Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #29
Dawn55430

Drives: 2023 Radiant Red 2LT
When I was 13, the boyfriend of my best friends older sister drove one, a cherry red 70 something. I couldn't even drive, but that rumble drew me. Over the years I let practical win over fun when picking a car. But the Camaro always held a special place in my heart. Fast forward 32 years, kid out of the house, hubby retired and FINALLY a place and time when I don't have to rely on practical any more even for a daily driver. So, test drove one early March just to see if reality lived up to my imagination. I fell in love all over again. The dealer couldn't find what I wanted, so I decided to order one. Now I patiently (not really) wait for delivery of my dream car.

Just a silly side note: found out when I was car shopping, that the cherry red Camaro I lusted over as a teen, actually belonged to my my future husband. On loan to his best friend while he was away in the Navy. His best friend was the boyfriend. How had we gone 25 years without this ever coming up before?
Dawn55430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #30
The SwiftChancelor

Drives: SGM, 2011 2SS/RS, L99
Always was my favorite American muscle car and fairly affordable. I've had a 90' RS and a 97' Firebird both v6 but always wanted the v8 because 'to me' thats what truly gives it that muscle car sound and power. When I seen the concept of the 5th gen I thought, "you will be mine again, oh yes, you will be mine again". It was my dream car that I could actually own. Compared to the Ferrari I was also dreaming of. Go with whats in reach.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #31
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnfalguy View Post
I saw it on the lot. I drove it with the top down and it was OVER! The car came home with me that very same night.
nice!
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #32
The SwiftChancelor

Drives: SGM, 2011 2SS/RS, L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM MAN View Post
To add to my collection.
Sweet. Did you park all these in a row just so you could get a photo for us? How nice.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #33
ThatGirlFriday

Drives: the boys crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn55430 View Post
When I was 13, the boyfriend of my best friends older sister drove one, a cherry red 70 something. I couldn't even drive, but that rumble drew me. Over the years I let practical win over fun when picking a car. But the Camaro always held a special place in my heart. Fast forward 32 years, kid out of the house, hubby retired and FINALLY a place and time when I don't have to rely on practical any more even for a daily driver. So, test drove one early March just to see if reality lived up to my imagination. I fell in love all over again. The dealer couldn't find what I wanted, so I decided to order one. Now I patiently (not really) wait for delivery of my dream car.

Just a silly side note: found out when I was car shopping, that the cherry red Camaro I lusted over as a teen, actually belonged to my my future husband. On loan to his best friend while he was away in the Navy. His best friend was the boyfriend. How had we gone 25 years without this ever coming up before?

oh my god im falling in love with you just over that story.
how notebook.
how epic.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #34
cruznls
cruznls

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
CAM MAN said it All........
cruznls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #35
mikeyroche

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Where to start? I've always loved fast cars and horsepower. I loved the C6 Corvette and loved the Camaro. When I was younger I went a saw the factory before they closed production on the 4th Gen. I wanted a SS or Trans Am Ws6 2002 style. I wasn't ready or financially at the point where I could buy a car. I promised myself I would own a Camaro and that it would be the first Car I bought and it would be brand new.

When they started showcasing the 5th Gen concept I was hooked, when I went to a local dealership in 2009(I think), before the Camaro's were on the road I grabbed a brochure. I was hooked, I looked at the brochure all the time. I loved the IOM. I saw the Car in person and I knew I had to have one. In 2010 I joined the RCAF and by 2011 I was an owner.

I went into the dealership knowing all the specs, prices, etc... Even though I knew it on paper I did not have the knowledge I do now, about the wheel sizes, tires, suspension, drop springs, engine covers, exhaust, intakes... you name it. Neverless I went in knowing what I wanted. I went to the dealership(Ernie Deans-Alliston, ON), who were absolutely amazing. I sat down with the guy and gave him what I wanted 2011 IOM, 1ss with RS(polished wheels). I knew I didn't want a 2ss as I wasn't interested in the HUD or Interior (as I am doing my own leather interior, guages, and connectivity for far far less then the price gap between the 2). So then came the bad news. No IOM, no 1ss and only one 2SS which I wasn't interested in. He said I could order a 2012, but that would mean missing out on the almost 5k credit. 5k off the price and I'd have to wait and order a 2012 and pay 5k more.... Oh I was feeling really blue

What does he do. He says what do you think of Red. They had almost every other colour except IBM(which I didn't like... My fav colour is blue, but I wasn't in love with that blue). So he shows me lots of pictures with Victory Red Camaros. It looked so much better then in the brochure. Something was missing though. I thought about it for a few mins and I kept looking at pictures... I said man this colour is awesome, but I need Arctic white strips. He searches the database and finds one that fits all my wants and needs and its only a little ways away in Ottawa. He says do you want to go home and think it over, I said no how quick can it be here(This is a SAT afternoon). I sign the paperwork, shake his hands and he says they will phone back when I'm approved for financing. 5 mins driving later(I'm the passenger), and I get a call... approved, "can we order it for you".... me "what you haven't ordered it yet " lol. It will be ready for pickup next Friday. Perfect for me because of my training hours.

