Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #15
snowtrill

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6- Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
Ok, I understand the whole no paved roads thing. But how bad are the roads/paths to begin with? Are they flat and drivable or do you need a jeep to get over them?

The GFX do not affect your clearance. I go over speedbumps everyday and my are still on. I avoid unpaved roads at all costs but if I had to drive over one removing the GFX would be the least of my worries.

If you're driving over gravel the worst that can happen is rocks flinging up and hitting the bottom of the side skirts or maybe uner the rear diffuser by the exhaust. I'd be more worried about gravel flinging up unto the actual quarter panel where the gills are.

Just get the GFX, and clear bra the car (nose, side skirts and gills) and you'll be fine. Taking them off would be way to much a pain in the ass. Especially w/o help.
It depends, during the summer trip the roads are mostly flat and would have been graded in the last 3 -4 months. Winter is a completely different story because the graders don't show up until spring. In winter I don't go more than about 10 mph in my Escape due to the bumps and craters.

Dirt roads, no gravel.

I thought they were really going to lower the ground clearance but since that isn't the case I think I'll be ok.

I hadn't thought about a clear bra so I'll read those threads.

Thanks for the suggestions.
snowtrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #16
snowtrill

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6- Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwk SS View Post
I would just rent a car if its only a couple times a year....
Hadn't thought about that at all - good idea.
snowtrill is offline   Reply With Quote