Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
ronss

Drives: 2SS CGM/GRND FX/STRIPES/CAI, manual
Motor trend rates drivers car including zl1

Zl1 comes in at 6th out of 9 just ahead of mustang, they say interior is cheap, and don't like the plus 2 ton weight either..

Last edited by ronss; 09-30-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Add
ronss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
I don't get the constant harping on the "cheap" appearance of the ZL1 interior. I mean its not a Ferrari but I actually like it and I'm not easy to please. I owned a '10 GT500 and I think the ZL1 interior is far nicer..
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
ronss

Drives: 2SS CGM/GRND FX/STRIPES/CAI, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1bro View Post
I don't get the constant harping on the "cheap" appearance of the ZL1 interior. I mean its not a Ferrari but I actually like it and I'm not easy to please. I owned a '10 GT500 and I think the ZL1 interior is far nicer..
There you go,screw them if u like it
ronss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
Rubble2240

Drives: 13 BRM ZL1
Agreed...my buddy has a 911 Carrera S and he was in my car for the first time yesterday. He was impressed with the interior and the room. Nothing wrong with this interior at all.
Rubble2240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
Kmax

Drives: 2012 ZL1 125HP kit , EIBACH springs
Who really cares what Motor Trash thinks. Typically it's just two peoples opinions and we all know what opinions are like.
Kmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Did you guys hear about Florida? I think there's gonna be a recount. Man, this election is crazy..
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #7
SuperCarEnthusiast

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubble2240 View Post
Agreed...my buddy has a 911 Carrera S and he was in my car for the first time yesterday. He was impressed with the interior and the room. Nothing wrong with this interior at all.
Glad he said that! He told the truth for once in his life! LOL!
SuperCarEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:33 AM   #8
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmax View Post
Who really cares what Motor Trash thinks. Typically it's just two peoples opinions and we all know what opinions are like.
The annual Best Drivers Car issue is far more intense than just two people's opinions. Very extensive testing of each vehicle for over a week on the track, roads, strip, freeways. Get the issue and read it. This is one review that is done properly, probably the best review of any mag.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:15 AM   #9
Kmax

Drives: 2012 ZL1 125HP kit , EIBACH springs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69NMYSS View Post
The annual Best Drivers Car issue is far more intense than just two people's opinions. Very extensive testing of each vehicle for over a week on the track, roads, strip, freeways. Get the issue and read it. This is one review that is done properly, probably the best review of any mag.
It's still someones opinion. Especially when it comes to visual. You can have a half a dozen people testing and get a half dozen different views. To each there own.
Kmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:48 AM   #10
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmax View Post
It's still someones opinion. Especially when it comes to visual. You can have a half a dozen people testing and get a half dozen different views. To each there own.
Liking the interior is personal preference. Some like it, some don't. It's an opinion not a fact.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #11
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
The magazines are always going to judge the car interiors of US Domestics harshly. I am so sick of complaints about things like the quality of the plastic that I want to sentence every single reviewer to one year of driving 1950's cars that had no dashboard padding at all (just painted sheetmetal with a little bright trim).

There really is no need for that sort of bias to wiggle its way into a comparison of Drivers Cars except to the extent that the seats or controls might be uncomfortable or poorly positioned for . . . ummm, driving (geez, what a concept!).

When the topic is driving, as the title of that MT article claims, any perceived quality of the interior should not even be crossing your mind. Nor should it even in your normal daily driving. There's plenty of opportunity for being concerned about that sort of thing when you're detailing or showing the car, and MT and the rest should feel free to write up a separate review of these cars as objects d'art if it means that much to them.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #12
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
It's interesting that the #2 ranked car, the Merc AMG, achieves nearly identical stats on all the instrumented tests compared to the ZL1 and weighs almost exactly the same yet it comes out in the #2 slot while the ZL1 is #6. And btw, it costs twice what the ZL1 costs. In my subjective opinion it also looks like s**t... But what a rich interior is has... LOL
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote