Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Unhappy GOT MY FIRST DOOR SCRATCH/DING YESTERDAY!!!

My car is my daily driver, and I am EXTREMELY CAREFUL where I park my car...
I try to park in the 'boondocks', as far away from the 'masses' as possible, and it has been working very well for me for the past 5 months of Camaro ownership...
Yesterday, the parking lot I was using had the 'boondocks' spots all taken, because they were digging up half the lot, so there were very few spots available, and I had to PARK IN BETWEEN 2 vehicles for the very first time...:(
As I walked away, always looking back and admiring my car, I just got this 'gut feeling' that something was going to happen to my car...
I was parked in-between 2 small SUVs with very small doors, so I just thought I was being paranoid, and besides, I was already late, and there were no more available spots...
Came out to my car, and both cars on either side of my car were gone...so, I went around and inspected my car, inch by inch...keep in mind, it was pouring rain...
Well, to my shock and dismay, and HORROR, there was a scratch on my driver door!!!...
I looked at it and was HOPING it was just some wax leftover from when my husband waxed my car the other day...I didn't want to touch it, in case it was a scratch, I didn't want to make it worse...
I also thought it might just be a 'scuff mark' that could be buffed out...
Told my husband when he came home, and after careful inspection, we determined it indeed was a SCRATCH all the way down to the metal...
And, there was a small 'indent' too...
I know it's not a 'big deal', compared to some other forum member's Camaro 'horror stories', but I knew this day was coming.....
Just wanted to share my story with my forum buddies for some 'moral support'...

Thanks for 'listening'....................
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
ouch i feel for ya i scuffed a rim monday:(

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
guydon

Drives: 2010 Black SS
That first scratch always sucks!
guydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Sorry to hear that Donna some people are so rude I see it a lot here in Utah.
geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
I'm so sorry! I know that day is coming too, and I plan to keel over in the parking lot next to my car when it does. We were at a flag football game last week and thankfully in the Chrysler, some lady and her kids just whammed open their doors into us. People! Have some common decency!
Let not your heart be troubled, your dealer/body shop can fix it right up!
Hang in there Sis!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Oh Donna I'm so sorry. You should have taken a cell phone pic of both cars next to you just in case; you're intuition was correct. There are so many jerks around now days. The other night I went to a local restaurant to eat and I parked on the outside of the restaurant parking lot which was separated by a small concrete island. There are probably at least 20 parking spaces on that side and every one of them was empty; I parked not quite in the middle but on the farther side from the restaurant door knowing that anybody parking on that side would want the closer spots.

The place was not busy and there were plenty of open parking spaces inside their lot. When I come out after I'm done, with plenty of spaces still open in their lot, there parked next to mine is this old beat up pile of junk with body panels that don't match, and it looked like it hadn't been washed in years. The entire row of parking spots were all empty but this jerk just HAD to park his piece of crap next to my car. Fortunately the spaces on that side are wide so his doors couldn't reach my car but the deliberateness of it just galled me. I don't know what the message is; what they think they are proving when they do that. I've read on the forum where others have had similar experiences.

Take it to the dealer Donna and have them look at it; that can be easily fixed. Contact your insurance company; that may even be something they cover for a situation like that.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
CarGoWOT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/interior
Those A-Holes!!! It makes me so paranoid to park a nice car in public spots. The world need Camaro only parking with extra wide spots and a security guard on duty 24/7
CarGoWOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #8
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

thanks, everyone...I just knew my 'forum family' would come to my rescue and console me...

I like the idea of a "Camaros-only parking lot"...lol...that actually gave me a chuckle...lol...
Old 10-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #9
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
I curbed my rim after 2 weeks of driving as I wasn't used to it. It was a small ding so I put a little primer on it. However, my first scratch is really odd. It was on the drivers side next to the rear window. How something got there, I don't know..

I was however able to polish this one out a bit by using Quixx.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #10
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
It's OVER!

It's inevitable..

It's fixable!
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:19 PM   #11
LadyGreyMyst
ABM & 69 HO RS/SS

Drives: 2001 Z24 Cavalier, ABM 2LT/RS
Sorry to hear about your door ding. I hope it will be an easy fix. BTW the front lower valance is lower than 90 percent of sidewalks....I pulled in a little too far when angle parking (no choice) and just caught the lower passenger side. It feels a little rough but thank goodness the scratches are on the underside I have to lay down on the ground to see them. Was really bummed out when I did it though.
I put it in storage yesterday so have a 5 months time out to think about what I did!

Who ever said it is just a car never drove a Camaro! Bought at Champion Chevrolet, Trail, BC July 11/09!
LadyGreyMyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:23 PM   #12
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Im sorry to hear that prima ..... careless peoples i tell ya! .... I bet it was an excited kid who jumped out the car and bam!..... im sorry
Old 10-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #13
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

[QUOTE=LadyGreyMyst;1102676]Sorry to hear about your door ding. I hope it will be an easy fix. BTW the front lower valance is lower than 90 percent of sidewalks....I pulled in a little too far when angle parking (no choice) and just caught the lower passenger side. It feels a little rough but thank goodness the scratches are on the underside I have to lay down on the ground to see them. Was really bummed out when I did it though.

I did the same thing a few weeks ago, and just about had a 'panic attack'...
I looked underneath my car and it is scuffed, but thankfully, you cannot see it unless you are UNDERNEATH the car...lol...
This car makes 'normal people' go CRAZY!!!...
Old 10-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #14
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I think that's the most negative smilies you've ever used in one post.