Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #113
chevyrox

Drives: 08 CTS DI,08 Vue XR,08 Silvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkeyslayer View Post
I found another one...

http://www.leomartinchevrolet.com

Search for Camaro LT. It's an 2LT/AUTO/RS/SUNROOF

It also has white stripes...I went through all (6) and this one & the one in Mass are the only two that meet all your criteria (that I could find).

Year: 2010
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Trim: LT
Body style: 2 Dr Coupe
Mileage: 1
Engine: 6 Cyl. 3.6
Trans: Automatic with Overdrive
Exterior Color: Aqua Blue Metallic
Interior Color: Black
Stock: A9118970
VIN: 2G1FC1EV4A9118970
Are the stipes made like pin stripes or are they painted on? If they are like pin stripes, they can be removed easily with a blow dryer
chevyrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #114
chevyrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
i don't want stripes and i don't really like the idea of paying for them to be removed. i want a car that doesn't have them and has never had them. when i talked to leo martin, they made it sound like it was NOT a good idea to remove them. not only that, but he just emailed me and said that it was a grounded demo... whatever that means... and the dealerships owner's wife drove it for a while and it has 5471 miles on it. sorry, but that's a used car as far as i'm concerned... and i can't imagine paying 30K for a used car!

anna, PM coming your way from me
Its technically new. If its a demo, it should be heavily discounted. IMO, when you are on a tight budget, demos are the way to go. They are usually priced very well, but you still get the new car warranty and they are sold as new. Demos are usually babied too. Ask someone who knows more, but I think you can remove the stripes with your blow dryer.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #115
haleyd
determined future owner

Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrox View Post
Are the stipes made like pin stripes or are they painted on? If they are like pin stripes, they can be removed easily with a blow dryer
hmmm if it's that easy, then i may reconsider that. i wouldn't do it on my own, but if someone could do it easily then it may be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrox View Post
Its technically new. If its a demo, it should be heavily discounted. IMO, when you are on a tight budget, demos are the way to go. They are usually priced very well, but you still get the new car warranty and they are sold as new. Demos are usually babied too. Ask someone who knows more, but I think you can remove the stripes with your blow dryer.

this one was NOT heavily discounted and i feel that it should be too. but what do i know? lol. they still want $29982 for it. am i just crazy in thinking that isn't a heavy discount when msrp is $31100.....

okay, the girl i work with just made a good point... since this car has been driven so much... over 5k miles, if the stripes are removed, do you think the paint would look different under them? maybe the car is faded compared to what's under the stripes?! that would SUCK!
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #116
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Stripes can be removed easily. But it takes a heat gun, a blow dryer won't cut it. I'd have a body shop do it with a heat gun. Then a little adhesive remover for any of the left over adhesive. The paint will look perfect underneath. I had an 04 Corvette with vinyl stripes I removed after 2 years, it looked perfect. Just took some time with a heat gun.

I wouldn't buy a demo. I'd go new and use the GM discount.

Lots of IBM blues out there. I think that's an incredibly sharp color, one of my friends has one with silver stripes.

Taking the stripes off won't be an issue on that car. But paying more for a demo than a new one using all the GM discounts would be what I would avoid.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #117
haleyd
determined future owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Stripes can be removed easily. But it takes a heat gun, a blow dryer won't cut it. I'd have a body shop do it with a heat gun. Then a little adhesive remover for any of the left over adhesive. The paint will look perfect underneath. I had an 04 Corvette with vinyl stripes I removed after 2 years, it looked perfect. Just took some time with a heat gun.

I wouldn't buy a demo. I'd go new and use the GM discount.

Lots of IBM blues out there. I think that's an incredibly sharp color, one of my friends has one with silver stripes.

Taking the stripes off won't be an issue on that car. But paying more for a demo than a new one using all the GM discounts would be what I would avoid.
if the car is heavily discounted then it would be a lot less than i would be paying with the gm discounts. but i guess it all depends on people's idea of heavily discounted!

i found the car i want, i just can't seem to get them to send me the window sticker.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #118
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
i know what i can afford every month and after the way that dealer talked to me, i won't back down now. i wouldn't get it from him... he was just plain RUDE to me.
Have you tried going to another local dealership and seeing if they can make a swap for it? That is what I did, I went to the dealer I had a good rapport and told them that another dealer had the Camaro I wanted and they were able to call and get it from them for me.
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #119
haleyd
determined future owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno2SS View Post
Have you tried going to another local dealership and seeing if they can make a swap for it? That is what I did, I went to the dealer I had a good rapport and told them that another dealer had the Camaro I wanted and they were able to call and get it from them for me.
ya know, i've thought about doing that. but i'm afraid that would tack on a big charge... did it for you?
Old 03-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #120
dstairs
Farewell Thor

Drives: 95 Caddy Deville Concours
Hi I am Richard Stairs, Internet Sales Manager at Leo Martin Chevrolet in Lake Jackson Texas. I have been fortunate enough to meet and sell camaros to over a dozen Camaro5.com members. We are the ones that own the ABM LT2 RS that Haley mentions with over 5k miles. Demos are a great purchase for anyone that do not qualify for supplier and employee discounts, as basicly they are able to purchase a demo for an amount pretty close to these discounts.

If you are a GM employee or Supplier, they are not the best of deals for you, because of your unigue relationship with GM you can purchase a new car for about the same price as a Demo or lower. My car is not what Haley is looking for as it does not have a sunroof. I would suggest ordering a new car and getting the discount and no miles EXCEPT she is looking for the ABM and everyday fewer are available as they simply are not making any new ones. I am sorry that she did not start her search months ago, I am certain the search would have worked out far better for her!

I just wanted to publicly thank whoever referred her to me and explain our Demo program in a little detail. These cars will not be discounted below our actual costs as they will not need to be.

To be frank, the car just re-entered our inventory from the demo program and will sell rather quickly, due mostly to the color and the options. We honor the Preferred Pricing program and also will apply the additional $1000 that is available if you own a Pontiac.

I am not advertizing, and probably will never use this forum in such a manner, I come here to read and learn and get excited along with the rest of the Camaro fans, I just happen to also sell the Camaro by chance.

Lastly, Haley good luck with your search, you sound like a wonderful person over the phone and I am certain along with your posse of C5.com members you will get the Camaro you dream about!
dstairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #121
haleyd
determined future owner

GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT!!!!!!! I'M GOING TO MA!!!!

in two weeks i am going to MA to buy one of only 2 that i can find in the whole country that has MY exact car i'm soooo excited! thank you donkeyslayer! YOU found this car for me and i owe you BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 06:23 PM   #122
chevyrox

Let me be the first to say...
Congrats!!
Old 03-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #123
carguy50

Drives: 2SS/RS, Sequntials,Tune,Flomstr,CAI
edmunds is an a1 site for real value prices however they do not include the transportation charged by the factory in the quoted price. it usually runs about 600.00
carguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #124
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
ya know, i've thought about doing that. but i'm afraid that would tack on a big charge... did it for you?
No, dealers trade cars with each other all the time. I ended up paying $300 under MSRP. Not a great deal but certainly reasonable.
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #125
haleyd
determined future owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno2SS View Post
No, dealers trade cars with each other all the time. I ended up paying $300 under MSRP. Not a great deal but certainly reasonable.
i talked with my dealer here and he said it would be a lot. if it's within a 200 mile radius, it's free... but MA is about 750 miles from IN! :(
Old 03-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #126
Betro02

Drives: Powerful
Quote:
what's on the invoice? the gm discount isn't on the invoice. why would it be? the invoice price is lower than the gm discount price, lol! but yeah, i know that the discount depends on the car... but EVERY car i've priced is less than $1000
The actual paper invoice from GM it has the cost and the MSRP of the car and all the options with the car and the different prices such as GMS, Preferred pricing (this is the new employee pricing), MSRP and invoice
Betro02 is offline   Reply With Quote