Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #435
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Why do you have to change the wastegate springs? Then install a new tune, last leaking exhaust? On a turbo car, isn't a Turbo based on exhaust? Wouldn't that be caught and fixed on install? I understand its not the Turbo installers problem with the header installed by someone else. Even so the turbo is based on exhaust so would it not make since to ensure that system is correct? Yes it is easy to sit back and arm chair quarterback. Though I think the questions are valid and not demeaning in anyway.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #436
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
Why do you have to change the wastegate springs? Then install a new tune, last leaking exhaust? On a turbo car, isn't a Turbo based on exhaust? Wouldn't that be caught and fixed on install? I understand its not the Turbo installers problem with the header installed by someone else. Even so the turbo is based on exhaust so would it not make since to ensure that system is correct? Yes it is easy to sit back and arm chair quarterback. Though I think the questions are valid and not demeaning in anyway.
Wild guess.. the clamps were back ordered, so instead of the car sitting at Tracy's waiting for the clamps, he opted to get his car back and drive the car while waiting for the clamps...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #437
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Wild guess.. the clamps were back ordered, so instead of the car sitting at Tracy's waiting for the clamps, he opted to get his car back and drive the car while waiting for the clamps...
Scrming is correct again. The clamps were back ordered from JBA and no local or even Summit Racing down the street had them any sooner than JBA.

I am running the black springs which are for 8.70psi and I want to run on 7psi's which means I have to use the yellow springs which are 7.25psi's. The reason I am doing this is because I want the wastegates to limit my boost not my boost controller just in case for safety reasons.

The exhaust does run the turbos but my leak isn't to the point where I and not make boost. It just takes longer to build up. After tomorrow I will be running good.

The first tune I got from Vince was to keep things running ok until I got my exhaust leak fixed as you can't properly tune the car as it is. My next tune will be a better one with still more logging require anyways. All you get is a base turbo tune, after that you have to log to get it running just right for your car. All cars dont run the same even if you have the same mod's.

If the car gets finished early enough I may go get it dyno'd with the mild tune I have now. Then again after I get my new tune.

And don't get it wrong it may build boost slower than it should for now. But read some of the comments 2 of my car club members with SS had to say about it after taking a ride. Boost is slow but when it hits hold on buddy!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #438
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post

And don't get it wrong it may build boost slower than it should for now. But read some of the comments 2 of my car club members with SS had to say about it after taking a ride. Boost is slow but when it hits hold on buddy!
I'm one of those two people and yup even though the car isn't 100% it still picks up hard.

One thing I mentioned to him when going for the ride was how silent the turbos are. I was expecting to hear the pppsssssshhhhh or whatever but you don't hear anything...you just feel it...especially around 3500-4000 RPM.

I'm interested to see how this car does against a stock SS. I'm sure it will beat it, but I just want to see by how much.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #439
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Thanks, I guess... the question wasn't to you and the answer from op was more of what I was looking for.

Reading your response is like your having an issue with my question. If so you can always PM me and let me know.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #440
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
scrmng is 100% correct. Cant See Me was already booked on a flight down to pick up the car and the clamps we got were one size larger than needed. NO local source for them adn we did not want to delay the customer.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #441
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Scrming is correct again. The clamps were back ordered from JBA and no local or even Summit Racing down the street had them any sooner than JBA.

I am running the black springs which are for 8.70psi and I want to run on 7psi's which means I have to use the yellow springs which are 7.25psi's. The reason I am doing this is because I want the wastegates to limit my boost not my boost controller just in case for safety reasons.

The exhaust does run the turbos but my leak isn't to the point where I and not make boost. It just takes longer to build up. After tomorrow I will be running good.

The first tune I got from Vince was to keep things running ok until I got my exhaust leak fixed as you can't properly tune the car as it is. My next tune will be a better one with still more logging require anyways. All you get is a base turbo tune, after that you have to log to get it running just right for your car. All cars dont run the same even if you have the same mod's.

If the car gets finished early enough I may go get it dyno'd with the mild tune I have now. Then again after I get my new tune.

I do think your car is very nice. I also know how fast a turbo V6 can be. No doubt even with exhaust leak it is still a very competitive car. I don't read or re-read every post so my question was based on your last few posts. My apologies if I came off rude.
It is your car and it is your decision to pick it up when you want to. For me I would of been some what scared being a novice with turbos and electronic tunes.
As far as dynos, as most know it is only a measuring tool. If you have the money it would be nice to know before and after. Though that is only if you want to know. As far as 1/4 mile goes that is when your ready. I am interested in the 1/4 mile time as is everyone else. I can also wait for that.
Thinking about the 1/4 mile do you have a helmet to match your car?

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #442
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
scrmng is 100% correct. Cant See Me was already booked on a flight down to pick up the car and the clamps we got were one size larger than needed. NO local source for them adn we did not want to delay the customer.
Understood, things happen and if you both were fine with it then that's what matters. I may of missed the post, and I do apologize for that.

Cant wait to see what the new clamps and tune can do for his car.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #443
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
I do think your car is very nice. I also know how fast a turbo V6 can be. No doubt even with exhaust leak it is still a very competitive car. I don't read or re-read every post so my question was based on your last few posts. My apologies if I came off rude.
It is your car and it is your decision to pick it up when you want to. For me I would of been some what scared being a novice with turbos and electronic tunes.
As far as dynos, as most know it is only a measuring tool. If you have the money it would be nice to know before and after. Though that is only if you want to know. As far as 1/4 mile goes that is when your ready. I am interested in the 1/4 mile time as is everyone else. I can also wait for that.
Thinking about the 1/4 mile do you have a helmet to match your car?

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
It's cool...I found a dyno that charges $50 for 3 pulls so it's affordable compared to the majority out there. I'm waiting to hit the track next Friday with the club. But dyno number wil be posted before then!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #444
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

My baby getting the leaks fixed!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #445
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Dyno time!!! With a mild tune. Say tune for the number!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #446
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
OOOOOHHH!!!!!!!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #447
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Vids if possible please!

Click Picture for Build Thread