Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-20-2010, 10:13 PM   #15
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun2010 View Post
id like to get headers myself, shorties, but i hear so many mixed reviews on here about noise, CELs, all kinds of hits and misses

I think it would open it up a bit and give me a deeper tone, or i would hope!
Don't worry about cel's with the Doug Thorleys. None that anybody has seen.They fit up fine and they weld in so no cel, just make sure the coating on the headers is scrapped off where they weld to the down pipes or I was told by my muffler man it can leak through.
They sound good, less drone and a bit more quiet at low rpm but with the cat back screams and sounds just awsome as you rev it up. Also you get the famous "tinny" header sound and with that some actual noise from the engine compartment instead of just injector(?) sounds. On the weekend when we are out I try to find any open 45 mph road just to here the car roar
As for power they get maybe 5-6 at peak, more after that but mostly to help bottom/mid range torque and tip in throttle response.It's not alot like LT's but its there.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:40 PM   #16
cajun2010

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS

cajun2010 is offline   Reply With Quote