Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-20-2010, 01:38 AM   #1
tommygun6644

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Cobalt LT
Air coming from the vent inside the car with no air turned on.

Just slightly, but noticeable. Anyone else notice this? The vents on the dash seem to be blowing typically warm air in even with the air settings turned off.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:41 AM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
While driving I assume?
Old 03-20-2010, 01:44 AM   #3
binlow84

Drives: '10 Camaro, IBM 2LT/RS
If it's while driving then it's normal (at least in every car I've driven). The vents from the outside air do not close just because the ventilation fans are off so inevitably some air is going to make it inside the car. That is if I remember correctly, and if not someone will correct me
Produced - 2/24/10
In the driveway - 3/4/10
Total time order to delivery - 47 days
binlow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:51 AM   #4
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
make sure the fan control is turned all the way off.i noticed this also.thought the fan was off,but the fan control wasn't turned all the way to the left.fine now.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:54 AM   #5
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
If no air enters the vehicle, you will die. All cars are designed like that. If you don't like it on the dash, turn the floor vent on (more commonly used for the heater). And make sure the temperature is on cold, even if the vent is in the off position.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:05 AM   #6
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Make sure that your fans are off and the circulation button is on. I dont have this car but on my scion tc if i have the fans off and the circulation button (an arrow doing a circle in the middle of a car) is on no air will come out. But if both are off then the hot air from the engine will sneak in.
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:28 AM   #7
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownhornitt View Post
If no air enters the vehicle, you will die. All cars are designed like that. If you don't like it on the dash, turn the floor vent on (more commonly used for the heater). And make sure the temperature is on cold, even if the vent is in the off position.

Your kidding on this one right "YOU WILL DIE"?
There are two modes for AIR CIRCULATION in the car (MOST IF NOT ALL). One mode is where OUTSIDE AIR is brought in. This mode you would use when you don't have the A/C on. Air will come into the car when the "Recirculate" button is off, even if the fans are off.

The other Mode where the INSIDE AIR is recirculated, you would use this mode when the A/C is ON. The reason for this, is that you want the A/C to remove the moisture from the air in the car, helping cool the air down. If you use the "RECICULATION" mode in the car w/o the A/C on, your windows will fog up becuase there will be much humidity in the car.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:08 AM   #8
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
My Malibu does the same thing, completely normal.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #9
Krozzbow

Drives: 2LT/BB 3.6 V6 6-M Jun'09 #A9100242
Funny that you mentioned that. Yesterday I took my camaro out so it could stretch itís tires from a long winter nap and noticed air coming from the vents. I jumped the gun and started arguing with my sons about the no touchy rules on my Camaro. I checked all the knobs to make sure and they all were off. 15 minutes later the air stopped and didnít do that all day. At the end of the day I felt kind of sh-tty and took my boys for a pizza. Yes, they had a ride in the Camaro.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #10
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
There's always air flowing through the interior. Cars' hvac systems have been like that for decades.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #11
BigRigMike

Drives: 2010 Ford Fusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
Your kidding on this one right "YOU WILL DIE"?
There are two modes for AIR CIRCULATION in the car (MOST IF NOT ALL). One mode is where OUTSIDE AIR is brought in. This mode you would use when you don't have the A/C on. Air will come into the car when the "Recirculate" button is off, even if the fans are off.

The other Mode where the INSIDE AIR is recirculated, you would use this mode when the A/C is ON. The reason for this, is that you want the A/C to remove the moisture from the air in the car, helping cool the air down. If you use the "RECICULATION" mode in the car w/o the A/C on, your windows will fog up becuase there will be much humidity in the car.
Even in recirculation mode the HVAC system will still bring in some fresh air and mix it with the cabin air. There is a minumum amount of fresh air that is required at all times. Every car is designed to pump in enough fresh air so that when the cabin is filled, CO2 levels will stay below a certain level.

Even if they did not have the safeguards i doubt you would die but then again you would get very tired.
BigRigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #12
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
Turn re-cerc on and it'll stop. I will say it's not nearly as bad as my Civic was.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #13
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRigMike View Post
Even in recirculation mode the HVAC system will still bring in some fresh air and mix it with the cabin air. There is a minumum amount of fresh air that is required at all times. Every car is designed to pump in enough fresh air so that when the cabin is filled, CO2 levels will stay below a certain level.

Even if they did not have the safeguards i doubt you would die but then again you would get very tired.
i agree with this.