Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-25-2014, 06:58 AM   #1
juandavr

Drives: BMW M235i
So it's happening again...strong vibration during braking

Hi guys.

As some of you may remember, several months ago i Had a problem when braking from high speeds (say about 60mph), basically was a strong vibration and due to that all my rotors were changed under warranty and It was solved...not.

Lately It appeared again strong vibration BUT this time it came with a high pitch noise when accelerating AND (this is what i'm worried about) an intermitent braking, you can feel that the car brakes for ons second, let go, then start braking again, all this until the car stops.

Any guess about it? I am worried that it might be the ABS the one causing the problem, because as I said my rotors are new and pads were changed 4000km ago. I'll take the car to the dealer tomorrow

Please help! And thank you!
juandavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:14 AM   #2
jeremywes

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
If your rotors aren't warped then could possibly be StabiliTrak. Dealer should be able to see ST in ecu log
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #3
Ret Fuzz
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro
warped rotors for sure.
Ret Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:55 AM   #4
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
To me, this sounds like either an electronic thing (stabilitrak or ABS) or a problem with your brake fluid.

Air in the brake lines? How are your brake fluid levels? You may have a small hole in a brake line.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #5
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Describe the problem again please..
Are you decribing very hard braking from a high rate of speed and the the car kind of vibrates violently during deceleration? That could just be the way the ABS feels..

Or are you describing something different?
Old 03-25-2014, 10:50 AM   #6
juandavr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Describe the problem again please..
Are you decribing very hard braking from a high rate of speed and the the car kind of vibrates violently during deceleration? That could just be the way the ABS feels..

Or are you describing something different?
Kind of, sorry about the lack of information. It's basically: strong vibration when deccelerating from high speeds, intermitent braking (1 second braking, 1 not, 1 braking, 1not etc) from all speeds all the way down until the car stops, and high pitch squealing noise when accelerating from a standing point.

I think (im not sure) that the vibration might be caused by the intermitent braking, such braking at high speeds may feel that way.

Thank you all
Old 03-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #7
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Buddy had a similar problem. Something was bent in suspension and it freaked out his abs...went through a long ordeal to figure that out.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:04 AM   #8
juandavr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
To me, this sounds like either an electronic thing (stabilitrak or ABS) or a problem with your brake fluid.

Air in the brake lines? How are your brake fluid levels? You may have a small hole in a brake line.
Last time I checked them were good (last saturday) and there was no sign if leaks in the garage floor, will check again later and will also check the lines. I will tell you if i find anything.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:59 PM   #9
Colt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS Victory Red
I've read somewhere about the v6 brakes having similar problems before, and I think it turned out to be the rotors. I'll see if I can find the thread.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #10
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
the on/off on/off ... sounds like ABS engaging. You can test this any time by braking hard when it's wet. If you are braking hard at any time, ABS can/should be engaging to prevent wheel lockups.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:50 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by juandavr View Post
Hi guys.

As some of you may remember, several months ago i Had a problem when braking from high speeds (say about 60mph), basically was a strong vibration and due to that all my rotors were changed under warranty and It was solved...not.

Lately It appeared again strong vibration BUT this time it came with a high pitch noise when accelerating AND (this is what i'm worried about) an intermitent braking, you can feel that the car brakes for ons second, let go, then start braking again, all this until the car stops.

Any guess about it? I am worried that it might be the ABS the one causing the problem, because as I said my rotors are new and pads were changed 4000km ago. I'll take the car to the dealer tomorrow

Please help! And thank you!
Oh no juandavr!

I apologize for the vibration concerns you're experiencing and definitely understand the displeasure. By all means, please feel free to message us privately if you'd like to proceed with possible assistance, or to discuss this situation further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:15 PM   #12
juandavr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Oh no juandavr!

I apologize for the vibration concerns you're experiencing and definitely understand the displeasure. By all means, please feel free to message us privately if you'd like to proceed with possible assistance, or to discuss this situation further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thank you so much guys for your support, it says a lot about how much you care about your customer, Altough I dont know if you can help me because I live in Colombia. Ill be in contact with you if anything shows up
Old 03-25-2014, 11:23 PM   #13
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Oh no juandavr!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
no offence but all you do is kindly tell someone to basically "take it to the dealer" 4 thousand postings of " were sorry and apologize and understand yadda yadda yadda"

cant you guys get a out of work tech on this forum lol....hey its ok i understand
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:18 PM   #14
juandavr

Hi guys, took it to the dealer, same diagnostic as before, waarped rotors, the rotors will arrive by monday and will be replaced under warranty