Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #99
bulldog

Drives: Acura
ehhh....I would want to see something closer to the real color of bumblebee. I saw the posts for how expensive, but the should do a color that is similar but not as elaborate. I dont know what goes into the actual bumblebee paint, but have a slight orange tint to the yellow and that would have me satisfied. (yellow orange). I would buy the centercaps for the wheels, but to have a true transformer...its not gonna draw attention to itself. Only those who know something about t-formers would know whats up.

The tranformers on the hood is hooky to me. door seels? fender emblem? ehhh...I would paint the emblem on the car first, but it would be subtle, and also with color changing paint (a nod to the toys of the 80's, where youd rub the emblem and your body heat would show a decepticon or autobot logo.
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #100
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
I would paint the emblem on the car first, but it would be subtle, and also with color changing paint (a nod to the toys of the 80's, where youd rub the emblem and your body heat would show a decepticon or autobot logo.
cool idea
Old 07-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #101
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Only thing I'd want off that package are the center hubs for the wheels and MAYBE the stitched center console. The rest of it screams gaudy.

I'm guessing at least the center hubs will be available at the parts counter.
squat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #102
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Those pictures of the actual Bumblecar show thin mirrors and side marker lights which indicate these (this) is a concept car, not a production car. I simply do not believe if this was indeed a pre-type of the 2012 Camaro they'd go backwards and put mirrors and side lights they've already abandoned. Fbodfather saying these cars were concept car bodies fits the photos, regardless of what "the guys loading" them said.

I'd also be curious as to how much paint does it take to paint one of these cars? $5000 Canadian ($4500 U.S.) seems like a lot just for some paint. Granted this is a pearl and not ordinary but wouldn't it certainly cost less in the quantities needed for production? I'm assuming it would take less paint to do this at the factory than have to prep and repaint a car.

If GM could do the body panels, proper paint and stripes as the Bumblebee car, I think they could charge $6k extra and if done right, it would sell. How many I don't know; I thought blue cars would sell in much greater quantities than they have... lol.

Speaking of colors here are some snaps of Bumblebee's PBC30 color, and a few others I thought would look great on a Camaro:
Attached Images

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #103
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Those pictures of the actual Bumblecar show thin mirrors and side marker lights which indicate these (this) is a concept car, not a production car. I simply do not believe if this was indeed a pre-type of the 2012 Camaro they'd go backwards and put mirrors and side lights they've already abandoned. Fbodfather saying these cars were concept car bodies fits the photos, regardless of what "the guys loading" them said.

I'd also be curious as to how much paint does it take to paint one of these cars? $5000 Canadian ($4500 U.S.) seems like a lot just for some paint. Granted this is a pearl and not ordinary but wouldn't it certainly cost less in the quantities needed for production? I'm assuming it would take less paint to do this at the factory than have to prep and repaint a car.

If GM could do the body panels, proper paint and stripes as the Bumblebee car, I think they could charge $6k extra and if done right, it would sell. How many I don't know; I thought blue cars would sell in much greater quantities than they have... lol.

Speaking of colors here are some snaps of Bumblebee's PBC30 color, and a few others I thought would look great on a Camaro:

is the orange one the same color from the concept convertible...hmm 5000 dollars ain't so bad
Old 07-22-2009, 05:21 PM   #104
BumbleZ
Bumblebee SS

Drives: 98 Pont GrandPrix GTP
Come on Chevy/GM at least get the stripes correct. $1000 for an incorrect Bumblebee "replica"?
84 Z28
86 Corvette

Current Cars:
98 Grand Prix GTP
01 Dodge Durango

Future Car:
10 "Bumblebee SS" Camaro

John Whittick
BumbleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:23 PM   #105
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT

To many people that cant see past their own opinion around here.......
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #106
NightHoard
NightHoard

Drives: Red RS Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to NightHoard
wow

the camaro from the movie was better
NightHoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #107
ShnOmac

It's a Transformers edition not a Bumblebee edition....

Just throwing that out there...
Old 07-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #108
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
this is the best comment i've seen and i got it from autoblog

"The Bumblebee Camaro is like Mr. Olympia sporting a Barney the Dinosaur tattoo."
Old 07-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #109
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
this is the best comment i've seen and i got it from autoblog

"The Bumblebee Camaro is like Mr. Olympia sporting a Barney the Dinosaur tattoo."
Old 07-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #110
FISHTAIL

Drives: Sedan & 2SS / RS
Well to start off the yellow color in the Movie Camaro is a three stage pearl orange-yellow that looks similar to the Lamborghini yellow. They should have gone all out and put the new hood, the new bumper, along with the right color. Then charge around 3k for it and I bet the hard core fans will buy it.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #111
BurtGummer

Drives: Hondo Accord =(
I'll admit it. The reason I'm saving up money to get the 2010 Camaro is because of the movie. But all the logos that you get from the package disgust me. The only things I would want would be the Autobot emblems on the hubs, and passenger and driver side panels. The "Transformers" logoing obviously isn't in the movie, so why would I want it?

I'd rather save up 10 more grand to get a Sunrise yellow paintjob if I wanted it to really be like Bumblebee.
BurtGummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #112
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHTAIL View Post
Well to start off the yellow color in the Movie Camaro is a three stage pearl orange-yellow that looks similar to the Lamborghini yellow. They should have gone all out and put the new hood, the new bumper, along with the right color. Then charge around 3k for it and I bet the hard core fans will buy it.

3k wouldnt cover the price of the paint.

let alone a new hood, front fascia, etc.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote