Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #15
Dan@showstopper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I hate to say it but I would take the SRT-8 for towing.
Dan@showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:15 AM   #16
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInMoscow View Post
I wonder if they'll be putting the 392 in the SRT8 now? That would be a nice game changer!
From what Ive been reading the SRT8 Cherokee will have the 392.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:13 AM   #17
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Since the back seat is useless in the CTS-V Wagon...I would have to consider the SRT8 Jeep.

The problem I have with Jeep is my last one was towed out of my garage 3 seperate times. When you have the Jeep Roadside assistance number WRITTEN on your garage wall next to where the car parked...you start thinking of other vehicles. It's a shame too, as I LOVE the four door Wranglers.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #18
zero

Drives: Black 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
I don't know too many people that take their brand new suv's "off road" or 4 wheeling, but 99% of them need the AWD for living in snow country. SRT-8's with snow tires kick major butt in the snow and mud. Your totally right the Wrangler is the only new vehicle that can actually go off road and do well but still need body protection and a winch and Wrangler's suck for a daily driven suv and just get turned into a hard core rig if your looking for a suv with "off road capability" like you put it. So the other 99% of owners just need a SUV that wont get stuck in the snow and not looking for a rockcrawler.
well said
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #19
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
SRT8 for me please.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:27 AM   #20
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
I don't know too many people that take their brand new suv's "off road" or 4 wheeling, but 99% of them need the AWD for living in snow country. SRT-8's with snow tires kick major butt in the snow and mud. Your totally right the Wrangler is the only new vehicle that can actually go off road and do well but still need body protection and a winch and Wrangler's suck for a daily driven suv and just get turned into a hard core rig if your looking for a suv with "off road capability" like you put it. So the other 99% of owners just need a SUV that wont get stuck in the snow and not looking for a rockcrawler.
I'm a firm believer in using a vehicle for its intended function. Drive SUV's off road, take sports cars to the track, haul stuff with pickups, etc.

And 99% of those who claim they need AWD for the snow, don't. And a lot of them of them end up in the ditch as everyone else drives on by. A 2WD car with snow tires is still better to drive in the snow in the majority of cases. No, it can't accelerate as quickly, but if the roads are shyte why in the world do you want to go fast? And sure, it might have a hard time getting out of deep snow, but there are usually workarounds for that (kitty litter, a mini-shovel, and some skill should work just about every time). In bad weather its far more important to be able to slow down and turn than it is to accelerate and AWD doesn't help in either category. The problem gets compounded when the driver has a false sense of security because they think that AWD=perfect for snow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@showstopper View Post
I hate to say it but I would take the SRT-8 for towing.
They might change it for the new one, but I believe the old GC SRT8 had its trailer hitch removed in favour of the centre mounted exhaust
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #21
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
not a fan of the wagon version, I'll take the SRT8.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #22
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
SRT8, I am spoiled by the Pattriots AWD, came in REAL handy this morning on the snow and ice covered roads I would probably rather have an overland though with the select terrain and the 5.7 Hemi as I do go offroad many times through the year (and yes the Patriot is far more capable than you think and what i thought when I got it and it is not even the FD2 offroad package).
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #23
futrocpd
P90X

Drives: 2000 SLP SS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
I would take the SRT-8. I love the CTS-V sedan and coupe but the wagon not so much. I just think wagons in general are useless and ugly. I would much rather have an SUV if I needed room to carry stuff.
i hate wagons

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
futrocpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #24
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by assasinator View Post
man, its hands down... cadillac FTW. who would choose a Jeep over a caddy?
Me, considering that Caddy is still a freaking station wagon I just don't get what people see in a station wagon. But I fully support everyone else driving them, makes all the other cars on the road look that much better
Old 12-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #25
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
SRT8.

Wagons remind me of my grandparents (in the '70s)!! I had to sit in the seats that folded up in the back, some of you know what I'm talking about!!!
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #26
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Totally the CTS-V Wagon, no questions asked! The utility of my SRX is crazy, the V Wagon would just be crazy-go-nuts on wheels!
Old 12-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #27
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Mmmmm....SRT8
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #28
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

And 99% of those who claim they need AWD for the snow, don't. Well I do because I live in snow country and the plows dont always plow my street, and installing chains at chain control freakin sucks. And a lot of them of them end up in the ditch as everyone else drives on by. A 2WD car with snow tires is still better to drive in the snow in the majority of cases. No, it can't accelerate as quickly, but if the roads are shyte why in the world do you want to go fast? And sure, it might have a hard time getting out of deep snow, but there are usually workarounds for that (kitty litter, a mini-shovel, and some skill should work just about every time). In bad weather its far more important to be able to slow down and turn than it is to accelerate and AWD doesn't help in either category. The problem gets compounded when the driver has a false sense of security because they think that AWD=perfect for snow. That sounds like the SF Bay Area flat landers with their fancy SUV's driving up to Lake Tahoe, but us locals know how to drive in the stuff and an AWD with www.greendiamondtire.com tires is just about unstoppable and as sure footed as snow chains from with thousands of diamond-hard silicium carbide granules embedded evenly throughout the tire's tread. Oh yeah, I will make sure to honk and wave at you in my AWD while you are pulled over at chain control chaining up your sweet 2wd.

They might change it for the new one, but I believe the old GC SRT8 had its trailer hitch removed in favour of the centre mounted exhaust
^ Correct on the 05-10, It looks like the 2011 has a hitch in the rear pic I posted in post #1

Last edited by BigDan; 12-16-2010 at 02:29 PM.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote