Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
csmith4153

Drives: 2011 1SS
ZL-Bee Is A Bad Seller

Bought a pair of panels from ZL-Bee and paid for them on Dec 27th from this tread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266725
I asked for tracking info on Jan 2nd, Jan 5th, Jan 6th, and again on Jan 8th. He could never supply any tracking info.
On Jan 14th I disputed this with PayPal. After 24 hours, he didnt respond to it so I went ahead and escalated it to a claim. He had to Jan 25th to repond. He didnt. I just got the email from Paypal that the case was decided in my favor and $400 was credited to my account.
I just left him a negative feedback in the iTrader rating.
Also I see his account is now suspended.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/member.php?u=67423
Old 01-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
You're not the only one.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
At least you took the right actions. I think the other two guys waited to long to get their money back.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Glad to hear that PayPal covered you. I use them when I place most of my orders.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
rodracer
2012 Camaro RS IOM

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro RS
I am a victim also , wow what a loser ... Gives a bad name to members here , but I had great transactions with other members here
rodracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #6
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Sorry to hear about the situation ya'll have had. I can tell you not all members are like that on this forum. Don't let one bad apple spoil it for you.

Glad to hear your got your $ back though, paypal is always good for that thats why I use them when doing my transactions.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #7
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
The guy had a bit of an attitude problem, too. I gave the community a heads up by letting them know that the 12 SLP ZL spoilers were for sale on Ebay and he goes PM'ing me saying it was messed up of me to do that since he wasn't able to get one right off the bat. (He ended up getting one anyway, but that's besides the point.)

The thread where he was selling those door panels wasn't too nice to see either. All in all, the guy's a chump.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
TidewaterShark
Kevin

Drives: 2010 2LT IBM
Got me to for 2 door handles. sent paypal $25 filed a dispute.
TidewaterShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Glad the Paypal aspect was pointed out, I've had people insist on me sending my money as a gift "because they didn't want to pay fee's", I'm always like, Ill pay the 3% difference, if they still insist it go by gift, I don't buy from them...Personally I include the 3% in the price of what I'm selling if I'm shipping......

I've also had people wanting to buy things from me but didn't want to go through PayPal because they "didn't believe PayPal protects the purchase" threads like this prove to the people who honestly don't believe it that PayPal does protect the buyer as well as the seller.

As a side note, be careful of people wanting to pay in other forms, such as checks, cashiers checks and money orders. Those have been openings for scams since forever.

PayPal protects the buyer as well as the seller.....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #10
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
This is why the Itrader rating system was included on the site. If someone doesn't have a good track record don't buy from them. I use paypal bc it's so easy, but I've paid using the "gift" option. Why pay a stupid fee if you don't have to. There's always a chance of something going wrong when buying anything online. If it's a big concern then buy new.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
This is why the Itrader rating system was included on the site. If someone doesn't have a good track record don't buy from them. I use paypal bc it's so easy, but I've paid using the "gift" option. Why pay a stupid fee if you don't have to. There's always a chance of something going wrong when buying anything online. If it's a big concern then buy new.
I think this thread itself points out why you would pay the small fee........If the OP and others had sent it as a gift the money would be gone....
Old 02-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #12
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Buy new and you have no worries.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #13
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
Buy new and you have no worries.
hmm there have been dealers and stores you buy new that have tanked, again purchase through PayPal to protect yourself.

Also often as in almost always, buying new costs more than 3% higher than buying used. Heck tax in most states more than doubles that. What conceivable sense would it make to buy something 50% higher new to get out of a 3% fee for something just as good but used? you would be paying 47% more for something to get out of a 3% fee..... that's just not logical and makes zero financial sense.

Say you buy something for $20 that is $40 new....through protected paypal, that item costs you $20.60 (3% of $20), where as the new item costs you $40..... I'm not a math genius but I can pretty much guess your better off paying $20.60.....

Also many items you buy from members are modified, continuously out of stock or you cant buy any more new because they have been discontinued. Some of the radio kits are an example.

A general statement of buying new to get out of the Paypal fee makes no logical or financial sense......and often is not even a viable option....