Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #15
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Kick his @$$ "SeaBass"!!!!!! (I mean Kyle)!!!!!!!!!!!

BMR FTW!!!!

Last edited by blazzin1; 10-16-2013 at 06:44 PM.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #16
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
It's a vendor war everyone run for the hills!!!
Lol !! I was just thinking the same as I was reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #17
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
Ended up ordering the bmr inserts and pfadt trailing arm package as advised to me by a reputable person. I am very excited to install. Should help out the rear end. I'll keep you guys posted on the install and test drive
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #18
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro500 View Post
Ended up ordering the bmr inserts and pfadt trailing arm package as advised to me by a reputable person. I am very excited to install. Should help out the rear end. I'll keep you guys posted on the install and test drive
Glad to see that you went with the BMR Bushing Inserts, you won't be disappointed!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #19
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
OP....I know you've already placed your order but thought I would at least let you see my thread. If you're going to be installing these yourself just know what you'll be getting into with that style of insert. If you drop the cradle all together you can probably get a decent angle on those inserts but if you plan to do it from side to side there is a good chance you'll run into the issues I did. Not saying you will 100%. Just know how much easier the Pedders inserts are to install.

Mine were Energy Suspension inserts. I don't know if the poly will be the same as BMR but the design is the same. IMO it was worth the extra money for the Pedders inserts.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=pedders
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #20
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
I am going to buy full rear cradle bushings and want to know how your DIY experience went and if the upgrade was worth the 250$+ and the roughly 6 hours to install?
I wish I would have seen this thread before you ordered! I went the same route as you when I installed the BMR inserts and trailing arms. At first they seemed OK but I was still getting rear end step out and wheel hop. I then discovered that BMR was having issues with their outer trailing arm bushings so I ordered a set of Pfadts and replaced the BMR bits. That did not resolve the problem so I decided to replace the BMR inserts with full Pedders bushings. Yea it cost over $500 but I wish I would have sprung for them right away! Now the rear end is solidly planted, no step out OR wheel hop! The cradle bushings are the most important suspension mod you can do so it makes the most sense to save a little more and go for the real deal! I WASTED 2 hours under the car and whatever I spent on those inserts! I would hate to see you learn a hard lesson like I did! I'm only at 424 rwhp so it's not like I'm pushing a lot of power to cause the step out and wheel hop, it's all in those cradle bushings! That's my experience!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Kick his @$$ "SeaBass"!!!!!! (I mean Kyle)!!!!!!!!!!!

BMR FTW!!!!
Pete, you gonna take that?
Pedders FTW!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #21
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I'm waiting on mine from Kyle now. When I called him late last week he went over all three offerings with me so I could make an educated decision.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #22
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
I have all BMR suspension parts on mine and couldn't be happier, I'm over 650rwhp and have no problems at all. BMR FTW!!!

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #23
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
I'm waiting on mine from Kyle now. When I called him late last week he went over all three offerings with me so I could make an educated decision.
Full bushings or inserts?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #24
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
damn, i know pedders has a great reputation and maybe i should have waited. The issue was i didnt want to spend more than $600 on inserts, trailing arm and toe rods because im saving up for a cam package/conversion and either pedders or pfadt coilovers for spring 2014. I would love to buy the best of everything but cannot afford to. I will let you guys know how my parts perform if I have a chance to take my car for an alignment before winter. Montreal is already experiencing 0 degree weather at night. Thanks everybody for the feedback, much appreciated.
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:02 AM   #25
caverman

Quote:
damn, i know pedders has a great reputation and maybe i should have waited. The issue was i didnt want to spend more than $600 on inserts, trailing arm and toe rods because im saving up for a cam package/conversion and either pedders or pfadt coilovers for spring 2014. I would love to buy the best of everything but cannot afford to. I will let you guys know how my parts perform if I have a chance to take my car for an alignment before winter. Montreal is already experiencing 0 degree weather at night. Thanks everybody for the feedback, much appreciated.
Kind of an after the fact but this would've been my shopping list and probably would've been able to be done in your budget.

Pedders Street Z package (cradle inserts and radius rod inserts)
BMR or Spohn Trailing Arms and Toe Rods
Pfadt trailing arm/hub bushings
Alignment set to Pedders or Pfadt aggressive street specs

Toe Rods could've waited if they didn't fit in the budget. They will help but from my experience they didn't help as much as the other stuff. Actually, I would've ditched the Toe Rods and bought a set of Pedders rear eccentrics bolts to get a better alignment. Again, another on of those not so cheap but extremely good parts.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 10-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #26
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Kind of an after the fact but this would've been my shopping list and probably would've been able to be done in your budget.

Pedders Street Z package (cradle inserts and radius rod inserts)
BMR or Spohn Trailing Arms and Toe Rods
Pfadt trailing arm/hub bushings
Alignment set to Pedders or Pfadt aggressive street specs

Toe Rods could've waited if they didn't fit in the budget. They will help but from my experience they didn't help as much as the other stuff. Actually, I would've ditched the Toe Rods and bought a set of Pedders rear eccentrics bolts to get a better alignment. Again, another on of those not so cheap but extremely good parts.
This is the exact thing I'm contemplating. What do you think? I have pfadt tie rods already but considering selling them and buying eccentric bolts to get my rear z bar in and the alignment done.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #27
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
This is the exact thing I'm contemplating. What do you think? I have pfadt tie rods already but considering selling them and buying eccentric bolts to get my rear z bar in and the alignment done.
Personally (especially if your car is lowered) the eccentrics bolts really made a difference in order to get the alignment into the Aggressive Street specs. Couldn't get there without them but my car is lowered about 1.5". My alignment guy wasn't a believer and kind of gave me the "your wasting your time/money" until he put them on the car and saw how much better an alignment he got with them. He was a definitely believer afterwards and commented on them when he didn't have to.

Toe rods on the other hand....so far I haven't seen any great advantage they've done for me just yet. I'm sure they'll help but I just have seen or felt some day/night difference. I did them because I was doing my FE4 conversion and I knew I was about to get an alignment. I had the extra $125 or there abouts for toe rods so I just threw them in the mix.

It's hard to swallow the cost of these but for real a alignment these are the ticket.
Attached Images

Build Journal
Old 10-22-2013, 12:56 AM   #28
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Personally (especially if your car is lowered) the eccentrics bolts really made a difference in order to get the alignment into the Aggressive Street specs. Couldn't get there without them but my car is lowered about 1.5". My alignment guy wasn't a believer and kind of gave me the "your wasting your time/money" until he put them on the car and saw how much better an alignment he got with them. He was a definitely believer afterwards and commented on them when he didn't have to.

Toe rods on the other hand....so far I haven't seen any great advantage they've done for me just yet. I'm sure they'll help but I just have seen or felt some day/night difference. I did them because I was doing my FE4 conversion and I knew I was about to get an alignment. I had the extra $125 or there abouts for toe rods so I just threw them in the mix.

It's hard to swallow the cost of these but for real a alignment these are the ticket.
It's definitely hard to swallow the price for the bolts but having read a bunch of people saying they're great, I'll take your word for it. I was also going to just do the tie rods because I'm doing the conversion and they're there but I might sell them to get the bolts.

Now, considering this is a bushing thread, was the street z or street 1 kit worth it? Night and day difference in the rear cradle bushings?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote