Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #197
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
why does GM do this ? first no bumble bee color .now no flat white color even though it looks like it's not just white it looks like a flat Pearl white . GM could make a profit off those
A couple of things....

One - the 'bumblebee' color requires several paint processes that cannot be made in an assembly plant that paints several car lines. Further, you may want to actually price the paint that was used on Bumblebee - (the primer, the tintcoats, the finish coats...) Incredibly expensive and no, we could not make a profit on it.

Same for the show-car white.

None of the cars shown are Red Hot. Red Hot is not a metallic color - it's a more 'pure' bright red.

(think 4th gen Bright Rally Red or Corvette's Torch Red -- versus Victory Red which has a bit more 'orange' to it....)

Unless the lighting is playing tricks -- the 1LE is Crystal Red Metallic.

Red Rocks Metallic is more 'bronze' or 'rust' than Red. When you compare the two side-to-side, you'll see what I'm talking about. I don't believe any of the cars in the pictures are Red Rock Metallic.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #198
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
The rear tail lamp is growing on me actually.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #199
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
A couple of things....

One - the 'bumblebee' color requires several paint processes that cannot be made in an assembly plant that paints several car lines. Further, you may want to actually price the paint that was used on Bumblebee - (the primer, the tintcoats, the finish coats...) Incredibly expensive and no, we could not make a profit on it.

None of the cars shown are Red Hot. Red Hot is not a metallic color - it's a more 'pure' bright red.

(think 4th gen Bright Rally Red or Corvette's Torch Red -- versus Victory Red which has a bit more 'orange' to it....)

Red Rocks Metallic is more 'bronze' or 'rust' than Red. When you compare the two side-to-side, you'll see what I'm talking about. I don't believe any of the cars in the pictures are Red Rock Metallic.
Thank you. That's what I thought. I was worried for a second though.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #200
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Thanks for posting the pictures. Really appreciate your taking the time to go by there and look for new models/colors. I'm in the group that likes the new models. Still planning on a '14 or '15 if the budget will allow.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

Old 05-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #201
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
When you sat down and took this pic, were they Recaro seats? And if they were, were they powered seats?
lol thats my car! and yes, my seats are powered!

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
Old 05-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #202
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
A couple of things....

Thanks for clarification. The guy I talked to said it was Red Hot, which I have never heard of. Any time frame on the new colors Fbodfather?

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
Old 05-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #203
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Thanks for the pics!

I will say that chrome strip looks OUT of place on the 1LE. I honestly would say, the chrome strip needs to only stay on the SS/RS model but not the 1LE/RS. And the vent looks out of place on certain colors, I'm not sure why. So many things I dislike about the refresh. I will say the seats are a plus!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #204
pgreen

Drives: 2018 2LT RS Camaro Convertible
Great Pics!! Thanks for posting!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #205
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgreen View Post
Great Pics!! Thanks for posting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by allsteelers View Post
I may be in the minority here but I'm starting to not only get used to the rear but I'm actually starting to like it. I will be in the market for a 2014 1LE w/RS package (hate the chrome.) It looks like the recent pictures of the rears are showing a diffuser that is lower than the ones shown a couple of weeks back. My guess is that those original images were of non-complete cars hence the missing front diffusor on the silver 1LE that was shown. Also the rear lights are growing on me.

This will be my first new car in 6 years and I'm counting the days till I place my order for my 1LE. Originally was planning on the Orange but I see it's no longer offered. May have to go with the Ashen Grey. I like the sinister look of the dark paint and the dark wheels.
Good choice! The '14 1LE looks smokin hot! And of course we know it performs like a beast!
Old 05-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #206
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
I like the car just not the chrome strip around the headlights on the RS package. Doesn't fit on the car.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #207
jideker71

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray 2SS/RS Synergy
Who's getting one? That would be me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Outstanding vehicle. So my question now is....

Who all is going to get one?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I'm getting one; it's just a question of which color--Summit White or Red Hot and how soon I can get out of my old car without my husband shooting me. =)
Old 05-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #208
jideker71

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray 2SS/RS Synergy
Thanks for the pics! I'm dreaming about these cars more than I'm getting anything else done these days. These are just the new jolt I needed.

As for the redesign, I like the new front end including the chrome. I will most likely replace the plastic chrome look with real chrome. That's one thing my husband and I talked about was adding a little more chrome somehow if we had gotten a 13. I guess we're in the minority, but oh well. I like the new fog lamps on the SS better than on prior years too. I miss the "mail slot" though. I liked it better. Now, the back end. I don't mind the new tail lights, but all that gray skirting (or whatever you call it) on the back is going to have to grow on me. Don't get me wrong. I love the car, and I am getting one ASAP, but that is the one thing about the redesign that has me scratching my head. Incidentally, I like the whole back end on the 13's and prior better than this one, but it's still not that bad.

Now, 2014 2SS/RS manual, dual exhaust, short throw shifter, all black interior, decklid blade spoiler (or high wing), but the question is SUMMIT WHITE OR HOT RED?? Can't wait to see the hot red especially in person. The white does look dang awesome though.

Last edited by jideker71; 05-31-2013 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something
Old 05-31-2013, 12:03 AM   #209
USMC Anti Venom

Drives: Soon to be ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jideker71 View Post
Thanks for the pics! I'm dreaming about these cars more than I'm getting anything else done these days. These are just the new jolt I needed.

As for the redesign, I like the new front end including the chrome. I will most likely replace the plastic chrome look with real chrome. That's one thing my husband and I talked about was adding a little more chrome somehow if we had gotten a 13. I guess we're in the minority, but oh well. I like the new fog lamps on the SS better than on prior years too. I miss the "mail slot" though. I liked it better. Now, the back end. I don't mind the new tail lights, but all that gray skirting (or whatever you call it) on the back is going to have to grow on me. Don't get me wrong. I love the car, and I am getting one ASAP, but that is the one thing about the redesign that has me scratching my head. Incidentally, I like the whole back end on the 13's and prior better than this one, but it's still not that bad.

Now, 2014 2SS/RS manual, dual exhaust, short throw shifter, all black interior, decklid blade spoiler (or high wing), but the question is SUMMIT WHITE OR HOT RED?? Can't wait to see the hot red especially in person. The white does look dang awesome though.

Mine is going to be Summit White. Go thru the threads with the pics of the colors.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:17 AM   #210
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
I really hope I can get those Recaros for my 13 1LE! It's the only thing about the 14s that I liked.

Closed Thread