Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #71
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom7322 View Post
I think the Z28, if they even call it that, will be a 1le pkg with a 6.2 DI from the C7 vette but not
the same power level. I was just reading a article about the new C7 where the GM spokesman
had mentioned that the vette engine was going to be used in other platforms! I think it was on speed.
Been reading alot of news on the C7. What a great looking car. So there's the engine we get?
Hopefully with new hood style and front facia, rear diffuser? Have to set it apart from the SS Cain't waite.
I doubt we will see the LT1 in any Gen 5 Camaro.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #72
tom7322

Drives: Yes
Ya never know gen 5 could go out with a bang. I wish we could get some hard facts insted of
all the speculation. Most of what I have seen, seems ambiguos at best. Time will tell !
tom7322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #73
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Drives: 13 2SS/RS 6M, 05 Mitsubishi Evo 8
Man... just read through all of this. Who cares if there may be a Z28 or not? Who cares that the new Corvette is out and looks like a Nissan GTR did the dirty with a 5Gen Camaro and there you have it? Why not just build what you want and call it a day? Why not take the best of what the ZL1 offers and build your 2SS up to it and surpass it? Why does it have to be called a Z28? Just make something, call it what you want and be done with it. Hell, that's half the fun of owning a car that is an excellent platform to to build up and personalize. Anyway, I don't know anything. I just think with all your energy you could have made your own Z28.

Just love the Camaro you got.
Ken_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #74
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
It's OK if you don't get it.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #75
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...and that's the point, one can't make their own Z/28. One can make their own custom Camaro true, there are many who act bitter and nay say those of us who want a Z/28. Just call it a day, forget about the old time heritage and history? For those who were driving those cars years ago like us, we want it back again. It's like having the pro team sold off from your city coming back home again. It will be a home coming for us, not you. So, you need let it go. You don't get it anyway.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #76
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
I think the guys in the Risk Management dept at GM will think the LS7 is too much engine for the lighter 6th gen Camaro, so the spare ones left over by the Corvette's engine change will need to go into bigger gen5's.

Braking and handling upgrades necessitated by the power increase (safety first!) will result in a mandatory Z/28 option package when you choose the LS7 engine in your 2014 Camaro.

Obviously, you'll receive some badging changes on the car to display the model designation...

Is your mouth watering?
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #77
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...once the engine options come out for the DI motors available for the C7 Corvette, then we shall see what is offered for us. The LS7 is a dead design, will they offer a 427 DI motor is the next question...
Old 03-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #78
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...once the engine options come out for the DI motors available for the C7 Corvette, then we shall see what is offered for us. The LS7 is a dead design, will they offer a 427 DI motor is the next question...
It would be great!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote