Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #15
semdycadlac

Drives: 02, 03, 05 GMC 2500HD Duramax
I have a good one. I took my camaro on a 8 week roadtrip across the country ( 28 states, 15 national parks, 13,600 miles ) about 4 weeks in I am staying in a camp site in Sequoia National park and I was carfull not to park under the smaller trees ( tree sap) but I didn't think about the big trees untill a pine cone fell out of a 180' fir tree and hit my trunk lid. The entire camp ground was silent after I screamed a few F bombs. the only dent on the entire trip
semdycadlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #16
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
Finally happened to us yesterday, sort of.

We were driving down the highway, on our way to the window tint shop that we have decided we want to seriosly consider, we just need to go back and talk to the guy. I am driving ( it IS my wife's car ), and I am trying to pass a truck that is from the local short haul company ( gravel, tomatoes, corn, whatever.. ), and I can hear stuff starting to hit the car so I punch it to get around quickly.... I just don't get around quick enough. Like it was happening in slow motion we see a rock headed for the windshield and it hits dead center and sort of low. AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH !!!!!

After freaking out we really look at the windshield and realize that we really can't see anything except this extremely tiny speck, so we really got lucky. My wife was on the phone with our insurance company two minutes later and they will have someone out to fix it tomorrow at no charge. It could have been so much worse and no real damage to the car. I dread the day that we have to deal with that, I know it's going to happen, it's a car, and we drive it, it's just a matter of time....

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #17
Jim Thompson
Thornton Chevrolet

Drives: Golf Cart
gotta hate a door ding!
Jim Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #18
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
The day I picked up my car I was headed home and we stopped by a gas station to get a bottled drink..

I go to open the door and BAMM..

The car beside me was just far enough away that it scratched the paint off the crease on the door..

People do not lie the door just flings open it doesnt have the half way catch it just goes open

Have had the car for over a month and have yet to get it fixed lol..

Its not that noticeable unless you get right up on it.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #19
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2015i Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
Mine was deliverd with one
Attached Images

Current:2015i Cadilac Escalade,2016 Lexus RC350,2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned & loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09
Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
[SIGPIC]
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #20
nlp187

Drives: Vw GTI soon 1ss!
Quote:
Originally Posted by third1 View Post
Mine was deliverd with one
I wouldnt have taken it off the lot without it being fixed!
nlp187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #21
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Whats a Camaro without battle scars??? Seriously, those are badges of pride wear them accordingly. The Camaro wasn't meant for the trailer, it was made for the road.
mrcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #22
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by semdycadlac View Post
I have a good one. I took my camaro on a 8 week roadtrip across the country ( 28 states, 15 national parks, 13,600 miles ) about 4 weeks in I am staying in a camp site in Sequoia National park and I was carfull not to park under the smaller trees ( tree sap) but I didn't think about the big trees untill a pine cone fell out of a 180' fir tree and hit my trunk lid. The entire camp ground was silent after I screamed a few F bombs. the only dent on the entire trip
"Look agent 86, the old pine cone from a fir tree trick." Sorry, had to.

That sucks though. I drove mine from from Casper,WY during Sturgis bike week, stopped at a restaurant and later found a scratch on the lower crease on the driver's door. I was parked next to a handicap spot thinking IF anyone parks there, there is extra room. Looks like the front of a wheel chair or walker did it.

Then drove all the way to Oregon and back to Wyoming. Got 40 miles from Casper at 2 AM and drove into a hailstorm. I turned around and drove back out of it but found 3 dents the next day. All in one week. zi don't have time to get them fixed till this winter but will be doing that and and a cam so it will be ready for spring.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:35 PM   #23
Oldrocker

Drives: 2010 SS2/RS Victory Red
In my town a construction crew was o I 40 doing road construction. The pavement had just been stripped getting ready to be repaved. I was behind 2 trucks unaware that the road had been scraped the night before. All of a sudden I was pummeled with road debris and wanted to throw on the brakes but couldn't because of traffic. So I slowed down to take a breath and wondered how much damage was done. When I got home I found the whole front fascia was pitted along with the mirrors and hood. I had two small windshield pecks and one paint chip down to the metal. This was 2 days after owning it. At first it really got to me, but now I just drive it and try to just enjoy life and realize that I can't control what happens.
Oldrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #24
CAM MAN

Drives: ALL 5 GEN CAMAROS
Even if you park far,Somebody will park next to you ,just to be mean!!

SAD BUT TRUE!!
CAM MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #25
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dursin View Post
Awww...can you imagine if you hadn't seen it first?!? Not sure you would have believed the "I didn't do it!"
I know - and its too bad the kids are so quick to be asked "did you do it"
Like many homes "nobody did it"

Trying to figure out how to post multiple "quotes"
Old 09-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #26
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcowboy View Post
Whats a Camaro without battle scars??? Seriously, those are badges of pride wear them accordingly. The Camaro wasn't meant for the trailer, it was made for the road.
You are right - but just the way I am with all my cars.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #27
Maxx

Drives: 2010 camaro RS
My 1LT RS was delivered to the dealer yesterday afternoon - too late for me to be able to take it home until this morning - the sales mgr told me that last night all the Camaros were vandalized - theives stole the RS and SS emblems off the vehicles!! The dealer will have to repaint the trunk as there are scratches where the emblem was pryed off!!! Unbeleivable!! I didn't even pay for it yet!!!
Maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #28
Abygale

Drives: .
Wow Rick, I'm sorry to hear this. Let us know how it turned out once you get your car back!
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote