Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #785
VaderSS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrymc1 View Post
I am at hardware DB and software DB. The only bothersome issue I am having it that about half the time when I start the car it doesn't resume XM but automatically moves to the Ipod and plays that. I'm thinking that updating the software to DD might fix it but I've gone to two dealers who say that my software is up to date. They say that their equipment doesn't see or understand "DB" and "DD" they see only part numbers. Is there a GM part number for the DD software that I can give to my dealer so I can get this update applied? Thanks.
Pretty sure you can choose which mode to default to on start (ipod, xm, fm, etc). Check your manual.

Bring them the tsb and have them call for technical assistance if they are not familiar with their own equipment and current versions. DD requires a new PDIM unit.

Last edited by VaderSS; 08-29-2011 at 08:18 AM.
VaderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #786
terrymc1

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS (Inferno Orange)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSS View Post
Pretty sure you can choose which mode to default to on start (ipod, xm, fm, etc). Check your manual.

Bring them the tsb and have them call for technical assistance if they are not familiar with their own equipment and current versions. DD hardware requires a new PDIM unit.
I did bring them the TSB and they still say that there are no updates for my vehicle. I believe the DD software still uses the DB hardware, but maybe the only way to get the DD software is "pre-installed" on the newest DB hardware units. I don't know??
terrymc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #787
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSS View Post
But you're not sorry to hear about mine? lol
Honestly I don't like hearing about any of the issues any of you are having. I do know that you are working with one of our agents so I kind of have to back off you for a while. Hopefully we can get a good resolution at the end of the process for you. I'll be checking up on your case as well today to see if there is anything I can update you with. Sorry if it feels like I ignored you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #788
VaderSS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Honestly I don't like hearing about any of the issues any of you are having. I do know that you are working with one of our agents so I kind of have to back off you for a while. Hopefully we can get a good resolution at the end of the process for you. I'll be checking up on your case as well today to see if there is anything I can update you with. Sorry if it feels like I ignored you.

I'm just teasing you, Jeff (hence, the wink icon). There is nothing you or your agents can do to get my local dealership to fix the car correctly and in a timely manner. We've all tried.
VaderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:22 PM   #789
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Thanks Vader. I did know it a message made in fun but I just don't want anyone to feel ignored or forgotten. It's my job to keep you guys from getting forgotten or left behind. With that said terrymc1, you should be able to get an update on your module. If need be you could have your dealer check with our Technical team to see what can be done for you. Hopefully that helps. If not let me know and I'll do what I can for you.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #790
shiftz33

Drives: 17 SS Sedan, 04 SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
... With that said terrymc1, you should be able to get an update on your module. If need be you could have your dealer check with our Technical team to see what can be done for you. ...
I would agree, the module should be upgradeable to 'SW / DD', but I went through this exercise just last week. See post http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=762 .

The 'SW / DB' was the only software available for the 'HW / DB' PDIM (PN 20985421) that I have installed in Camaro. The shop foreman showed me the screen showing only one calibration available for my PDIM and it was the one it already had installed (which is 'SW / DB').

It seems the 'SW / DD' calibration has not made it into TIS2WEB yet.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:57 AM   #791
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
Jeff can you look into this, fortunately my appt got pushed to Friday so some time yet.

Tib
Old 08-30-2011, 08:58 AM   #792
Chevrolet Customer Svc

I will look into this. Hopefully I can get you guys a straight answer before the end of my day today.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #793
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
Mine is in the shop at Parkway Chevrolet this week supposedly to get the usb port and PDIM update, plus my seat heaters quit working. I have been having issues with digital pop and crackle from the iPod since I bought the car in 09 but havent had a chance to bring it in.

I'm down in Brazil all week so I dropped it off Friday. I havent checked up on it yet, but Friday before I left, Luis my service rep said they had to order parts for both issues.

He claimed to not see the PI or the part number I gave him from this thread so I hope he is truly resolving this for me.

Jeff, what would you need from me to follow up with Luis?

'I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood' ~ Pearl Jam Wishlist
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #794
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR View Post
Mine is in the shop at Parkway Chevrolet this week supposedly to get the usb port and PDIM update, plus my seat heaters quit working. I have been having issues with digital pop and crackle from the iPod since I bought the car in 09 but havent had a chance to bring it in.

I'm down in Brazil all week so I dropped it off Friday.
Hey Tie.....wondering where you been, to bad you didn't make it to the HTCC meeting, as I was giving out copies of ther TSB and I put a sticker on the top with the correct p/n for the pdim....hope they hook they hook you up CORRECTLY!

I had mine done last week and everything works like a champ now!! its now got the DB/DD hardware/software.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #795
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Hey Tie.....wondering where you been, to bad you didn't make it to the HTCC meeting, as I was giving out copies of ther TSB and I put a sticker on the top with the correct p/n for the pdim....hope they hook they hook you up CORRECTLY!

I had mine done last week and everything works like a champ now!! its now got the DB/DD hardware/software.
I obviously will miss this month's C&C too!

I hope they get the PDIM fixed CORRECTLY also!

The seat heaters are working properly now though! I know, why do I need seat heaters when it's 109 degrees in Houston? I'm married, that's why.

'I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood' ~ Pearl Jam Wishlist
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:28 PM   #796
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR View Post
I obviously will miss this month's C&C too!

I hope they get the PDIM fixed CORRECTLY also!

The seat heaters are working properly now though! I know, why do I need seat heaters when it's 109 degrees in Houston? I'm married, that's why.
Just remember.....BEFORE you get in your car and leave.....look at the paperwork close and VERIFY they put the CORRECT PDIM, for if they put the one in that only gets you DB/DB you will possibly have a battle on your hands as GM evidently has not released the software upgrade to DD, so you have GOT to get the 22797218 to get ALL of the upgrade, both HW/SW.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:30 PM   #797
i007spectre

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2008 HHR ECTO-2H
Received a call today that the part was in. He said he confirmed that it was 22797218. Going in Friday, hopefully my two month battle will be over. Also am I right to assume that that part number is DB/DD out of the box, no software programming required. Is it possible for them to hook it up and turn it back to DB/DB. Or should I tell them to just hook it up and leave it alone. Thanks.
3000 - 9/30
3100 - 10/27
3300 - 10/28
3400 - 10/29 TPW 11/09
3800 - 11/10
4300 - 11/24
4B00 - 11/25
4200 - 12/5
5000 - 12/7
6000 - 12/11
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #798
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
Received a call today that the part was in. He said he confirmed that it was 22797218. Going in Friday, hopefully my two month battle will be over. Also am I right to assume that that part number is DB/DD out of the box, no software programming required. Is it possible for them to hook it up and turn it back to DB/DB. Or should I tell them to just hook it up and leave it alone. Thanks.
Why would you want them to reprogram it to a previous software release? Leave it DD if that's what it is.