Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #85
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
The 348 and 409 were also used in cars.
http://www.348-409.com/
Yep, I had a '58 Chevy delivery wagon with a 348 and tripack carbs years ago.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #86
markas214

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 SIM convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredslayer View Post
I don't think it matters if you are old or young, male or female, there will always be someone jealous about what you drive or have for whatever reason. Ignore it or rifle back something good but drive away with a big smile knowing you have a cool ride.

I wish the guy that keyed my car had only insulted me. Personally I'd have laughed off the insult.
markas214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #87
Taw0193

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
BAHA! this makes me laugh. I'm 20 now, but when I bought my car I was 18. I was at the dealership just looking around and NOBODY even bothered to come out and ask if I wanted help or anything... Finally, a guy walked out and said "are you looking for somebody?" and I responded with "well, I was going to consider buying a car from this dealership but considering you all think i'm too young to buy my own car I guess I will have to take my money somewhere else." the guy looked at me and said "I'm sorry I guess we all kinda stereo type younger people as broke" Then I explained how I started my own business at 16 and just sold it and was looking to pay cash. I bet that guy never treated another younger person the way they treated me.. So, I ended up buying my 1LT RS from a much bigger dealership where they don't judge people...
Old 05-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #88
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
I had one d*** of a cop ask me "how is this car registered to your name" and I straight up told him because I flipping own it. Besides that, I haven't had an experiences like that.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #89
traildevil

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro LS
kid asked me the other day if I could even burn out with my LS 6 speed lol I laughed and said "yup"
traildevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #90
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by traildevil View Post
kid asked me the other day if I could even burn out with my LS 6 speed lol I laughed and said "yup"
haha I get that all the time, but I have a v6, and I said yeah its pretty easy, especially while turning.

But I would've done the exact same thing, except I wouldn't have said what my dad drove. And I would've said, want me to pop the hood so you can find out yourself? Or should we just go to the strip?

Being a highschooler I get jealousy and a hole comments on a daily basis. I ignore most, and respond to others with a laugh and just agree with them. But if someone trys to hurt my car in front of me, its on like donkey kong!
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:01 PM   #91
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
The only thing that bothers me is your PROFILE PICTURE! You always post cool posts but your profile picture creeps me out for some reason!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #92
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Im 41 years old and still deal with it. I usually just try not to reveal much, keep my garage a secret, let them think whatever they want to think. People will always talk though, some guys will strike up a conversation from whatever you are driving, but they really want to tell you about every single thing they have.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #93
Todd45thAnniversaryV6

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
What did you type right before that? I'm sure you got a right to defend yourself. What does that mean? you gonna use harsh words on them???
I like the blue. What annoys you more? The blue or when the mean man makes fun of your car?
Douche bag. Why do you need to be one?
Old 05-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #94
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
It's because they're jealous. When I had my 08 Sierra I had people telling me all the time man, what do you do? Must be nice. Stuff like that. Then when I got mine I had someone at work say, pfft..thought you got a nice raise or something. All you got was insurance money from that wreck.

Dern skippy. My truck was paid off and I got 17k for it when the KBB was about 14-15. I wasn't complaining. It was also a no-fault.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:52 AM   #95
scuzzbag87

Drives: 2013 red camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSloth View Post
You're*
and okay.

Heck no! I keep all my cool old clothes.
Specially Vans, they look the best when they're all messed up with holes and discolored and dirty.

Haha yea that's me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
scuzzbag87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:20 AM   #96
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
next time take your moms car...not your dads
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:43 AM   #97
markas214

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 SIM convertible
30-40 years ago this wasn't a problem. You could come out of high school and get a job at an auto plant, shipyard, oil rig, steel mill, etc and have a new car at 18. Companies made money and everyone benefitted because of strong unions making sure labor got a piece of the pie. Now the management and shareholders want the whole pie and most youg people can barely afford a beat up used car. The OP was upset by a few jerks but the reality is it is unusual to see a very young person with a new car. Not many good jobs so the assumption is a spoiled kid with rich parents.
markas214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:31 AM   #98
RSloth
[COTW- Never!]

Drives: Slothy; Sloth-like
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
The only thing that bothers me is your PROFILE PICTURE! You always post cool posts but your profile picture creeps me out for some reason!

It's my family<3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
30-40 years ago this wasn't a problem. You could come out of high school and get a job at an auto plant, shipyard, oil rig, steel mill, etc and have a new car at 18. Companies made money and everyone benefitted because of strong unions making sure labor got a piece of the pie. Now the management and shareholders want the whole pie and most youg people can barely afford a beat up used car. The OP was upset by a few jerks but the reality is it is unusual to see a very young person with a new car. Not many good jobs so the assumption is a spoiled kid with rich parents.
Don't even get my started on that first sentence
My parents gave me so much crap right out of highschool.
Me and my sisters finally had to tell them it's not like back in their day where they could casually walk into any place wearing what ever and mention working there and get hired on spot <-- both my parents said they never got turned down and always got an interview even by word of mouth either on the spot or next day..
For my hospital job I had to know people.. I couldn't just walk in there with a damn smile and my resume.. I had to go ONLINE first.