Friday I pickup my baby..... Oh I'm so freaking happy, so happy I'm shocked and can't smile. At the Age of 29 I have my first Car ever purchased, and its exactly what I agreed to(Don't get me wrong I had jobs as a kid delivering pizza's and drove my parents cars all the time, but this was in my name). What happens next, I stall it in the bay. Not just once. 2 stalls later and I'm out of the Bay, lol No grinding gears or anything, but plenty of stalls for the next few days, but after that I'm off like I never missed a beat.

So then.... I'm showing my car off to all my friends, phone my Father to say "I finally bought one" They had no clue I had gone to buy one. Everybody just loves the car, praises everywhere. I have my perma grin on, and what did I do, what did I get myself into... I joined Camaro5, I search the forums and start reading and making wish lists. I go out and buy a K&N CAI, phone around for Borla Exhaust. After countless videos and threads I go with the BORLA ATAK. It was everything I wanted, the sound was music to my ear, I didn't play the radio for awhile lol. Then I make smaller mods such as Corvette Fuel rail covers, blue LED interior lights, 69 style SLP 'SS' lettering on the front grill. Whats next? Window tinting, skip shift eliminator, PDIM, 4-Guage Cluster, Lloyd Camaro SS mats, Nitto Tires, Lowering Springs....

Everything I dreamed it would be.... Love every drive

2011 Camaro 1SS with RS - K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla Atak Exhaust, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, SLP 'SS' Front Grille Emblem, Blue LED interior lighting, Camaro Victory Red Seatbelt Harness pads NEXT - Corvette LS3 Victory Red Fuel Rail Covers(Awaiting Installation), Window Tinting, Custom Leather Interior.
mikeyroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:18 AM   #36
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
Because I turn 50 this year.
I hate when that happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantconvertible View Post
Always wanted an 69 Camaro
Always wanted a convertible so I killed two birds with one stone =Camaro convertible the both of 2 worlds
Same here! Worked in GM parts many years ago and my co-worker had a black '69 that she and her husband raced.

And then one day last March thought - "I wonder if they are making the Camaro convertible yet? And if so, can you get it in an SS?" Always wanted an SS in high school but could not afford a new car. Got one now and I'm not letting go! Revenge against what held me back in the past is sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM MAN View Post
To add to my collection.
Nice collection, CAM MAN. Looks like you have one of every gen - congrats!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #37
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
#1 on my bucket list.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #38
Rockit_z28
www.1baddogracing.com

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS Auto
When my wife and I got married, I had a modified 2000 Z28. Having a kid and a house, I was forced to trade it. When the new ones came out, my wife actually dared me to go buy one. She knew I would not spend the money without her consent.

Built and Tuned by Heintz Racing
Go: DSS 9", RPM Trans TH400, Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion, ECS Vortech YSI-B, Fore Fuel System, ID1700, Gall Racing 427 C.I LSX, Mast 285CC Heads, HR Custom Cam

Show: Custom Painted Stripes/Badges (Orange Pearl over White), Z/TA Spoiler, VFN Hood, Weld Wheels
http://www.HeintzRacing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/1baddogracing

Rockit_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #39
toml_pa
ʇuɐıʌǝp lɐıɔos

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/M6
Had previously owned 67 Camaro, 79 Trans Am, 86 Trans Am and Fords and Dodges $uck.
toml_pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #40
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
I couldn't afford or keep the 68 Camaro that I had and in the financial hard times of 08 and 09 I was forced to sell it, at that time I was promised that we would do all that we can to get one of those "new" Camaros.
Now that I have one I don't even look back, although I would love to have my 68 back but so sense in crying over spilt milk.
It is great not having to tinker on a car anymore, this car is way more fun to drive than that old car, and it is flat out gorgeous
Old 04-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #41
Tar Heel RS

Drives: 2010 SIM LT RS
Tough question.... Because I wanted it!
Tar Heel RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #42
ifiwasperfect

Drives: 2012 1LS 6sp /1994 Z28 auto
Great stories everyone!!!!
ifiwasperfect is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
why did you buy your camaro