Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-14-2008, 12:02 AM   #1
LDiablo
Z27 Enthusiast

Drives: 2007 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
Can you wait for the top versions/models?

Some points followed by a question:
-- General consensus in other threads is there will be AT LEAST two motor options (maybe more), but at least a V6 and a V8

-- GM is good at stringing out the good stuff (Solstice/Sky came out and then later came the GXP/Redline hi-po versions); hardtop Camaro in year one, convertible in year two

So with so many of us rabid fans looking forward to the day we can put our money down on a new Camaro, how many can actually wait until the *really* good ones come out to sign the papers?

I bought myself a new Silverado last fall because I finally realized it's going to seem an eternity before the better Camaros come out. Lets me start inching up my payments in preparation for high-end Camaro. (I was after all paying on a Saturn before this) For one thing, and the spy photos really bring this home, especially the one from Florida next to the Challenger, it's got a really low roof. I've got to have a convertible just so I don't get claustrophobic in there. LOL

Seriously - will you wait for the performance or just get the first one you can, even if it's a V6 hardtop? (I think it would be funny if they revived the Berlinetta package).
LDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:09 AM   #2
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDiablo View Post
Some points followed by a question:
-- General consensus in other threads is there will be AT LEAST two motor options (maybe more), but at least a V6 and a V8

-- GM is good at stringing out the good stuff (Solstice/Sky came out and then later came the GXP/Redline hi-po versions); hardtop Camaro in year one, convertible in year two

So with so many of us rabid fans looking forward to the day we can put our money down on a new Camaro, how many can actually wait until the *really* good ones come out to sign the papers?

I bought myself a new Silverado last fall because I finally realized it's going to seem an eternity before the better Camaros come out. For one thing, and the spy photos really bring this home, especially the one from Florida next to the Challenger, it's going to be a very low car. I've got to have a convertible just so I don't get claustrophobic in there. LOL

Seriously - will you wait for the performance or just get the first one you can, even if it's a V6? (I think it would be funny if they revived the Berlinetta package).
I will wait, at least 6 months, just in case they anounce a limited production ss/rs/z28's...Im ok waiting up to a year or two to get exactly what I want.

I want a SS/RS or SS/Z28...Im sure you know what I mean!
Old 03-14-2008, 12:26 AM   #3
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
IDK how long i would wait. if there is 400+hp ill jump on it. Noodles, would you agree or are you waiting for the name like ss?
Old 03-14-2008, 12:27 AM   #4
blindingillusion

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt 2LT
see, I can't wait. I have been waiting and saving to buy a car for 4 years.. and then the announce this. I am tired of driving my peice of shit monte. As long as it is a decent 8 cylinder then I am getting it. I am a wrench head, and if I want a S/C or LTH, or anything like that I can do it myself. Just give me a good 8 to work with and some good options to start.
-Hurst Short Throw Shifter
-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre
blindingillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:30 AM   #5
Emu the Foo

how much you has saved blind???
Old 03-14-2008, 12:58 AM   #6
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I'm waiting for a couple years anyway (get a couple years student loan payments, a little savings, and maybe a raise or two in under my belt before buying) so hopefully by then they'll have plenty of options out and I'll be able to afford the one I want. I know patience will pay off big, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't tempting to get one right away.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:51 AM   #7
Italianwhiplash

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger r/t
Eh depends on the whats in the launch cars. if ls3 ill be happy and if it says ss and in yellow ill be happy
Italianwhiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:52 AM   #8
blindingillusion

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
how much you has saved blind???
Round about 10K. With my new job in may I can probably save up to about 10K more before release. Though I may just drop the first 10K on a good winter vehicle that I can put liability insurance on. Then between the Camaro and my Honda Shadow I am covered for the warm weather.
-Hurst Short Throw Shifter
-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre
blindingillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:53 AM   #9
Emu the Foo

lol, your funny
Old 03-14-2008, 03:00 AM   #10
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'm getting the vert anyways, so I'll be able to see what's going on with the trims before I buy mine and will be able to make a my decision.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:06 AM   #11
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
IDK how long i would wait. if there is 400+hp ill jump on it. Noodles, would you agree or are you waiting for the name like ss?
Ya...In my personal opinion SS carries the most weight, then Z28 & RS follows.

I'd love to own (and will) a SS/RS or SS/Z28 which ever version offers AWD as an option.

I know a lot of people think AWD on a Camaro is blasphemy, but I live in the Seattle area and want to drive it year round! (Which I can regardless if it has AWD or not) but I want to enjoy the 8v power without wrapping it around a tree.

Some say I might be crazy, but truly I believe an AWD or a Traction Control system will be an option under one of the Badges. You’re probably wondering why I think this; well I’ll list a few of them.

1. I’m physic (plus a little birdie hinted at this possibility in a privet message to me, but would not elaborate due to the threat of )

2. GM plans on selling the Camaro in Europe which has very inclement weather (like most of North America) So for all of you who live in the Sun belt...bite me! (Need a smiley for that)

3. The Camaro has been designed on a clean sheet of paper, which means new Ideas and endless possibilities.

4. We’ve been told (by someone in the know) to forget everything we know about the current power plants…and we all know (and if you don’t) GM has numerous V8 power plants that will accommodate a AWD or TC system.

5. So in conclusion...GM wants (and needs to) to sell ton’s of these awesome vehicles (and they will) Id say it’s well within their plan for world domination to offer a AWD or TC System.

I maybe way off base…but let me dream.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:08 AM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
already having to wait...so it's no biggie for me. But, in a way I"m glad I have to wait....it will give time for the monster to come out.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:48 AM   #13
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Already have to wait a few years because I really don't think I will be able to afford it for a few years any way. Goal is to have one in at least a little over four years though since that's when my brother graduates our equivelant of High School and there's a tradition in Sweden of driving the graduate hom/around town in American cars, and what better car then the Camaro?

Last edited by Emher; 03-14-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:58 AM   #14
CedarHillCamaro

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS 2010 Camaro(12/09!!)
I am going to wait, I have waited this long what's another few months.