Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #29
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
What they said? What they meant? I think they said what they meant... LOL !!!

Semantics, eh ? GLWT...
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #30
Boris632

Drives: 1955 210
COPO is north of 90k

and i dont see them selling too many Z/28s at 90k+

i just dont see it being more than a ZL1
Boris632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:53 PM   #31
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris632 View Post
COPO is north of 90k

Correct. And selling too many is not the game plan. The plan is a low volume "Halo" car to establish the Camaro brand deeper into Americana.

This thread plays right into that plan. Go Bowtie !!!
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #32
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
COPO is north of 90k

COPO is NOT a legal street car, should not be even considered in the equation.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #33
RedWingsZL1

Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
People want the Z/28 badge. GM does it and does it right. People are upset they did it so right that it's going to cost more money.

If you just want a Z28 badge, go buy one.

I don't know anyone's background on here, but I can promise you this. With the modifications needed alone for an LS7, the carbon ceramic brakes, the many parts not used on the SS, 1LE, LT, LS, or even ZL1 models, it's going to introduce more cost into the vehicle.

GM plainly tells you this is a track-day car that is NOT for everyone and now everyone is upset that their Camaro won't have a stock stereo, A/C, etc and cost too much because GM made it the car the Z/28 badge deserves.

$60K+ for the Z/28 and you won't see many of them, because it's not a car for everyone, but you know everyone will be smiling when they do get to see one. Or when we read about how it's whooping ass in whatever class of racing they put it into.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:43 AM   #34
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsZL1 View Post
People want the Z/28 badge. GM does it and does it right. People are upset they did it so right that it's going to cost more money.

If you just want a Z28 badge, go buy one.

I don't know anyone's background on here, but I can promise you this. With the modifications needed alone for an LS7, the carbon ceramic brakes, the many parts not used on the SS, 1LE, LT, LS, or even ZL1 models, it's going to introduce more cost into the vehicle.

GM plainly tells you this is a track-day car that is NOT for everyone and now everyone is upset that their Camaro won't have a stock stereo, A/C, etc and cost too much because GM made it the car the Z/28 badge deserves.

$60K+ for the Z/28 and you won't see many of them, because it's not a car for everyone, but you know everyone will be smiling when they do get to see one. Or when we read about how it's whooping ass in whatever class of racing they put it into.
brother

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #35
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
COPO is north of 90k

Except they said it would cost more than the ZL1.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #36
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
As a consumer, I'd like the car to be priced "as reasonably as possible". As a Corporation, GM will price it "suitably", respecting development costs added to parts and production costs vs. planned volume vs. expected demand (considering a likely 16-month-or-so build cycle).

All this chatter of $70-80-90+K pricing simply is speculative...and unfortunately could be "encouraging" to a higher-than-necessary final figure.

The car will "simply" cost what it costs, to purchase. The final decision on that Base figure is GM's decision...and theirs alone. Let's not "encourage" a price that is unrealistic, in either direction, but particularly one that is too high...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #37
Boris632

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
As a consumer, I'd like the car to be priced "as reasonably as possible". As a Corporation, GM will price it "suitably", respecting development costs added to parts and production costs vs. planned volume vs. expected demand (considering a likely 16-month-or-so build cycle).

All this chatter of $70-80-90+K pricing simply is speculative...and unfortunately could be "encouraging" to a higher-than-necessary final figure.

The car will "simply" cost what it costs, to purchase. The final decision on that Base figure is GM's decision...and theirs alone. Let's not "encourage" a price that is unrealistic, in either direction, but particularly one that is too high...
Agreed. I mean they can sell you a Camaro for 23,345 (on their website) and make a profit. They sell the most of these V6 cars. GM won't tell you what their business plan is and they shouldn't. But my take was that the Camaro was the car for the working man and the Corvette was for his boss. If this car starts pushing 60k you might start stepping on the working man's toes. Granted it is a track beast - but they made it a street car for a reason. The fact that they kept it a street car tells me they want to sell this car and sell as many as they can. To me the price needs to be under 60k (especially with dealers going to mark this up atleast another 10k).

If they just wanted a track beast then they should have went the COPO route - no VIN track only and limited production run
Old 04-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #38
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post

This is my concern as well. Chevy is and always has been a HIGH-VALUE product or Big Bang for the Buck offering. I don't see that changing.

Quote:
Agreed. I mean they can sell you a Camaro for 23,345 (on their website) and make a profit. They sell the most of these V6 cars. GM won't tell you what their business plan is and they shouldn't. But my take was that the Camaro was the car for the working man and the Corvette was for his boss. If this car starts pushing 60k you might start stepping on the working man's toes. Granted it is a track beast - but they made it a street car for a reason. The fact that they kept it a street car tells me they want to sell this car and sell as many as they can. To me the price needs to be under 60k (especially with dealers going to mark this up atleast another 10k).
Yes, they have stated they will sell as many as we want. That should be shown to and discussed with EVERY dealership. And I still say UNDER $60K.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #39
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary B View Post
Why all the drama over price?? The car will be between $60-$65K...more than that, or into the $70's even and this car will NOT sell, except for a VERY limited few! GM is in the business of making money, even at a limited production model, this car needs to sell almost as good as the ZL1.
+1K
Old 04-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #40
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
I can't see it under $60k if its MORE than a ZL-1. MSRP: $62-$65k. Out the door, $70k.

The camaro WAS a working mans car. It is for a v6-1LE. Now they're making models that fit every mans desire.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #41
Boris632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
I can't see it under $60k if its MORE than a ZL-1. MSRP: $62-$65k. Out the door, $70k.

The camaro WAS a working mans car. It is for a v6-1LE. Now they're making models that fit every mans desire.
at 70k id rather have a used ZR1
Old 04-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #42
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
at 70k id rather have a used ZR1
Nah, I prefer camaro to Vette (muscle car to sports car). That's just me tho.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote