Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #43
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
takes a big person to apologize and another big person to accept it! Maybe he's a small person!
Old 12-19-2014, 09:20 PM   #44
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Spartan I know exactly what you mean. Last group I was with I banged this dude's fiance, it wasn't my fault neither, this chick threw herself at me and even though she was a slob she still passed inspection so I granted her request and showed her why they call me Mutant. This woman was filthy too dude! I mean sluts are cool but this creature's depravity was truck stop dumpster low. She even kept the condom as a souvenir! I watched her put it in her pocket.

Anyway it was only a matter of time until her soon to be husband saw her bruises and I guess she can't lie very well so before long here comes the private messages, texts, and emails. I honestly tried to apologize but he didn't believe me. I don't know why.

The real crazy part is he still went ahead and married her. I suppose some people are like that Spartan, they seem to need conflict and be the victim.

That is a true story.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:27 PM   #45
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
Spartan I know exactly what you mean. Last group I was with I banged this dude's fiance, it wasn't my fault neither, this chick threw herself at me and even though she was a slob she still passed inspection so I granted her request and showed her why they call me Mutant. This woman was filthy too dude! I mean sluts are cool but this creature's depravity was truck stop dumpster low. She even kept the condom as a souvenir! I watched her put it in her pocket.

Anyway it was only a matter of time until her soon to be husband saw her bruises and I guess she can't lie very well so before long here comes the private messages, texts, and emails. I honestly tried to apologize but he didn't believe me. I don't know why.

The real crazy part is he still went ahead and married her. I suppose some people are like that Spartan, they seem to need conflict and be the victim.

That is a true story.
I'm cryin'.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:42 PM   #46
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Just to be clear the OP was not the guy who got the hazing. Have no idea why he wouldn't accept but that's his choice. Seems to me he's taken the high road and moved on.
I know it wasn't this OP, I was referring to the guy he was talking about.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:38 AM   #47
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
I know it wasn't this OP, I was referring to the guy he was talking about.
I wasn't referring to this OP as well.

The guy who took the hazing was not the OP two weeks ago. Spartan apologized to the OP of that thread for it getting closed down over the confrontation. My point is the OP of the old thread didn't take any hazing so not sure why he wouldn't accept an apology about his thread, but that's his choice.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:37 AM   #48
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
So, as many of you may know, I am a complete, and total smarta$$.
I enjoy arguing with, and systematically destroying the arguments of others.
A couple of weeks back, I was involved in an embittered battle of words with another C5'r.
The guy is a young man, with strong opinions, and I used that opportunity to try to talk to him. After it became clear that he had not interest in a fair discussion, I decided to eviscerate him.

After doing so, I logged back in on the following Monday to find that the powers that be had deleted the thread.
Not frozen it, but rather had it erased from existence

That had not been my intention.
I was having fun. I was bored at work. I was doing something that I do very well.

So I sent a PM to the Op.
I sincerely apologized.
I said I was sorry, and that it was my fault, lesson learned.

Then two weeks go by, I had almost forgotten about it.
Then I get a nasty PM back from the Op.
basically his PM says that he doesn't believe my apology.
Hmmm. Well, I did apologize, and I did mean it.
I wonder though if anyone else involved also apologized to him.
It was also two weeks ago, and Op is still all Agro about it...

What to do, what to do...

tsk tsk. I was given a vacation from here for much less.

But if you apologize to somebody and you know you mean it, and the other person does not accept...then it becomes the other person's problem.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:34 AM   #49
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:

That is a true story.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:56 AM   #50
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
seems like someone takes the internet a little too seriously. you apologized.. that's more than what I would have done.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #51
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
I knew a girl like that, I granted her request as well and left very early in the morning so nobody would see me leave! I too am a mutant My unit owes me an apology and I never got one!
Old 12-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #52
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I don't know what's worse; That he wouldn't accept an apology over a stupid internet fight or that you made a thread about it.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #53
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I have no clue as to the content or validity in the post in question.

But taking this to the extreme, you guys act like you can $%^&* someone over pretty good and just apologize and then it's ok and the other person has the problem if they don't accept it.

"hey, sorry I got drunk and wrecked your Camaro, man"

"wow, I'm so glad you apologized. I was really going to be mad at you if you hadn't. Want to grab a beer? You can help me discuss the 2nd job I have to get to replace my Camaro"

Spartan01, the internet is public and you may have embarrassed him. Tough to say. But I do know emails can be fairly ineffective when you are trying to make a truly personal appeal, which it sounds like you tried to do.

Best to drop this thread and move along.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #54
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I have had some run ins with a few members on here about differences of opinions, and they sometimes have gotten out of hand. I have started taking to PM's the last few times to try to go into more detail of why I have the opinion I do. Most of the time it has tended to settle things in a non threatening manner. I think sometimes when people know others can read their posts they take a harder line in their stance. Sometimes a calm and adult conversation out of the public view can do a lot of good and who knows you may end up with a new friend from it.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:50 PM   #55
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms2010 View Post
You are pretty much saying no matter how big of a douche you are, if someone gets upset, it is all on them. You are responsible for your words. Not the other person. Did not see the thread so did not see how the other person was acting, but still no call for you to do that regardless of what they said.

Then to make this thread speaks volumes of how you are. Not satisfied he told you to bugger off and did not want your apology, so you passively call him out on it publicly.

Wow, well I guess that is one way to look at it.
You are pretty much wrong in every way, shape, fashion, and form, but that's cool. I am sure you did your very best.

For example,
I Never my claimed, or implied, my douchebaggery was not subject to a sliding scale, you simply made that part up.
Of course, if I am being a douche, then the other person would be entitled to get upset.
If we are trading verbal, or written barbs back and forth, then they may find themselves in a position that they may be woefully unprepared to defend. This, of course, would not be my fault.

You did admit that you didn't read the thread in question.
By your own admission you are absolutely ignorant of the facts at hand, yet still took the time to render judgment on a situation that doesn't involve you, and of which you know almost nothing.

Additionally, I in absolutely no way, called him out passively.
Passively, from the root word "passive," is defined as:
pas·sive
ˈpasiv/
adjective

adjective: passive
  1. 1.
    accepting or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or resistance.
    "the women were portrayed as passive victims"
    synonyms:submissive, acquiescent, unresisting, unassertive, compliant, pliant, obedient, docile, tractable, malleable, pliable "passive victims"

antonyms:active, assertive
    • Chemistry
      (of a metal) made unreactive by a thin inert surface layer of oxide.

• (of a circuit or device) containing no source of electromotive force.

• (of radar or a satellite) receiving or reflecting radiation from a transmitter or target rather than generating its own signal.

• relating to or denoting heating systems that make use of incident sunlight as an energy source.

2. 2.
    Grammar
    denoting or relating to a voice of verbs in which the subject undergoes the action of the verb (e.g., they were killed as opposed to he killed them ).

nounGrammar

noun: passive; plural noun: passives
  1. 1.
    a passive form of a verb.

I did, in fact, call him out Actively.
Actively, which I am not going to define for you here, is in fact, the antonym of passively.
I congratulate you on your attempt to use large words, and use said words to make a more complicated, and valid argument.
You did fail utterly in your attempt, but I congratulate you nonetheless.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #56
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
OP needs to be busier at work, and he reeled everyone in!