Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
tohper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Minor Altercation/misunderstanding stories?

Was wonder if anyone else has had minor altercations over their Camaro?
My phone went off notifying I got a text message. So I hit a nearly empty parking lot to read it(never read text while driving) well it was a nice day so I had the sun roof back and windows down. I was looking down replying too the message. Paying no attetion to my surroundings and some random dude I didn't know and have never seen before stuck his whole head in my driverside window. I have a tendency to swing went I'm startled and he secueeded ended up catching him the jaw long story short I got out while he was standing up. Apoligized but didn't really mean it and he said not your fault I'm the idiot who stuck my head in the window of a car that I didn't know the owner. Turned out he was just wanting to check the inside and see what the Camaro interiors looked liked. So I let him look in, answered some questions etc. We parted ways with no hard feelings. Just gave some friendly advice to ask next time he wants to look in a strangers car.
Anyone else had anything like this happen?
Body-removed stock decals had painted in inferno orange
tohper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Nope - can honestly say even with the top down I have never had someone basically enter my car with me in it. Maybe cause in texas that would probably get you shot
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Uh, the OP is in Texas too...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolltideSS View Post
Nope - can honestly say even with the top down I have never had someone basically enter my car with me in it. Maybe cause in texas that would probably get you shot
LOl, here in the peoples republic of NY the guy that got hit would probably end up owning your car along with a monthly gas allowance.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #5
tohper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolltideSS View Post
Yep I'm in texas too bud, had no need to pull gun
Old 08-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
Mr.Jgunn65

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2/SS
He had a death wish.
Mr.Jgunn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
One time, I was at smoothie king with my cousin, and this group of guys who where a couple years younger than me, so probably 17ish, they asked to look at the inside of my car. I said of course, and walked outside with them, unlocked my car door, and before I knew it the group of guys piled into my car, and refused to get out until I gave one of them my car keys so that he could "take it for a test drive". I said hell no, demanded them to get out of my car, and about 5 minutes later they finally got the message and got out. I left Smoothie king without even getting a smoothie...I was PISSED

That was by far my worst experience, and really my only bad experience. The stupid guys probably thought that since I was a girl, they could do whatever the hell they wanted to
Old 08-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
One time, I was at smoothie king with my cousin, and this group of guys who where a couple years younger than me, so probably 17ish, they asked to look at the inside of my car. I said of course, and walked outside with them, unlocked my car door, and before I knew it the group of guys piled into my car, and refused to get out until I gave one of them my car keys so that he could "take it for a test drive". I said hell no, demanded them to get out of my car, and about 5 minutes later they finally got the message and got out. I left Smoothie king without even getting a smoothie...I was PISSED

That was by far my worst experience, and really my only bad experience. The stupid guys probably thought that since I was a girl, they could do whatever the hell they wanted to
Good reason to have a CC permit.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
Aubrey64

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Good reason to have a CC permit.
I plan on getting one when I turn 21! Can you have one when you are 19?
Old 08-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #10
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet)

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS M6 RRM NPP Exhaust
Quote:
I plan on getting one when I turn 21! Can you have one when you are 19?
No you can't. You have to be 21 I'm 19 right now as well I can't wait till I turn 21 because that is one of the first things I'm gonna do.
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #11
Aubrey64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertter11 (Silver Bullet) View Post
No you can't. You have to be 21 I'm 19 right now as well I can't wait till I turn 21 because that is one of the first things I'm gonna do.
Yeah that is what I thought I do plan on getting one though...Too many psychos in this world nowadays
Old 08-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #12
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet)

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS M6 RRM NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Yeah that is what I thought I do plan on getting one though...Too many psychos in this world nowadays
Yea ain't that the truth. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #13
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:

And then put 1000 rounds thru in practice at the range....get good with it. Just got a Ruger LCR 38 I can shoot blindfolded.....I try and shoot 2x a month.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #14
tohper

Quote:

Would piss me off also but being male and 30 don't think it would happen to me. Can u get a taser or something for now?