Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-05-2006, 09:00 AM   #1
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Unveiling Camaro at 2007 Detroit Auto Show?

Any rumours as to anything related to Camaro that might be unveiled at the upcoming Detroit auto show? Just wondering. If they are testing out prototypes right now in Australia, maybe they can bring something like that to the show? Or like what DCX did at the SEMA show pulling out a Super Stock Challenger? Just wondering. Maybe they'll shock everybody and unveil the production version.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:57 AM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I doubt we'll see a production version. :(

One thought, maybe the 'vert?

Other possibilities: the rumored 'Blue Devil' 'Vette(or whatever it ends up being called), a new SS Impala (which is to be built on the same platform as the Camaro, w/ RWD V8).

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:09 AM   #3
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Yeah, it has been unofficially confirmed that a convertible will be shown at the NAIAS
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #4
rray200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I doubt we'll see a production version. :(

One thought, maybe the 'vert?

Other possibilities: the rumored 'Blue Devil' 'Vette(or whatever it ends up being called), a new SS Impala (which is to be built on the same platform as the Camaro, w/ RWD V8).

Ed
I've heard that the new RWD Impala will definitely be unveiled at the '07 show.

But I read on another message board that there will be two things Camaro unveiled at this autoshow. A convertible is a possibility. What is the other?
Old 12-05-2006, 10:41 AM   #5
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Man I can't wait to see the Camaro conv. and the new Corvette this will be awsome.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:01 AM   #6
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post

But I read on another message board that there will be two things Camaro unveiled at this autoshow. A convertible is a possibility. What is the other?

As far as anything "Camaro related", maybe the 'vert, but anything else 'Camaro', I think GM will hold onto that a while yet. What you read on message boards, re; "two things Camaro", some of it is just speculation.

Ed
Old 12-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #7
rray200

Quote:
As far as anything "Camaro related", maybe the 'vert, but anything else 'Camaro', I think GM will hold onto that a while yet. What you read on message boards, re; "two things Camaro", some of it is just speculation.

Ed
True. Like the rest of us, I'm overrun with anticipation for this thing to come out. However, I have read on another message board that ALCOA wheel manufacturing has already received an order from GM for 450,000 Camaro rims to be built ASAP. Combine that, with the protype testing going on now in Australia, seems like its moving very fast. They are definitely fast tracking the car as much as possible.

On the contrary, we hear absolutely nothing about prototype testing and contracts for the Dodge Challenger, and they are scheduled to go into production next year with an early 2008 release to dealers. Seems like the Camaro is progressing alot faster. Strange.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post

Quote:
Ed
HEY!!! :eek: Moose?!?! This wasn't speculation. This was straight from the horses mouth! I also heard the Impala would be there along w/ a few other new GM rides. Personally, I wasn't paying too much attention to those topics. I was recording everything in my brain Camaro that night.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I would NOT rule out the possibility of seeing this vehicle on showroom floors in 4th quarter 08. As far as this ^ news, this is GREAT! You know what this means, right? This means we will be seeing spy shots of the Camaro shorty in the near future. I was told we would be seeing two things Camaro at the Jan 07 Detroit Auto Show. I was not told "what". I was just told "two things Camaro". Who knows, maybe we'll see something like a convertible and maybe it'll be a "finished" product. Jan is just around the corner!!
I'm not getting on you Moose. You know I'm playin.

As far as what those two things were, I couldn't get the info. Just "two things Camaro". It could be a vert w/ an old 67/8/9 vert to go along side it. It could be a proposed production model of a vert and a coupe. I really have no clue...just two things Camaro.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #9
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
HEY!!! :eek: Moose?!?! This wasn't speculation. This was straight from the horses mouth! I also heard the Impala would be there along w/ a few other new GM rides. Personally, I wasn't paying too much attention to those topics. I was recording everything in my brain Camaro that night.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368

I'm not getting on you Moose. You know I'm playin.

As far as what those two things were, I couldn't get the info. Just "two things Camaro". It could be a vert w/ an old 67/8/9 vert to go along side it. It could be a proposed production model of a vert and a coupe. I really have no clue...just two things Camaro.
Sorry Tag. That's what happens when I don't read a thread thoroughly. :o

Ed
Old 12-05-2006, 09:37 PM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Hey, I thought it was kinda funny. I was like...WHAT THE?! But, that's how it goes. Everything, or just about 97% of everything, is just that...speculation. So, yeah. You're right. We know of so far 5 or 6 things that are going to change, when they'd like to release it, and for sure "two things Camaro" in Jan. according to Scott. If two things Camaro don't come out at the show, it's because the preset schedule has changed.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:12 AM   #11
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
idk but I hope they don't change much I reall like the car the way it is.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:02 PM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Agreed. I don't like the side mirrors and the dash needs to change a bit. Other than that, keep it the same.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:53 AM   #13
MarkLS2
Administrator

Drives: 2009 Camaro
I think the camaro production car "unveiling" will sort of happen in the next few weeks when prototypes of the production car hit the roads, depending on how much camoflague is put on the car (is any camo really needed at this point.....!) We will be able to see what the production car will look like and what elements were changed...
MarkLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:27 AM   #14
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLS2 View Post
I think the camaro production car "unveiling" will sort of happen in the next few weeks when prototypes of the production car hit the roads, depending on how much camoflague is put on the car (is any camo really needed at this point.....!) We will be able to see what the production car will look like and what elements were changed...
I don't see any camaro bodies driving around 'down under' anytime soon, I see Zeta chassis and powertrains running the streets of Australia under cover of other Holden models
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote