Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-19-2013, 05:30 AM   #1
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Can anyone recommend a wax besides....

Americana? I would try Americana as I have heard nothing but good things about it, but considering my expenses, I have to hold off and look for a cheaper alternative. I will however take advantage of Autogeeks 15% off today, and buy a few items from their site. Any suggestions for a quality wax?

By the way if Adams is listening, I am curious why you do not have sales like these from Autogeek? I am not bashing you trust me, as every product I have purchased from you is top notch. What makes me wonder is in these times(recession, depression whatever you want to call it) why you wouldn't want to have more deals available?
Old 04-19-2013, 05:34 AM   #2
supercharged zl1

Drives: '13 camaro zl1 '08 daytona charger
i like to use meguiar's on my car.
supercharged zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #3
trm2

Drives: Model S, Vette, Volt & Equinox
You do know you can always get 10% off with the forum discount, right? That is only $45 for the mini Americana which will last for years.

If you would like to try Adam's Buttery wax, shoot me a pm with your address. I have an unopened bottle that I will simply never use now that Americana is my "cheap wax" since I bought the Patriot. I'll even pay to ship it to you if you promise to do something nice for someone else.

Last edited by trm2; 04-19-2013 at 07:18 AM.
trm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
I use the Mequires ultimate liquid wax. I can do the whole car in about 30 mins, you dont have to be in the shade, less than 80 degrees, only do a 2x2 area, yada yada. It doenst leave white residue on anything other than paint. Its also pretty cheap, less than 15$ a bottle.

Now, my disclaimer, i am thinking about changing, i want to see if there is a similar product, that may last a bit longer.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
From Autopia try Blackfire Midnight Sun or CG Pete's 53

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-19-2013, 07:53 AM   #6
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
Just bought Blackfire Midnight sun, recommended by CamaroDreams07(^^^).

I can't recommend till i use it but im sure itll be great
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #7
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
From Autopia try Blackfire Midnight Sun or CG Pete's 53

This or for the ultimate bang for your buck, try Collinite 845.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #8
pastohio

Drives: Indy Pace Car
Try Adams or Zaino...both work as well as anything else, claybar the car first, then follow the companies directions of order to apply the product, you will be happy !! Adam's just came out with a very good wheel cleaner that cuts the brake dust without a lot of work !!
pastohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #9
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
Americana? I would try Americana as I have heard nothing but good things about it, but considering my expenses, I have to hold off and look for a cheaper alternative. I will however take advantage of Autogeeks 15% off today, and buy a few items from their site. Any suggestions for a quality wax?

By the way if Adams is listening, I am curious why you do not have sales like these from Autogeek? I am not bashing you trust me, as every product I have purchased from you is top notch. What makes me wonder is in these times(recession, depression whatever you want to call it) why you wouldn't want to have more deals available?
Just a heads up Adams just had a spring 15% off sale a few weeks ago
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #10
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
For wax I'm using "Best in Show" by Griots http://www.griotsgarage.com/
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #11
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastohio View Post
Try Adams or Zaino...both work as well as anything else, claybar the car first, then follow the companies directions of order to apply the product, you will be happy !! Adam's just came out with a very good wheel cleaner that cuts the brake dust without a lot of work !!
Even on threads that specifically ask for it to NOT be Adam's, the Army rides blindly into battle on their flaming steeds of obedience, vanquishing every trace of individuality or sense.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #12
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Even on threads that specifically ask for it to NOT be Adam's, the Army rides blindly into battle on their flaming steeds of obedience, vanquishing every trace of individuality or sense.

It probably doesn't help that the OP didn't put "Americana" in the thread title. He just put "recommend a wax besides"
Old 04-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #13
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:

I think he just read the title.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #14
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post

We run sales on a semi-frequent basis (I believe 5 or 6 in the first quarter of this year) and you get a perpetual 10% off on every order you place with the forum discount.

We also run a Daily Special every weekday and the Friday update runs through the weekend.

If those aren't enough to compete with AG in your mind/wallet, then go ahead and take advantage of their sales and get product from them. As long as your car is shiny, that's all that matters.

Quote:

We must be doing something right, huh???
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote