Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #99
Allentown
Account Suspended

Drives: 2005 Durango/2008 Versa/2011 5.0
Lets settle this like men.

What is the fastest official M5 Willow springs track time for the M5 you can find?

2011 Mustang 5.0: 90.52 (thats the first one i found..didn't look long).

The fastest one i could find for the M5 is 130.40

Ill see what you can find because more than likely you know more about where to find those times better than I.

I just want to see how they stack up to one another.....

As it stands with those two times..the M5 is a massive fail on the track. I am hoping that was just because i didn't know where to look.

Since those are real drivers and real times, they should tell the tale. (remember, non professional drivers only).
Allentown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #100
DroptopZ
I'm your huckleberry...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '88 IROC vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post
Lets settle this like men.

What is the fastest official M5 Willow springs track time for the M5 you can find?

2011 Mustang 5.0: 90.52 (thats the first one i found..didn't look long).

The fastest one i could find for the M5 is 130.40

Ill see what you can find because more than likely you know more about where to find those times better than I.

I just want to see how they stack up to one another.....

As it stands with those two times..the M5 is a massive fail on the track. I am hoping that was just because i didn't know where to look.

Since those are real drivers and real times, they should tell the tale. (remember, non professional drivers only).
I know I may be splitting hairs here and I'm not trying to defend either side, but the focus of this post was about straight-line racing. I agree that the results are probably evident on the track, where the M5 is a much larger, heavier car... but we have been talking about straight-line most of the time.

I may have missed something from earlier in the post; my apologies if I did.

DroptopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #101
Allentown
Account Suspended

Hey, he said he would be "racing" and BMW is a drivers car. (not an over priced quarter miler for rednecks right?) "Ultimate driving machine" =TRACK performance. So let's hear what it can do on its home turf.

Since he didn't reply I assume he was not able to find a time much better than 130.

To which I reply: good luck getting beat by the stang on a race track that costs 1/3rd the price and gets 35% more mpg.

Edit: the true lap time for the 2011 stang is about 127. (After more searches).

Having said that I'm still open to the possibility that he can link to something faster than that pathetic 130,.....waiting.

By the way, that 127 is faster than a Porche camen s and within .05 of a Corvette grand sport c6

Last edited by Allentown; 04-10-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #102
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Hey, he said he would be "racing" and BMW is a drivers car. (not an over priced quarter miles for rednecks right?) "Ultimate driving machine" =TRACK performance. So let's hear what it can do on its home turf.

Since he didn't reply I assume he was not able to find a time much better than 130.

To which I reply: good luck getting LAPPED by the stang every third lap on a race track that costs 1/3rd the price and gets 35% more mpg.

Don't feel bad, the front end of the m5 will look good in the stang rear view mirror at willow springs...and the rear end will look good two- three laps later when its being lapped.

Having said that I'm still open to the possibility that he can link to something faster than that pathetic 130,.....waiting.
well dude, to be honest i have driven a M and a 5.0L that has 100 more HP then yours. and i must say the bmw is more than a lap time. and who the hell cares about MPG. when your buying a V10 ...... yes the stang is the best bang for your buck. but keep in mind BMW is making a new M5 that should be better.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #103
Allentown
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
well dude, to be honest i have driven a M and a 5.0L that has 100 more HP then yours. and i must say the bmw is more than a lap time. and who the hell cares about MPG. when your buying a V10 ...... yes the stang is the best bang for your buck. but keep in mind BMW is making a new M5 that should be better.
ANSWER....when its 3 SECONDS SLOWER AROUND A TRACK: Everyone.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:29 PM   #104
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
I think you accidentally left your caps lock on.... It just makes you sound like you are screaming, it's not necessary.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #105
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Quote:
Hey, he said he would be "racing" and BMW is a drivers car. (not an over priced quarter miler for rednecks right?) "Ultimate driving machine" =TRACK performance. So let's hear what it can do on its home turf.

To which I reply: good luck getting LAPPED by the stang every third lap on a race track that costs 1/3rd the price and gets 35% more mpg.

Don't feel bad, the front end of the m5 will look good in the stang rear view mirror at willow springs...and the rear end will look good two- three laps later when its being lapped.

Are you a moron? We were talking about flat out drag racing or all out racing on a "air strip". Now that you have lost every other argument, you emerge at willow spring with more magazine facts. An M5 is a four door luxury sports car, you could probably lap it at willow springs in any 300+ horsepower coupe.

Are you that desperate to prove your M5 is shit crusade that you want to place a 2 door sports coupe against a four door sedan?

