Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-22-2016, 08:21 AM   #29
Niceun

Drives: 2012 45th edition RS 2LT
Misterxman, I also had that same error on my 2012 LFX. I have zero mods on my camaro. My issue occurred when I over revved then did a paddle down shift and slowed to a stop in my driveway. While sitting in the driveway the error came up on the screen. I ended up getting a buddy to clear the code, after that I have not had any problems.
PS: my code was a fuel pressure monitor sensor. So basically my car fixed itself. Good luck man hope it works out good for you.
Niceun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:10 AM   #30
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
OP, if you had stated that you had a VTC, that would have been one of the first things for you to check out.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:43 AM   #31
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Misterxman, thank- you for posting the updates... often people will post a PROBLEM, and then we never hear another word about what the actual diagnosis was, or what actual solution/ fix was. Your follow up posts are appreciated, as we can ALL benefit from the knowledge, and when/ if it happens to somebody else, we have some good ideas on where to find the culprit.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 01:30 PM   #32
Misterxman

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS RRM
Thanks Scalded Dog, I know what you mean, I wanted to post what I found because I am sure others have or will have the same problem. I hope that was the case and it is a done deal.

Rangar, To tell you the truth I did not think that would have been the problem seeing how I had the VTC for quite awhile and that might have come up in others comments to check. Too many things going on I guess for me to put my finger on that. Thanks

CAI Intake, Spoiler Kings Z/28 Spoiler, VTC,
Misterxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 05:36 PM   #33
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxman View Post
Thanks Scalded Dog, I know what you mean, I wanted to post what I found because I am sure others have or will have the same problem. I hope that was the case and it is a done deal.

Rangar, To tell you the truth I did not think that would have been the problem seeing how I had the VTC for quite awhile and that might have come up in others comments to check. Too many things going on I guess for me to put my finger on that. Thanks
That VTC is strange sometimes. Some people only have issues after they have had it for a while. Now that you have it removed, keep us updated.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:41 PM   #34
Misterxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
That VTC is strange sometimes. Some people only have issues after they have had it for a while. Now that you have it removed, keep us updated.
I did not remove the VTC I did a reset. I hope that fixes it. I will post if it does not....fingers crossed.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:07 AM   #35
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
I just put my VTC instruction sheet in the car :-)))
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:02 PM   #36
Misterxman

Good idea, I just checked their web site and it had the install directions there. Just keep a 10mm wrench/socket to disconnect the battery! Everything is working AOK so far so I guess that was my problem.

Old 04-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #37
Dimitrim
Dimitri

Drives: 68 GTO 455 Ram Air; 2014 Camaro ZL1
Disconnecting the battery will not erase the error messages in the computer. I had the same thing happen to me under warranty. The dealer replaced my throttle body. No more error messages.
Dimitrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:52 PM   #38
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
OP, if you had stated that you had a VTC, that would have been one of the first things for you to check out.
Yup I think anyone who has a problem with their car should note they have VTC as it causes a lot of error messages...
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote