Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
Jaysin

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS
Suspension Mods in St. Louis

If anyone in the St. Louis area has subframe and differential bushings installed on a M6 Camaro SS let me know. I would like to take a ride in your car to compare the interior noise to my car.

I have full suspension mods and am getting some serious transmission noise in the cabin. The dealer is claiming that the gear lag is normal and the bushings are transferring the noise into the cabin, but I'm calling bull$hit. Even if the bushings are allowing some of the noise to come into the cabin, it shouldn't be this much. And the noise isn't coming from the rear of the car, it's coming right below the shifter.

Last edited by Jaysin; 09-20-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Jaysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
Chillomatic

Drives: 2010 Cyber Gray SS/RS
I have the full bmr suspension with the pro bushings and is not much louder then stock. i have a act twin disk clutch only thing i can hear when it makes that chatter sound.
Chillomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #3
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
If anyone in the St. Louis area has subframe and differential bushings installed on a M6 Camaro SS let me know. I would like to take a ride in your car to compare the interior noise to my car.

I have full suspension mods and am getting some serious transmission noise in the cabin. The dealer is claiming that the gear lag is normal and the bushings are transferring the noise into the cabin, but I'm calling bull$hit. Even if the bushings are allowing some of the noise to come into the cabin, it shouldn't be this much. And the noise isn't coming from the rear of the car, it's coming right below the shifter.
Jaysin,

The transmission is damped by OE bushes. The driveshaft is OE isolated as well. Differential bushes would only transmit differential noise. Sub-frame bushes would only transmit road noise. You have had the bushes in your car for some time. If the noise was not there when they were installed the noise is coming from some other source.

I am in Detroit to see some people at GM. Ask the Service writer to call me. Tell him where I am and why. If I am not in a meeting I'll take your Dealer's phone call. Here is my mobile 616.834.8100
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:03 AM   #4
Jaysin

Cool Chill, I'll shoot you a PM.

Pete, I installed the bushings at 1600 miles, and I'm pretty sure it was there before the bushings were installed. However, the noise has gotten worse over the last 10K miles. I'll let them know to call you if they have any questions. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #5
Chillomatic

just give me a msg jaysin iam free all day sunday. be free sat if dont go down to benton.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
Jaysin

I will. Do you drag race at Benton?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
Chillomatic

few ppl i know are takeing there cars down there. iam not raceing my car i need drag tires. stockers dont hook up.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #8
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
Cool Chill, I'll shoot you a PM.

Pete, I installed the bushings at 1600 miles, and I'm pretty sure it was there before the bushings were installed. However, the noise has gotten worse over the last 10K miles. I'll let them know to call you if they have any questions. Thanks.
Standing by,
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote