Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-30-2010, 10:35 PM   #43
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
ok, i know it's not our stuff, but if they have any questions during the install/repair they can call me.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:16 AM   #44
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
ok, i know it's not our stuff, but if they have any questions during the install/repair they can call me.
First class offer Mr. Anderson.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:27 AM   #45
Wilburbeest
Think With Your Dipstick!

Drives: 1997 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-stang View Post
soo basically 1 month ago i get my springs installed at my local midas shop.
Well there was the first problem. At least they're willing to fix it though.

1997 Camaro Z28 (LT1/T56): K&N CAI | Kooks 1 3/4" LTs | 3" Custom Duals | UMI LCAs w/ relocation brackets | UMI adj. panhard bar | UMI adj. torque arm | Koni SA shocks | Strano Springs | Ram Powergrip clutch | Pro 5.0 shifter | skip shift eliminator kit | WS6 Store rotors | Hawk HPS pads
Wilburbeest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:43 AM   #46
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-stang View Post
soo basically 1 month ago i get my springs installed at my local midas shop.

Why did you go to Midas? That would be on my list of places not to go....also on my list are any shops with "discount, barn, etc" in their title. I had friends in high school I wouldn't let near my car with a wrench work in a few of those places. Just my 2 cents...
Old 07-31-2010, 09:58 AM   #47
Ex-stang

Drives: "Sergeant" a 1LT/SIM/RS/CONN/BA/M6
reason is i had never had an issue with them in the past..they installed my full cat-back on my 2006 mustang gt and did an excellent job.They even welded in a resonator in the exhaust line like i asked to muffle the sound after my neighbours complained...they installed my american thunder axle back on my camaro and did a great job...Guess exhaust and suspension are 2 worlds.....You learn everyday....
Ex-stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:29 AM   #48
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Drives: 95 Caprice 9C1
My former occupation gave me real insight as to what goes on inside 90% of shops, and I am not exaggerating when I say 90%. They think the general public is ignorant and they can take short cuts and get away with it to save time and money. In many cases the customers vehicle and more importantly the customers safety is completely disregarded in order to fix a mistake made by the shop without them finding out. It's amazing really what they do and get away with. I dealt with close to 500 shops and of those 500 there is only 3 that I would let touch my car, and only 1 that I would be comfortable not watching them like a hawk. You ever notice that in the grand scheme of thing there really isn't a whole lot of shops on here that people rant and rave about? I'm not saying they are all bad, but there are few that genually care about the quality of their work and customer service over just making money. If every shop owner worry more about quality and service rather then how much money that comes through the door, they really wouldn't have to worry about money. People telling people about their work would bring in more business. Oh and for those that are curious I was a commercial parts manager/salesman. That may not sound like much but if you get your car serviced anywhere, dealer, Midas, rays garage, anywhere, I sold the part to them and they sold it to you basically. Most times I knew more what was going on with the car then their customer did. Another thing that's amazing to me, shops would call me asking me how to fix things or diagnose a problem, which is not my job at all! That's their job! Midas was bad about that in my area coincidently. I would help them as much as possible for the sake of the customer and the fact that I have worked as a mechanic at home and professionally my whole life. But my main point is becareful who you let under your hood, there are a thousand morons to one that's actually worth anything and that is a fact!
RocketCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote