Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
OrangeBee
1 LT/RS Inferno Orange

Drives: 2001 Mustang
Funniest compliments you have received so far?

Guys,

I know almost everyone has been given a thumbs up, a smile, "Awesome car" and other compliments while driving around in our awesome Camaros. But, the compliment I got today tops everything I have ever heard.

I getting my car washed at this joint down the street from me and this guy pulls up right next to my car in a mini-van. Walks out staring my car down until he walks up to me. Says "thats an awesome car, if you dont get wood everytime you drive it, you are not a MAN !!".

A little inappropriate, but, so funny
2500 = Sep 30, 2009: Order Preferenced
3000 = Oct 01, 2009: Accepted By Prod Control TPW 10/26/2009
6000 = Oct 08, 2009: Delivered to the customer
OrangeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
RedEagle

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6, '07 Trailblazer
Send a message via Yahoo to RedEagle
Bumblebee's Evil Twin Sister Kruella

Well, not exactly a comment per se, but I was over at a buddies house this past weekend installing my Hurst shifter. His 3 year old son comes out and wants to take a look at the car. I proceed to tell him that this is Kruella, Bumblebee's evil twin sister, and that his dad and I are doing some minor upgrades for her this weekend. He sits in the drivers seat the whole time whilst we are doing the install and just about the time we are cleaning up the messege alert on my phone, sitting next to him in the cup holder, sounds with a loud autobot transforming sound, and his son did one of these in amazement. He refused to get out because he wanted her to transform. It took me a minute to convince him that the car wasn't really going to transform. I thought it was awesome !

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, M6, Black on Black, White Stripes, Sunroof, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, WeatherTech Mats, Body Molded Splash Guards, Skip Shift Eliminator -- VIN 60162

RedEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Mailman walked by my car, and said "This is the quietest Camaro I have ever heard". And while I was in a car accident, the Paramedics came and asked me what year my car is, I said 2010, he replied "Damn, such a shame, such a awesome looking car" lol
Old 04-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
MadMav

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6
I walked out of a Dominoes to get my wallet. As soon as I shut the door and turned around this guy screamed at the top of his lungs..........Man, that car is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! Showing me the finger guns.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
theone
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs camaro
I was in the Wisconsin dells the other day and two guys in a Z06 drive up along side me, the pasenger asked what year she was i told him 2010 and they said nice car and gave me thumbs up
theone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #6
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I had an older gent probably in his 80's checking out my 2SS/RS in the parking lot of Olive Garden restaurant. I hit the door unlock button and he turned around and apologized for staring. I told him it's not problem, I find myself staring at it quite often myself. He says "I have never really liked the look of cars since 40's, but I have to say this is one handsome car."

I had never heard a car called handsome but I thought it was a very nice compliment. He asked me several more questions and when I told him the car was 426HP his jaw about dropped. He asked me "Just what do you do with that kind of power?" I told him that I can get anywhere I want really fast. I offered to take him for a ride but he said he was waiting for his wife and he didn't think he would be able to get out of the car once he got it. He thanked me for taking the time to talk to him and I thanked him for the compliment.

It was a pretty cool experience.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:23 PM   #7
NapalmSound

Drives: 2010 LS CGM
Literally 3 mins after picking her up from the dealership (On Dec 24th), an older man pulls up next to me on the highway off ramp at the light. "General Motors F***ed up!!, noo good, no good! But thiss... THIIS...!! *nods his head in approval*
NapalmSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #8
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
not exactly a funny comment but I was going throu the drive throu at Taco Bell and the girl kept screwing up my order and could hear intermitent muting of the mic, when I get to the pick up window there are two cute teenage girls hanging out the window both gushing over the Silver Bullet. they couldn't put two sentences together. all I understood was they loved my ride. It amazes me the reactions I get. NEVER got these types of compliments before. The car is a magnet :o)

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:36 PM   #9
Blue Angel

Drives: 2010 LS ABM
As I drove home from work tonight I turned past a minivan sitting at a light. The back window was down and this teenage girl screamed at the top of her lungs "OH MY GOD" right in my ear. Scared the sh~t out of me.
Blue Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #10
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
I gave my 4YO nephew and his father (my bro-in-law) a ride in my car. I've never seen this kid smile this much. I drove them around the neighborhood and as we turned back into my driveway, I asked him what he thought. He said, "Daddy's Camery and mommy's Volvo are slow. Uncle Nick's Chevy is fast!" I said, "Now you're running with the big dogs, my boy."
Old 04-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #11
MadMav

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6
I had a girl at a quicky mart tell me she would do anything for a ride.......

Sad thing is she said it in front of my kids.

Mav
Old 04-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #12
emin7
1st State C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2LT/RS
not really funny, but during my test drive i got a couple honks and thumbs up.....i could get used to this!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #13
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to BigMatt
I took my one buddy for a ride a couple weeks ago. I pulled up to a stop sign and waited for a car to go by so I could turn right and get on it a little bit. After the car passes and I make sure everything is clear, I rev it up and get it sideways and do a nice little burnout. Well the kids in the car in front of me saw this and were going nuts in the back of the car trying to get me to do it again. I thought it was awesome to see them that excited.
LS3, JRE Smooth Idle cam, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Spohn lcas, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id850s, Alky Control
BigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:29 PM   #14
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
I live near a big college and a car load of college guys pull up next to me at a light. They are all hanging out the windows gawking when one shouts - Have you seen the Transformer movie? I said yes. He said I'm pretty sure you've got Optimus Prime hiding in there some where. I said don't worry - he's under the hood and in my complete control. Then he begged me to rev the engine so of course I did and all five of them sqealed like little girls. The light changed - I gave them a mini burnout and left them with jaws hanging open.
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote