Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
drewauby5

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Aqua Blue

Alright guys just back from local chevy dealer and saw an aqua blue HHR. In the shade the color definitely looks blue, but in the sun its a whole different story. Definite Green hue to it, Turned me off to ordering the color right away!! If you want a true blue, aqua blue is not it. Thoughts?
drewauby5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Man these comments are starting to worry me :(

I just drove to a local dealer and their website said they had 3 HHRs in Aqua Blue. I couldn't find a single one!! I found this other blue... "Flash Blue" or something... at first I thought that was it, until I used my key light to read the window sticker :(

I did see an Imperial Blue truck, and that looks pretty good under the bright lights, but I still think it's just a bit too dark for me...

I really wish I could see ABM in person!! Some of the pics of it are just incredible...
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
drewauby5

Just being honest man. Nothing like the Jetstream blue of corvette which is a true blue. I am a huge fan of blue and not true blue in my eyes. Imperial blue was there as well, saw on cobalt and yes it was dark. Had a 2001 vette, navy blue and that is what reminds me of. Think will be waiting for summit white to be available and put with orange int and orange stripes. Hope this helps, as I was going to order ABM, gray int, white stripes.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
DDustiNN

Another thing about the Blue Flash color... it seemed to have a purple tint to it at certain angles... so I think I'd at least rather have the green than the purple
Old 03-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
drewauby5

And remember I was looking at an HHR, no color looks good on that hideous vehicle!! Sure will look OK on the camaro. Any idea if yours has been pulled to build yet?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
jimhowie2000

Drives: '10 Camaro 2LT/RS & 6 older Chevy's
My dealer has two ABM HHR's on the lot, one of which was parked right next to an Imperial Blue one, after seeing the two side by side, I went for the ABM, as the Imperial Blue was just too dark in anything other than direct sunlight. I admit that on the HHR's the ABM looks a bit on the green side in direct sunlight but less so in cloudy conditions. My dealer also has a Colorado pickup in ABM and to be honest, it looks more blue and darker to me than the ABM on the HHR does. I finally got to see an ABM Camaro at the Columbus, Ohio Auto Show and it looked more blue to me, closer to that of the Colorado. Hard to tell under the convention center lighting but overall, I thought the car looked great in ABM.
jimhowie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:45 PM   #7
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewauby5 View Post
Alright guys just back from local chevy dealer and saw an aqua blue HHR. In the shade the color definitely looks blue, but in the sun its a whole different story. Definite Green hue to it, Turned me off to ordering the color right away!! If you want a true blue, aqua blue is not it. Thoughts?
I'm surprised that you see the green in the ABM, I also looked at two chevy/gm trucks side by side and thier color was 2009 "code 61 Aqua Blue metallic" and I have seen then in the bright daylight ...... I do not see any green in it, all blue just like the med blue metallic I had on my custom 82 GM stepside ! I don't know how we are going to get a handle on the explanation of the ABM color ..... It's an awsome color for the SS
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #8
DDustiNN

Quote:
And remember I was looking at an HHR, no color looks good on that hideous vehicle!! Sure will look OK on the camaro. Any idea if yours has been pulled to build yet?
hahahaha, I'm glad someone agrees! The HHR is definitely one of THE UGLIEST vehicles I've ever seen... right up there with the PT Cruiser, Prius and most Toyotas...

I was actually embarrassed to be looking at an HHR window sticker while there were cars driving by... lol... I kept thinking "man, I sure hope no one sees me and thinks I'm actually interested in this ugly thing..."

Old 03-25-2009, 08:52 PM   #9
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Why do you think its called Aqua Blue Metallic? Just about all metallic colors have a shifting effect when viewed from certain angles.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #10
sandrr

Drives: rsss on order lotsa other cars
My wife ordered abm with silver stripes rs/ss said it reminded her of the 70 corvette convert we took delivery of in the spring of that yr. Dealer called today with the tracking # said it is scheuled for apr. build if it looks ok or not, if she gets the car l will post pics.
sandrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #11
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
I wonder if the aqua blue is the same color as on the tahoe i had that was bermuda blue... That would change dependin on the light/shade. I had to DX it in and was worried about it til I seen it. But it looked really good on it. if it was the same color or close to it I dont think anyone would be disappointed
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #12
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I agree with you 100%. I went to my dealer and looked at the Aqua blue HHR and the Imperial Blue HHR. They were side by side and the ABM definitely looks more green than I would like. It definitely seems to be a Jeckyll and Hyde color. I've seen tons of pics from car shows where it looks like a really sweet blue, and some that make it look too green for me. I ended up going with the Imperial Blue.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:23 PM   #13
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
hahahaha, I'm glad someone agrees! The HHR is definitely one of THE UGLIEST vehicles I've ever seen... right up there with the PT Cruiser, Prius and most Toyotas...

I was actually embarrassed to be looking at an HHR window sticker while there were cars driving by... lol... I kept thinking "man, I sure hope no one sees me and thinks I'm actually interested in this ugly thing..."

I had one. It was my wifes car and she loved it... I wasn't especially thrilled over it but as long as she was happy with it. And it was PURPLE... AHHH I was embarrassed to be seen driving it. (which I didn't drive it much at all) but hey it got great gas mileage.... I had to laugh tho when I heard they were making SS HHRs
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #14
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post

haha...thats funny cuz when i was looking at the HHR today some kid drove by and was grilling me and thats all i could think of...this kids prolly wondering wtf im doing looking at this car like "he cant be serious"...but anyway...you guys should have posted this up in the ABM thread...but alot of people are telling me that its the HHR thats destroying the color...it looks ALOT better on the camaro...and even on the AVEO...aswell as the trucks(like some1 even sed in this thread)