Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-04-2007, 02:40 AM   #1
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Pricing Speculation of the 5th gen - (not actual)

Ive read thru the previous threads about what people "would" pay and possible prices (from 2 years ago). Im just wondering if anyone has heard of any actual prices of the new Camaro. Im asking cus im debating on how much I should put for a down payment.

I honestly wish that they would have released it in 2006 as a 40th ann. 2007 model instead of building the hype of it up for 6 damn years. This is one of the main reasons why ford is beating gm. (tho I dont agree with their methods) ford offers a mustang for everyone, from 16 yr old school girls to muscle car enthusiasts to the old man who remembers his dads mustang.

Im in the military and im going to college in the fall for the next 2 years till I separate before I go on to my masters program. If I dont buy a camaro when they come out, I wont be able to get my hands on one till 2013.
Im 22 and I make good money as it is, if I could get a base model v-8 for $35000 or less, I could pay it off in 2 years. Im looking at putting $12-20k as a down payment when they come out.

anyway, has anyone heard any SOLID price reports? if so, what prices for what models?
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:33 AM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
None. At all.
Sorry, all I've heard, though, that GM is pricing it to be appealing to the younger genertion. Of course that could mean that there will be cheap V6's.....
They also have said that they will be pricing it to be competitive with the mustang.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #3
Warghost

Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I've never liked the fact that there are so many different Mustangs available. I don't like pulling up next to an elderly lady driving a Mustang because it makes my car seem less "badass". Granted,I have a GT and the old people I have seen in Stangs usually have the 6-cylinder models, but I still think it steals away some of the glamour of these cars.

If you want to own a mean hot rod, the reason you choose these cars is because of their heritage. I think that having slow and weak versions of these cars takes some of that away. Yes, the first models of these cars had lower HP than what's available nowadays, but for their day they were faster than everything else.

I also think this is why GM has refused to make a watered-down, slower version of the Corvette. People would flip out because the image of the Vette being a speed machine would be tarnished...even though they would sell huge numbers of that car with a V6 option.

Just my 2 cents.
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Vp's at Ford and GM will tell you that what they do is a "business". They build and sell cars so they have to make watered-down versions, (i.e. v6 models). Mainly to sell cars but also so that people can afford the insurance and for fuel economy reasons. A lot of people couldn't afford it otherwise.

But I think that if you're going to make a v6, take some cues from the Japanese and make them AWD and or slap 9 turbos on that little engine. Seems like a waste of a car if they don't.

No offense ladies, but a lot of women prefer the v6 cars because most women just want the cool look of a sports car without paying a lot at the pump. And... (not all) but a lot of women won't try and waste you at the light.

As far as prices... I believe it's between $20,000 and nothing over $40,000.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #5
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Its been posted by people at GM in the know (Scott Settlemire) that prices are the last thing to be set on a production model. But with that being said its supposed to compete with the mustang in both price and options.. so look at a v6 in the low 20's(base mustang price), a v8 in the mid/high 20's(base GT price) and a high power v8 in the low 40's(GT500 MSRP price). Thats the best bet anyone will have until probably mid 2008.
The_Stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #6
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Its been posted by people at GM in the know (Scott Settlemire) that prices are the last thing to be set on a production model. But with that being said its supposed to compete with the mustang in both price and options.. so look at a v6 in the low 20's(base mustang price), a v8 in the mid/high 20's(base GT price) and a high power v8 in the low 40's(GT500 MSRP price). Thats the best bet anyone will have until probably mid 2008.
GT500 DOSEN'T COUNT!!!

It's in a class all it's own....sorry fo the outburst.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:41 AM   #7
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
They build and sell cars

correction. Ford doesnt build cars, they only sell them. they pay people like roush, shelby, and saleen to Build thier cars. Thats one of the reasons why I will always choose GM/Chevy over ford. chevy comes out with power spouting cars from the get-go. worst comes to worst, do a quick tune and add 20 hp!

Fords flagship is the Mustang.
Chevy's is the Corvette.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut,
ford doesnt make a production car that can compete to chevy's #1 car. thats why they fight with the Camaro, (#2 in the Chevy runnings, #1 in my heart).
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:13 AM   #8
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
correction. Ford doesnt build cars, they only sell them. they pay people like roush, shelby, and saleen to Build thier cars. Thats one of the reasons why I will always choose GM/Chevy over ford. chevy comes out with power spouting cars from the get-go. worst comes to worst, do a quick tune and add 20 hp!

Fords flagship is the Mustang.
Chevy's is the Corvette.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut,
ford doesnt make a production car that can compete to chevy's #1 car. thats why they fight with the Camaro, (#2 in the Chevy runnings, #1 in my heart).
It sucks to say, but it's true. Ford had the GT supercar, but hell that only had a limited run and was well over $100K.

As for the GT500, I won't consider it a real contender for anything unless it starts selling for MSRP. Until then it is a waste of a car.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:37 AM   #9
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Sorry if you don't think the gt500 isn't a real contender.. but if you think you won't see a high power camaro to compete with it with a similar price tag (MSRP) then be prepared to be surprised..
Old 06-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #10
Mr. Wyndham

Not saying that...but GT500 is special edition, limited production. So I don't count it in the price guestimates....that's all. Same with a competing Camaro - doesn't count.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #11
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

It may be a special limited edition but its what the general public acknowledges as the top dog mustang.. For GM to NOT put out a limited special edition to compete with its hp numbers is prescription for marketing disaster.. now I'm not basing the base v8 pricing off of it.. just the *super performance limited special edition*..

I guess what im trying to say is..

Regular production:
You will have a v6 camaro around the mustangs base v6 price range.
You will have a v8 camaro around the mustang gt v8 price range.

Special editions/ limited production #s
You will have a high power v8 camaro around the GT500 price range.

Regardless of what either of us fail to recognize as the truth, its really all just pulling theories out of thin air. What I tell people to realistically assume is that if you can afford a mustang with the options you want (engine/trans/vert/coupe/special edition etc..) then you will be able to afford the camaro with the same options.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:18 PM   #12
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
What I am saying is that I am really bothered by the fact that people are still paying $15K+ in dealer markups for a car that MSRPs in the low $40K range.

$42K for a 500hp car is a phenominal value.....$65K+ for 500hp car that weighs two tons not so much.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #13
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Oh... I am not debating value.. the GT500 is not worth what people are paying.. its worth its msrp and not a penny more, but people see Barret Jackson Shelby's going for outrageous amounts and then assume in 30 years the same thing will happen again just because of a name.. while Ford dealers/Shelby grin all the way to the bank.

Its another reason why I can't wait for the camaro.. so that there is a "street" competitor for the GT500 and infinitely better valued at close to the same msrp and the Shelby's start to sit on the lot and devalue.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #14
Mr. Wyndham

True true, and true