the alignment. The only thing that might get you is the bushings, but if you follow the directions on the website, you can do it yourself.

If you don't want to do it, find a local mom and pop garage. You can probably negotiate a good price with them.

Pfadt is on the same level as Pedders suspension, and the last place I'd bring my car to for a high performance alignment is a mom and pop shop. The OP spent good money on a Pfadt system, so I'd sure as hell want someone familiar with high performance cars and alignments. There's a big difference between aligning your average car and a car outfitted with some of the best components. Do you want aggressive street set up, road course, 1/4 mile specific, there's a lot of questions you need to ask a potential shop. I can tell you 2 places in NJ that I'd trust, but I'm sure with some research you can find someone a little closer.

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
r1coder
Evo MR to Camaro SS

Thanks for the responses everyone.
John and Craig from Epic Tuning have done some great work for me before, I forgot they moved to a new location. I will be going over there to get the work done.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
spacedriver

Good choice they have done a lot of sweet rides thats the place you want to go !!!! Im waiting on a short throw shifter which they will be doing for me ,hey when you talk to them tell them I said hello ,names mike I have the 11 silver ss rs ,let me know when your getting it done like to see your ride.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
r1coder
Evo MR to Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedriver View Post
Good choice they have done a lot of sweet rides thats the place you want to go !!!! Im waiting on a short throw shifter which they will be doing for me ,hey when you talk to them tell them I said hello ,names mike I have the 11 silver ss rs ,let me know when your getting it done like to see your ride.
Will do Mike, I'm scheduled for the 26th because they are really busy. John had mentioned he just did your car recently. I also have an MGW short throw on order but it won't be here in time so I will probably end up doing that myself if they remain too busy for a quick appointment. I just put on my exhaust (Stainless Works Retro Chambered Cat Back) myself because I was just too damn anxious to wait until the 26th. I don't mind having them do even the things that I can do because they are great guys and deserve to have the work.
They did all the work on my EVO and it came out fantastic. That was one fast car but it was time to say goodbye after 90K miles and 6 years.
Hope you can make it down, I would love to see your car as well!
-Ken

BTW, A buddy of mine with a '13 IOM SS and I are probably going to the Pypes Open House (Landsdale, PA) this Saturday. If you're not doing anything maybe you should swing by. All the info is on the Pypes website http://pypesexhaust.com/openhouse.html
Old 06-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #8
Frans96ss

Drives: 96SS
Give us a call. We can get everything installed for you.
Frans96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #9
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
East Coast Supercharging (ECS) http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/ did my Pfadt coilovers, sport sway bars, endlinks, trailing arms, bushings; Hotchkis Strut Tower brace and my Cold Air Inductions CAI. Chris and Doug are the best in the business and Lead Tech Tommy is outstanding.

Highly recommend them.
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
spacedriver

I stopped in saw your car up on the lift ,your putting some bucks into that bad boy,looking good,really like to see her when there done.I was talking to John about the pfadt headers maybe next mod he said your where talking about them to,like there line ,herd good things from people I know who own vetts. Was thinking july 14th down at steel stacks pretty nice car show ,maybe we can hook up there,John usually stops by ,some really nice cars usually good turn out,let me know if you can make it ,really want to here the muffler system and the car should look great lowered .Hope to see you there ,have a good day!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #11
r1coder
Evo MR to Camaro SS

Thanks. Yeah they did a great job, they always treat every car like its their own. The car drives so much better now. Heard you're getting the MGW installed. You're gonna love it. John was impressed with how it felt in my car. I have also heard some great things about Pfadt Tri-Y headers. I was happy to hear they are now available for our cars. I may have to hold off on the headers for just a bit since a tune will be needed. Once I go down that path, I'm probably going do a cam and clutch at the same time.
Next thing might be 3.73 or 3.91 gears but I'm probably ordering a front splitter before that. Still trying to figure out which one I want.
I'll see what's going for the 14th and let you know if I can make it. Cheers!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #12
spacedriver

The tune ,that's whats holding me back,figure get some more miles on the car.I have ZL1 splitter on mine and just picked up ZL1 rockers,waiting on carben fiber spoiler . I know it's easier said then done ,but will have to hook up sooner or later,have a good nite.