Do you even remember your point. When I think track car any four door would be last on my list, just from a weight stand point alone. If you think M5's need to run at willow to be an outstanding car..you fail at life.
It's about luxury, power, handling wrapped up in a family car shell. Pile 2 more doors ,Alcantara everywhere,multifunction seats etc etc on your rustang then race them at willow.
Your stupidity is astounding.
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #106
DroptopZ
I'm your huckleberry...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '88 IROC vert
On an old message board I frequented, if you typed in all caps it would post "My caps lock button is broken" at the bottom of your reply and change everything to small print :P

People have made some really good points in this thread, on both sides. I wouldn't turn down a set of keys to an M5 if someone gave me one, that's for sure. I just like to drive something a little less sophisticated when I want to mash the gas and hear the car grunt.

PS, I think it's expected that the Stang would be faster around a track--it's being compared to the M3 which, in my very limited knowledge should be faster (edit: than the M5, not the Stang) as it is the lighter/more nimble car... so it makes sense. It also has, what, like a 600 lb weight advantage? The M is an impressive car for what it is.

DroptopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #107
Allentown
Account Suspended

Well I mean no disrespect but I'm not suprised at the lack of support in the track argument when the SS HAS A TRACK time of 137, seven seconds slower than am m5 and 10 seconds slower than a stang. (To get more on topic of SS vs M5).

The win actually does go to m5 there.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #108
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Here's a litte something to give you nightmares at night. Your sacred gt500 getting raped, would it beat an M5 at willow? Yes.

Your comparing apples to oranges and completely off the topic of this tread.
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #109
Victoryred69

Drives: RS Victory Red/BS V6
Dude, your absolutely pathetic... if your going to sit here and say from a 3rd party stupid magazine , which 99% of the time are complete bull$hit, that your stupid mustang is the "sh*t and can pwn all n00bs" by bench racing is completely idiotic.

The M5 is a sports sedan ... a car that seats 5 and has 507HP that can eat almost many cars from 150kph +.... this is coming from a BMW M5 owner as well... 2 of them to be exact.

The car handles beautiful looks beautiful can go out with the family in and has a V10 Race motor in it revving to 8250RPM+... lets see your shartstang do that buddy. Yes the new stang can finally make it around a turn with out going through 5 barriers , sand pits and tires, but your comparing apples to oranges a 4 door sedan at over 4000lbs and a 2 door coupe around 3600lbs....

If you want to compare cars .. compare your mustang to the M3 and if i can properly remember .. the M3 gave it to the new 5.0 ... and missing around 100lbft of tq. so wen you talk get your facts straight and then come around.

p.s stop reading the brochures, there not always right.... :troll:

2010 Camaro 2LT RS M6 VR/BS
Flowmaster AMT Axle Back
Vararam Ram Air Intake
P13 Plazma Bulbs
DT Shorty Headers
Heritage Grill
Blacked-Out Taillights and Side Markers

Victoryred69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:53 PM   #110
Allentown
Account Suspended

Lol its proven to you that you car is slower and you resort to name calling.

Ps my stang has dual 8 way power heated seats and a tech system that makes the M5s look like a toy.

But you used the word "multi-function" so you get points for trying to soubd smart.

My climate controls, defrosters, phone menus, poi index, smart phone music play list, 10g June box, weather, fuel price list, movie listing, sports scores, real time sat weather radar, destination commands, are all voice activated to. That is, if I'm not watching a movie or running an obd diagnostic.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #111
Allentown
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
Here's a litte something to give you nightmares at night. Your sacred gt500 getting raped, would it beat an M5 at willow? Yes.

Your comparing apples to oranges and completely off the topic of this tread.
You ate the biggest idiot on the ENTIRE INTERNET. THOSE 07-09 SHELBYS are slow as hell. If you knew anything you would know that.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #112
Allentown
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred69 View Post
dude, your absoloutely pathetic... if your going to sit here and say from a 3rd party stupid magazine , which 99% of the time are complete bullshit, that your stupid mustang is the "sh*t and can pwn all n00bs" by bench racing is complete idiotic.

The M5 is a sports sedan ... a car that seats 5 and has 507HP that can eat almost many cars from 150kph +.... this is coming from a BMW Mi5 owner as well... 2 of them to be exact.

The car handles beautiful looks beautiful can go out with the family in and has a V10 Race motor in it revving to 8250+... lets see your shartstang do that buddy. Yes the new stang can finally make it around a turn with out going through 5 barriers , sand pits and tires, its comparing apples to oranges.

If you want to compare cars .. compare your mustang to the M3 and if i can properly remember .. the M3 gave it to the new 5.0 ... and missing around 100lbft of tq. so wen you talk get your facts straight and then come around.

p.s stop reading the brochures, there not always right.... :troll:
Wrong, those lap times are not from a car mag. They are track data listings