Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-22-2010, 01:22 AM   #1
KLow7777

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IBM
The difference between Camaro5 owners and non Camaro5 owners

My first car was a VW Jetta at sixteen. I loved speed and was the stereotypical young driver with a chip on his shoulder about any other car that was similar to his. My skin would itch when I saw another Jetta and I would think "my car is better than yours," moments like these were always a competition.

Now with the Camaro I find myself being very happy and excited to see another Camaro, I try to give acknowledgment like a thumbs up or a wave. I have this different demeanor because I've been reading the boards for awhile (I don't post much) and feel like the only Camaro owners are the Camaro5 members, great respectful people that are always trying to help fellow owners enjoy their Camaros even more. It's a lot like a brotherhood. But every once in awhile I run into some d**khead owners that act like I did when I was 16, like sneering at me or cutting me off.

I mean sure I'll give looks to the mustang, charger, and challenger owners. But not my fellow Camaro owners. Well anyways I wanted to say thanks to all the Camaro5 members for pulling me out of my narcissism, and to let everyone know that if you're part of Camaro5 you're more than a Camaro owner.

P.S. Maybe this thread should get moved to a sappy emotional/romantic comedy category?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Hell no. No need to move it.

Some members made a card to print to put on a 5th gen when you see it to invite them to the site, I always forget to print it and there have been plenty of times I wished I had. But foe the most part it IS a type of brotherhood. I wish there were more members in my area.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
Comes with age.
first one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:33 AM   #4
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
The older you get the less stupid you act on the roads. Except when you get to 70+ years old, you are just like a 16 year old except you drive slow enough to drive Miss Daisy. You still cut people off, feel you are the best driver in the world and don't listen to anyone but you drive slow instead

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:00 AM   #5
MasterZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I agree it comes with age...

Not saying the site isnt good, cause is is great and there are alot of great people here. But the Camaro in general tends to have a special bond with it. Once you have owned one or even driven one for that matter it gets in your blood and there is no turning back......mwhahahaha

The definition for Camaro explains it all : friend, or comadre,companion.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:10 AM   #6
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Totally agree with "KLow7777".
Respect..
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:16 AM   #7
EdRedCamaro2
4BC Motorsports

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Hell no. No need to move it.

Some members made a card to print to put on a 5th gen when you see it to invite them to the site, I always forget to print it and there have been plenty of times I wished I had. But foe the most part it IS a type of brotherhood. I wish there were more members in my area.
The invite card is a great idea!

I also would be proud to display a small window sticker that had some sort of Camaro5 logo. I'm thinking I would put it in the driver's side quarter window.
Arrived 9/24/09

"In racing, they say that your car goes where your eyes go...I know it's true; racing doesn't lie" The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
EdRedCamaro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:28 AM   #8
Madcat0911

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRedCamaro2 View Post
The invite card is a great idea!

I also would be proud to display a small window sticker that had some sort of Camaro5 logo. I'm thinking I would put it in the driver's side quarter window.
They have those in the Camaro5 merchandise section of the forum
Old 02-22-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
EdRedCamaro2
4BC Motorsports

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcat0911 View Post
They have those in the Camaro5 merchandise section of the forum
Great! I was hoping that someone more knowledge about Camaro5 would tell me something like that. I'll be shopping for it tonight!
Arrived 9/24/09

"In racing, they say that your car goes where your eyes go...I know it's true; racing doesn't lie" The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
EdRedCamaro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #10
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I always wave at fellow 5th gens. I'll also try to cruise with them (not annoyingly so) on the highway if we're headed in the same direction. I haven't really come across any owners who are purposely a$$es or out to race me, that job falls to all the mustang owners in this city
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #11
MrE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
I always wave at fellow 5th gens. I'll also try to cruise with them (not annoyingly so) on the highway if we're headed in the same direction. I haven't really come across any owners who are purposely a$$es or out to race me, that job falls to all the mustang owners in this city
Yes! I was cruising towards work when I saw another 5th gen (Red, V6). I cruised up next to him and gave him a thumbs up. He looked at me apprehensively at first, but then smiled and gave me a turn thumbs up. I pulled away and saw him smiling after our encounter. Hope he's a fellow C5er.
Delivered to customer 11/24/09 - Happy ever since.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRedCamaro2 View Post
Great! I was hoping that someone more knowledge about Camaro5 would tell me something like that. I'll be shopping for it tonight!
Here are a few members cars with the stickers. Remember to ask GTAHVIT if they are orange or red.....