Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Owners, give your satisfaction with the V6 Performance
I am completely happy with the performance of the V6 293 90.15%
I am very disssatisfied with the performance of the V6 18 5.54%
The performance does not matter one way or the other to me 14 4.31%
Voters: 325. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #43
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
ok, I didn't vote. Easy on me now.

Your poll is biased and doesn't give people choice between V6 and SS. It only leaves people to choose what they already have and of course, majority will say they like what they have. This poll doesn't give them a chance to answer the "deep down" factor.
First thank you for not voting, Secondly they can always post their "Deep Down" feelings in the thread..
It is a poll for owners of the V6 Camaro about satisfaction with the performance of the V6, It gives them a choice to say they are happy or they are not happy with the V6. I would assume that if someone that owns a V6 Camaro is not happy with it then they would in fact, deep down prefer a V8...
As for the biased comment, I want the V6 owners only as that are truly the only ones that can judge the V6's Performance to their satisfaction. Don't you agree? How can someone with an SS judge how a V6 owner feels about his/her car?

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 06-10-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #44
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I don't own one, but I rented a V6 and did some substantial driving (highway and surface streets) for a couple days- and I have to say, it did incredibly well. Without a doubt the gutsiest V6 I've had the pleasure of putting my foot into, and delivered incredible gas mileage.

Epic win for the V6

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #45
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
First thank you for not voting, Secondly they can always post their "Deep Down" feelings in the thread..
It is a pole for owners of the V6 Camaro about satisfaction with the performance of the V6, It gives them a choice to say they are happy or they are not happy with the V6. I would assume that if someone that owns a V6 Camaro is not happy with it then they would in fact, deep down prefer a V8...
As for the biased comment, I want the V6 owners only as that are truly the only ones that can judge the V6's Performance to their satisfaction. Don't you agree? How can someone with an SS judge how a V6 owner feels about his/her car?
Thanks and fair enough. Last week, I did get a chance to finally drive a friend's V6 Camaro as I have always wanted to see what the buzz is about. Having a Supercharged SS, I had to remind myself to put my feet in a V6 owner's shoes and feel the car for what it is and surely, one can easily feel the wow factor. I felt the nice get up and go that the V6 can do but when it got going, the 3800 pounds come into play and there is much left to be desired. But 304hp is enough and more than enough for most, heavy car or not. Appearance wise, there is no debate, all 2010 Camaros look the part. Honestly though, for some if not most V6 owners, (not saying all, because there are those who truly got a V6 for practicality reasons and could have easily afforded the SS had they chosen to), if now presented a chance to trade to an SS for not much $$ penalty (or hypotheticaly at no cost), some if not most, will switch. But see, the annoyance I think comes from when V6 owners try to justify why they got the V6 then you see them posting about how to or what they have done to get more hp....that says a lot about how they really feel, doesn't it?
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #46
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
[QUOTE=ffrcobra_65;1968917]Thanks and fair enough. Last week, I did get a chance to finally drive a friend's V6 Camaro as I have always wanted to see what the buzz is about. Having a Supercharged SS, I had to remind myself to put my feet in a V6 owner's shoes and feel the car for what it is and surely, one can easily feel the wow factor. I felt the nice get up and go that the V6 can do but when it got going, the 3800 pounds come into play and there is much left to be desired. But 304hp is enough and more than enough for most, heavy car or not. Appearance wise, there is no debate, all 2010 Camaros look the part. Honestly though, for some if not most V6 owners, (not saying all, because there are those who truly got a V6 for practicality reasons and could have easily afforded the SS had they chosen to), if now presented a chance to trade to an SS for not much $$ penalty (or hypotheticaly at no cost), some if not most, will switch. But see, the annoyance I think comes from when V6 owners try to justify why they got the V6 then you see them posting about how to or what they have done to get more hp....that says a lot about how they really feel, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

Wait now, I'm very pleased with the performance with my 6. Does that mean I can't enjoy bolting on some simple mods without someone saying "look he's trying for more HP, bet he wishes he got the 8" It ain't true for me. I love seeing what I can get out of this motor. Does the V8 owner who supercharges feel the stock LS3 doesn't have the balls?

I track my car and more V6 owners are showing up and that's who I compete with. Having a blast, Thank you.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #47
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
[QUOTE=67 GTO;1968992]
Quote:
Thanks and fair enough. Last week, I did get a chance to finally drive a friend's V6 Camaro as I have always wanted to see what the buzz is about. Having a Supercharged SS, I had to remind myself to put my feet in a V6 owner's shoes and feel the car for what it is and surely, one can easily feel the wow factor. I felt the nice get up and go that the V6 can do but when it got going, the 3800 pounds come into play and there is much left to be desired. But 304hp is enough and more than enough for most, heavy car or not. Appearance wise, there is no debate, all 2010 Camaros look the part. Honestly though, for some if not most V6 owners, (not saying all, because there are those who truly got a V6 for practicality reasons and could have easily afforded the SS had they chosen to), if now presented a chance to trade to an SS for not much $$ penalty (or hypotheticaly at no cost), some if not most, will switch. But see, the annoyance I think comes from when V6 owners try to justify why they got the V6 then you see them posting about how to or what they have done to get more hp....that says a lot about how they really feel, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

Wait now, I'm very pleased with the performance with my 6. Does that mean I can't enjoy bolting on some simple mods without someone saying "look he's trying for more HP, bet he wishes he got the 8" It ain't true for me. I love seeing what I can get out of this motor. Does the V8 owner who supercharges feel the stock LS3 doesn't have the balls?

I track my car and more V6 owners are showing up and that's who I compete with. Having a blast, Thank you.
I agree, that's hardly a fair statement. I dare you to find an SS driver on C5 that hasn't at least thought about modding their car for more power...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #48
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
[QUOTE=67 GTO;1968992]
Quote:
Thanks and fair enough. Last week, I did get a chance to finally drive a friend's V6 Camaro as I have always wanted to see what the buzz is about. Having a Supercharged SS, I had to remind myself to put my feet in a V6 owner's shoes and feel the car for what it is and surely, one can easily feel the wow factor. I felt the nice get up and go that the V6 can do but when it got going, the 3800 pounds come into play and there is much left to be desired. But 304hp is enough and more than enough for most, heavy car or not. Appearance wise, there is no debate, all 2010 Camaros look the part. Honestly though, for some if not most V6 owners, (not saying all, because there are those who truly got a V6 for practicality reasons and could have easily afforded the SS had they chosen to), if now presented a chance to trade to an SS for not much $$ penalty (or hypotheticaly at no cost), some if not most, will switch. But see, the annoyance I think comes from when V6 owners try to justify why they got the V6 then you see them posting about how to or what they have done to get more hp....that says a lot about how they really feel, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

+100000000

Just because a v6 wants to mod their car and go faster, it by no means hints any reason to want a v8. none what-so-ever.

using the same logic, the v8's that mod their cars to go faster...should have bought a dodge viper, because it has more cylinders and is faster.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #49
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
I have only driven the v6 as a rental and it felt pretty zippy. Has good passing power. Can't wait to try the ss to see the difference.

Anybody driven both and can describe the difference?
Old 06-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #50
jennnchuck

Drives: 2010 yellow 2lt/rs
skyman 08 great poll. its obvious that a vast majority of us v6 owners love the power, performance, and styling of our cars. its nearly 90%. (would be higher except a few people voted who don't own one). if you bought this car to race everyone you bought the wrong car, but this engine has plenty of power and once again i am very happy with my decision to buy one. if i had wanted an ss i would have bought one. the ss cars are great but its not what i or some others wanted, or maybe could afford at the time. but the question was put out there for v6 owners and again the majority have spoken thats its a great engine. can we all at least agree we all love the new camaro regardless of what engine we got.!!!!!
jennnchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #51
jennnchuck

Drives: 2010 yellow 2lt/rs
besides when a car looks this good, drive it slow so everyone can enjoy the view.
jennnchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #52
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
I love my V6.
geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #53
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
i owned a v6 but i upgraded to the v8. dont plan on putting in a vote though. i enjoyed the v6
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #54
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
I had a big time reality check of how spoiled we are as a V6 owner the other day at a car show. I was talking to a guy who had a 91 RS camaro nice looking car btw. We started talking about the performance of the V6 motor he had and he was saying how it does something like 17.5 in the 1/4 mile and it has 140 hp/180 ft tq. The dude loved talking about it and was saying how he cant wait to chip it and get more power out of it. Imagine if he got behind the wheel of the modern camaro. Bottom line these modern V6 motors are great motors and i tell people with pride my ride is a V6.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #55
jpack

Drives: 2005 F150 for sale!!!
Quote:
ok, I didn't vote. Easy on me now.

Your poll is biased and doesn't give people choice between V6 and SS. It only leaves people to choose what they already have and of course, majority will say they like what they have. This poll doesn't give them a chance to answer the "deep down" factor.
Deep down i probably would like the V8, but truthfully I am almost getting in trouble driving the 6, I drive it almost every day so milage matters especially when our government cant get its head out of it's butt & let us drill for oil. I like the look of the front without the cheesy mail slot, though the lower SS front looks nicer. There is this view some have that it's not cool unless it's an SS, screw that...
jpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #56
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
I'm completely satisfied,

For me the V6, is everything a great car should be,
  1. Style Nuff Said
  2. Speed 155mph 1/4 14s
  3. MPG's 29 (I got doing 75mph in Cruise Control )
  4. 2LT/RS with Sunroof
  5. Ranked in the top ten for best cruise cars
  6. Award winning DI engine
I feel blessed everytime I drive it.