Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #43
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChelline View Post
But my rims will look like brand new!!!!
so they say... and you can only hope
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #44
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
read this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro692 View Post
rydahog- why wouldnt he feel safe its just paint for christ sakes. The rim doesnt really have a hole just a big chunk missing or paint
if you read the full sentence below buddy, he did mention a hole in it....
Thats why i said my comment about feeling safe// "for christ sake"

We left the car there (which I usually dont do) and when we picked her up the first thing I did was a walk around..Didn't take long to find the 1st ding..walked to the next tire, some thing, walked to the passanger side and there was a scratch all the way around my front rim!!!! The back rim has a hole in it! A freaking hole!!!

rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #45
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
Are you going to feel really safe riding on these rims?
just a thought.
Safe?? Why wouldn't they be safe...they are getting re-coated...not re-worked...

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #46
sw5thgen

Drives: 2ss
that is why you only go to a shop that knows abotu custom wheels
sw5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #47
rydahog

And again i refer to his post.....there is a friggin hole in it...
i am saying that I.."me" would not ride on a rim with a hole in it....it needs to be disposed of for safety sake at the very least.........OUT!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #48
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
I think everyone is reading too much into the "hole" thing. Probably was referring to the chunk missing in this picture, not an actual hole in the wheel.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #49
CamaroChelline

Drives: Like a bat outta hell
------I'm a female btw..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
doesnt this sorta thing happen when you pick the cheapest place to do business?

I think this sorta thing can happen anywhere..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyz28 View Post
They should also cover a rental for the amount of time it takes to repair the damage.
I don't need a rental, I've got another vehicle to drive so that's not a big deal to me.. Now if I didn't have another ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro692 View Post
rydahog- why wouldnt he feel safe its just paint for christ sakes. The rim doesnt really have a hole just a big chunk missing or paint
I'm a her.. that's me in my avatar...But I know what he means.. my mistake.. By hole I meant big hole of whatever is covering my rims..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzerDrache View Post
Where did you go? Did you hear how much it will cost to fix the rims? If you have the polished rims make sure the strip the entire rim and not just where teh damage is. If they don't you will see different color where they recoated them.
I went to Acadiana Rim Repair and it's gonna to cost the tire place just under $1000 to strip and recoat all 4 rims..I was worried about it looking different too so all 4 are being done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
so they say... and you can only hope

Aahh!! I HOPE!! My heart can't take anymore damage to my baby

Quote:
if you read the full sentence below buddy, he did mention a hole in it....
Thats why i said my comment about feeling safe// "for christ sake"

We left the car there (which I usually dont do) and when we picked her up the first thing I did was a walk around..Didn't take long to find the 1st ding..walked to the next tire, some thing, walked to the passanger side and there was a scratch all the way around my front rim!!!! The back rim has a hole in it! A freaking hole!!!

I'm sorry! I (a female..LOL) did say hole because that's what it was.. it just doesn't go all the way through the metal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw5thgen View Post
that is why you only go to a shop that knows abotu custom wheels
Lesson learned.. trust me

Quote:
And again i refer to his post.....there is a friggin hole in it...
i am saying that I.."me" would not ride on a rim with a hole in it....it needs to be disposed of for safety sake at the very least.........OUT!
I agree with you 100%.. But I wasn't sure what to call that...piece of rim coating missing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
I think everyone is reading too much into the "hole" thing. Probably was referring to the chunk missing in this picture, not an actual hole in the wheel.

BINGO!! Theres the hole I was talking about.. sorry for any confusion guys!!
TOTALED by drunk driver on 10/4/14--Limited Edition R6P ABM #127/ 2SS/RS/ Black Interior/ Black Rally Stripes/ Sunroof/ Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust/ AEM CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
*NEW* Limited Edition Aqua Blue Metallic #417/ 2SS/RS/ Manual/ Ground Effects/ Black Interior/ Gray Vintage Stripe/ Sunroof/ Kooks Headers/ Borla Atak Cat-back Exhaust/ CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
CamaroChelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #50
rydahog

thanks chelline, i rest my case.. thanks for amending this post..
Old 09-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #51
CamaroChelline

Quote:
thanks chelline, i rest my case.. thanks for amending this post..
You're welcome. Thanks for worrying about a fellow Camaro driver being safe
TOTALED by drunk driver on 10/4/14--Limited Edition R6P ABM #127/ 2SS/RS/ Black Interior/ Black Rally Stripes/ Sunroof/ Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust/ AEM CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
*NEW* Limited Edition Aqua Blue Metallic #417/ 2SS/RS/ Manual/ Ground Effects/ Black Interior/ Gray Vintage Stripe/ Sunroof/ Kooks Headers/ Borla Atak Cat-back Exhaust/ CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
Old 09-23-2010, 05:26 AM   #52
Genious
Army EOD Tech

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I had the exact same thing happen to my last car. The machine they use only worked on up to 19" rims and mine were 20" but they tried it anyway. No bull$shit, I walked in the back of NTB and saw a guy standing on top of the wheel while still on the mount machine trying to beat down the last corner with a pry bar. Needless to say I lost my mind in the middle of the store. My rims were chrome, When I got to the rim guy that very same day he told me the rim had to be replaced because it was now warped from the mount and the pounding. The NTB manager put the mounted and balanced the new rim on a new tire and fired the guy who did it.
Genious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:51 AM   #53
CamaroChelline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genious View Post
I had the exact same thing happen to my last car. The machine they use only worked on up to 19" rims and mine were 20" but they tried it anyway. No bull$shit, I walked in the back of NTB and saw a guy standing on top of the wheel while still on the mount machine trying to beat down the last corner with a pry bar. Needless to say I lost my mind in the middle of the store. My rims were chrome, When I got to the rim guy that very same day he told me the rim had to be replaced because it was now warped from the mount and the pounding. The NTB manager put the mounted and balanced the new rim on a new tire and fired the guy who did it.
O yeah.. I would have done the same.. I can get crazy about my car..I wonder....Are they gonna fire the guy who did this to my rims? or make him pay for the repair? I guess I'll never know since I'm not ever going back there...