Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 04-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
austinpowersIII
Drives Kllerbee

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Camaro delivery confirmed - not mine

I just talked to my dealer and they took delivery of a Camaro this morning. Too bad it's not mine but congrats to whomever. I have no other details at this time other than it's a V6 and a sold order. I did not see my dealer's name in the VIN database. The dealer also told me that my Camaro would be built in May but could not give a specific week.

How does this car get built and delivered before mine when I was 1st priority? Is it that the allocation process in Canada is manual (been told this my others) or did the dealer bump me?

austinpowersIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Are you sure the delivered car is not a "dealer car"? The only way it cannot be a dealer car is if the salesman is feeding you a pile of dung. Dealer cars will not show up in the database because they are still owned by GM and not invoiced to the dealer.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Are you sure the delivered car is not a "dealer car"? The only way it cannot be a dealer car is if the salesman is feeding you a pile of dung. Dealer cars will not show up in the database because they are still owned by GM and not invoiced to the dealer.
Ours got invoiced yesterday, but the car's not here yet.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
austinpowersIII
Drives Kllerbee

Quote:
I'm not positive but he said "it is a sold unit" and "once the customer has been informed it is here, I would think they will take delivery immediately".

If it was a dealer car, are you saying it cannot or should not be sold already (sorry I'm a little slow today). Sure feels like I was bumped.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
CTS

Drives: 2021 Sierra Denali 6.2L/10sp CC 4WD
Once the car is turned over to the shipper, GM has no control over the arrival time.

According to what a truck driver told me, customer cars go to the head of the line at the trucking company dispatch. He was out of Janesville and said he was driving for over 20 yrs.
CTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
austinpowersIII
Drives Kllerbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTS View Post
Once the car is turned over to the shipper, GM has no control over the arrival time.
Yeah.... but mine isn't even built yet (confirmed that several ways).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTS View Post
According to what a truck driver told me, customer cars go to the head of the line at the trucking company dispatch
This is why I'm upset... I may have been bumped in terms of priority.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:51 PM   #7
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinpowersIII View Post
I'm not positive but he said "it is a sold unit" and "once the customer has been informed it is here, I would think they will take delivery immediately".

If it was a dealer car, are you saying it cannot or should not be sold already (sorry I'm a little slow today). Sure feels like I was bumped.
Well if it is a sold unit, you got bumped. My dollar says that if it is a V6 auto and either red, IOM, silver or yellow, it's a dealer car and whoever you are talking to is stupido.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #8
austinpowersIII
Drives Kllerbee

Quote:
Well if it is a sold unit, you got bumped. My dollar says that if it is a V6 auto and either red, IOM, silver or yellow, it's a dealer car and whoever you are talking to is stupido.
I agree.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:54 PM   #9
Hylton

Let us know the outcome....
Old 04-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #10
Mimo

Drives: '10 2SSRS 09 Silverado - 10 GLK 350
Has anyone have an idea what the approximate shipping time is once a dealer invoice has been produced?
Mimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #11
Isshinryu

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS yellow/black
It must be May 6th in Canada
Isshinryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #12
austinpowersIII
Drives Kllerbee

Quote:
Let us know the outcome....
I am being told I was not bumped. The answer I received was "Manual allocation is based on engines that are available. There is currently a surplus (if you wish to call it that) of V-6 engines. Yours will be the first V-8."

There was never any constraint on V8's AFAIK but I thought there was one the V6's at some point. It comes down to the allocation process.... my understanding is that if you are priority #1... unless there was a constraint... you'll be the first one to take delivery regardless is it's being allocated manually by a zone rep.

Sooo... I still think I was bumped.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #13
Hylton

Well it is not impossible because I have been told that dealers in Canada will be getting a V6 after they get a V8. So the guy who ordered the 4th SS Camaro at your dealership my actually be the 7th or 8th car to arrive.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #14
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Well my is getting his first sold unit this week. A Yellow 2SS/RS, and mines second, a 2LT/RS so that makes sense with the one v8 one v6 thing. But then again, he was first in line, and i was second.
i thought canada wasnt getting dealer cars?
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote