Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-20-2007, 10:01 PM   #1
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
production interior

Ok, so I am at the bar last night enjoying my usually bud light in a tall frosty mug (mmmmmm beer) and I run in to a buddy who is an automotive engineer. I have not seen him in some time so we start shooting the shit to catch up on things. Last I knew he was in Europe working for SAAB. So, I ask him where he is living now ands he says “well I am working for GM in Australia now” I immediately fallow up with “you wouldn’t be working on the Camaro would you” which he fires back “why yes I am, I am part of the design team working on the HVAC system”… So, I ask about the interior’s design and he stated it is going to look very close to the concepts interior with some minor changes. I also hit him up to see if he has seen a production version of the Camaro which he stated he had not… In all, he said everyone should be very happy with the production interior…

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:08 AM   #2
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is quite the barroom conversation i cannot wait untill NAIAS because i belive that is when the production camaro is unvieled to the world. I might just have to make a special trip to detroit to see what gm has come up with.
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:56 AM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
And you actually let him leave?!?!?! I would have forced more info outta him!!!

Seriously, that is GREAT news. I love the interior the way it is. Boy, oh boy, could they really screw it up trying to save a couple dollars. PLEASE KEEP IT THE SAME, GM!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:11 AM   #4
SSRich

Drives: 1967 camaroSS
the few things that i believe they are going to change in productions is rear view mirror and the radio and the steering wheel.
SSRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:21 AM   #5
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Holy crap that's awesome dude!!

This is why this site exists, is these little tidbits of info.

I'm rating this thread, for no other reason than I never rate them and want to do something to it.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:39 AM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEESSSSSOOOMMMMMMEEEEEEE E!!!!!

That was one of my biggest concerns, will they keep the Camaro's interior the same (purely Camaro), or will they revamp it totally and turn it into juat another car interior....I CANT WAIT FOR THIS CAR TO COME OUT

This site DOES exist for those little tidbits of info...I like that. But those little tidbits of info are slowly driving me insane!!!!:headbonk:
Old 07-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Thats great to hear! What a lucky guy.
I like everything on the interior especially the steering wheel. Could they use that steering wheel on the production or is there not enough room for an airbag?
AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:39 PM   #8
Other Side

Drives: 2000 Camaro Z28
They said they probably won't be using the concept steering wheel in the production version if I recall correctly.
Like you said, airbag problems.
Other Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:55 PM   #9
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Nice investigative work Killer!
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:59 PM   #10
Stig

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
I hate, HATE to say this, but you guys should keep your eyes on other sites a little more.

A little over 2 or 3 weeks ago, over at CamaroZ28.com, they had an interview with Micah Jones, THE ACTUAL DESIGNER of the camaro interior, he has already stated on a podcast that the interior will remain largely unchanged with the exception of the radio, the mirrors and the Steering wheel, which will get an airbag and be a little bit bigger around.

But, this is great news, the more sources I hear it from the better. But seriously, you guys should listen to the podcast, its 2 seperate shows totalling about 40 minutes of them talking.

Here is the link, its right there on the front page, parts 1 and 2

http://www.camaroz28.com/index.shtml
Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:25 PM   #11
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
I hate, HATE to say this, but you guys should keep your eyes on other sites a little more.

A little over 2 or 3 weeks ago, over at CamaroZ28.com, they had an interview with Micah Jones, THE ACTUAL DESIGNER of the camaro interior, he has already stated on a podcast that the interior will remain largely unchanged with the exception of the radio, the mirrors and the Steering wheel, which will get an airbag and be a little bit bigger around.

But, this is great news, the more sources I hear it from the better. But seriously, you guys should listen to the podcast, its 2 seperate shows totalling about 40 minutes of them talking.

Here is the link, its right there on the front page, parts 1 and 2

http://www.camaroz28.com/index.shtml
Stig, I think you should just change your name to “Negative Nancy”. For your information I have listen to both pod casts, actually on the days they were released… This is where you would open your mouth and insert your foot… :middlefinger:

TAG I did hit him up for as much info as he could give up with out the black suburbans taking a trip down under …

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3

Last edited by KILLER74Z28; 07-22-2007 at 01:37 AM.
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:32 PM   #12
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Cool info on the podcast...too bad I don't own a "pod". :(
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:48 AM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Stig, I think you should just change` your name to “Negative Nancy”. For your information I have listen to both pod casts, actually on the days they were released… This is where you would open your mouth and insert your foot… :middlefinger:

TAG I did hit him up for as much info as he could give up with out the black suburbans taking a trip down under …
Oh, I'm sure you did. It's just increadible how tight lipped all these folks are when it come to concepts/production versions, etc. The "no talk" deal that the person, or employee, makes with GM must be one hell of a deal. Seriously, it's like...you talk and we get your soul! NO ONE WILL SAY ANYTHING! I'd love to read the agreement/contract GM makes with people.

I'm going to be pretty happy with the production interior. Don't want the steering wheel to change, but yeah...airbag. Want the tach/gauges to change a bit up front...need to read the speedo. Want the radio to change...along w/ the ac controls.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:09 AM   #14
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
I only hope they update the gauges a bit. Now my wife, on the other hand, says she wants "radio controls" on the steering wheel, a nice cushy seat and a cup holder :eek: I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I think it would be better if GM left them OFF as this would deter her from wanting to drive my 5th gen. Well... all except the cushy seat of course...
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote