Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-13-2011, 02:53 AM   #15
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Well it seems the new set I got from AAC didn't even make it a full 2 months with out any problems. The other night while at the track someone who was on the fence about getting these side markers noticed about 3 LEDs out on one of the new side markers. They flicker for about a minute then either stay on or off till the next time I turn the car off. So I will have to deal with this someday. I figure I'll send my OEM ones to showstopper then get a refund from AAC. I was even considering getting new halos for the headlights and fog lights. They make it hard to trust any of thier products.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:18 AM   #16
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
I've never ordered a single item from AAC, however, after reading all the threads on this site I'm left with the impression that they sell poor quality items. Compared to the other vendors, who I rarely see a complaint about, AAC is typically the subject of posts like this. If I purchase a part, I expect it to be OEM quality or better.

Are you annoyed that you had to research and engineer a fix for a faulty seal design upon receiving your new lights?
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #17
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
I've never ordered a single item from AAC, however, after reading all the threads on this site I'm left with the impression that they sell poor quality items. Compared to the other vendors, who I rarely see a complaint about, AAC is typically the subject of posts like this. If I purchase a part, I expect it to be OEM quality or better.

Are you annoyed that you had to research and engineer a fix for a faulty seal design upon receiving your new lights?
Save your money. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. What I did to seal them has caught on as others are sealing them this way too. It wasn't water that is messing up my new set. Just some bad LEDs. The funny thing is, I also have the CCFL afterburner halos and I've had the inverter go bad before. The ones they use are the EXACT same cheap ones you can find on eBay. The cost of a new one on eBay is usually cheaper than the cost to ship your defective one back to AAC. Some of the eBay sellers give free shipping.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.847420,-118.361500
Old 08-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #18
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
I ordered sidemarkers from AAC. As like many of you one of them got water in it. I had the choice to return it and they would send a new one or they send me one and charge me $60 until I sent my bad one back.
I chose the later option. It took me about 2 weeks to get credited back after they received the bad one. I wasn't the least bit happy it took so long and not sure if I will give them anymore of my business. Especially after reading others weren't out of pocket at all to have new ones sent to them.

I don't mean to bash on them, just wondering why such a difference in their return/exchange policy.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #19
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Just got my replacement marker last week.

It appears they've corrected the problem with more silicone or whatever.

Things are lookin' up.

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #20
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 2SS/RS View Post
Just got my replacement marker last week.

It appears they've corrected the problem with more silicone or whatever.

Things are lookin' up.
I hope it works out for you. I'm gonna have to remove all the silicone I added to mine. I think I'm just gonna ask for a refund. I'll try the showstopper ones I guess.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.847363,-118.361475