Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #281
SHWA

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS L99 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Thanks for sharing video

Great looking!! Mine is currently in the shop being wired up as we speak!! I have more lights so was a big challenge for the shop. I was tooo wimpy to try on my own nor the time. I plan on getting for my boat as well. In fact that marine installer wants to see system when my car is complete.
I think anyone selling/owning LEDs would want.

Should be interesting. All my lights are also run to switches in my cupholder and Armrest to all individual control of lights. Night owl will mainly due Color and patterns. Default will be red..
Sounds great! I still need to do my rears and to run a few more light strings.

Make sure and post video once completed.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #282
HarryNW
HarryNW

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Black (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@NightOwlLEDs View Post
Just wanting to let everyone know of a minor issue that one of our users reported, and we just found the cause. If you leave any of the SL or HP modules powered on for over 49 days, all devices may turn on to a random color. Most people turn the modules off or have them turn on with the ignition, so this would never be an issue. Simply turning it off and back on once at least every 49 days will eliminate the issue.

We will do free firmware updates, so if this is important to you, you can mail back in the device modules and we'll update them and return to you. However, I don't expect this to effect many people since only one user has reported the issue.
Thanks for this info - I had this issue as well. I flipped my switch to ignition mode and it was corrected.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #283
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Not the best video in fact pretty awful but wanted to show hex vent and breath option. Started to rain so had to pull in to garage. Will attempt better video later

Night owl system rocks

Look for hex vents left of screen

http://youtu.be/i80n9nTBsCY
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #284
a.morblu

Drives: 2011 Sinister SS
I don't know if this has been answered yet. I didn't see any comments. Is the android app expected to drop any time soon. I saw it was suppose to be out this summer.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #285
CamaroI

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.morblu View Post
I don't know if this has been answered yet. I didn't see any comments. Is the android app expected to drop any time soon. I saw it was suppose to be out this summer.
From what I have been told first of the year. You could pick up a used apple device fairly cheap being an iPod or cheap used cell but has to have iOS 6 to run if correct.

I must say the night owl system is a must for anyone with LEDs.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #286
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
...but has to have iOS 6 to run if correct.
On that note...
Will there be an update soon to support IOS 7 now that it's out?

On another note...
I keep seeing posts of the "breathe" mode, and I love it, but it keeps me thinking that a 'heartbeat' mode would be totally awesome too. As in, follow the typical waveform you see on a hospital heart rate monitor (except clip the values below 0, obviously), or dumb it down further if that would work better, but same idea. Would that be too difficult to do?

Something like that in red through the hex vents (or my LGM vented hood) would get me all giddy with geekiness.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #287
CamaroI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
On that note...

On another note...
I keep seeing posts of the "breathe" mode, and I love it, but it keeps me thinking that a 'heartbeat' mode would be totally awesome too. As in, follow the typical waveform you see on a hospital heart rate monitor (except clip the values below 0, obviously), or dumb it down further if that would work better, but same idea. Would that be too difficult to do?

Something like that in red through the hex vents (or my LGM vented hood) would get me all giddy with geekiness.
You can alter the breath pattern to go faster or slower or different fades. I haven't found one to do heart beat yet but haven't played with a lot. I have iOS 7 and works great. Been on iOS 7 for months now without any issues.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #288
Ajmalian

Drives: 2017 ZL1 and 2016 GMC Sierra Denali
Didn't iOS7 just come out a couple of days ago?!?!
Ajmalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #289
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Thanks all. Our app does work just fine on iOS7. We made sure of this weeks ago. The app requires iOS6 or later.

We did have a setback on the Android app. The guy who was helping us out fell through. The good news is that we've got a talented android developer working hard on it now and is making good progress. We're hoping to have it fully ready by December.

I don't know of a good way to do a heartbeat with the different program types available now. We'll add this to our wish list to add in the future.

The video doesn't really show how smooth the fading is. We've got the smoothest fading in the industry.
Joe@NightOwlLEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #290
CamaroI

Very true I just have it set to slow on the fading. I have ios 7 for months since being a beta tester

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #291
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
On that note...

On another note...

Here is something to try to get a "heartbeat":

1. Create an "Alternating Strobe" program.
2. For "Channels 1" select the channels that you want to heartbeat.
3. For "Channels 2" leave this empty (no channels).
4. Leave the colors default (Color 1: red, Background: black). Color 2 is not used, and can be set to any color.
5. Set "Num Strobes" to 2.
6. Adjust "On Duration" and "Off Duration".

Here are a few alterations:
- Set the background to about 50% red.
- Invert the colors: (Color 1: black, Background: red).
- Change Color 1 of this inverted color from black to 50% red.

Let me know how you like it.
Joe@NightOwlLEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #292
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Yes,IOS7 works fine. I know you guys are working on an android app,but other than what else? Your website hasn't been updated.I ask because I've had this kit since your pre-sale and about ready to do eng. bay (hood vents) and interior.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #293
CamaroI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@NightOwlLEDs View Post
Here is something to try to get a "heartbeat":

1. Create an "Alternating Strobe" program.
2. For "Channels 1" select the channels that you want to heartbeat.
3. For "Channels 2" leave this empty (no channels).
4. Leave the colors default (Color 1: red, Background: black). Color 2 is not used, and can be set to any color.
5. Set "Num Strobes" to 2.
6. Adjust "On Duration" and "Off Duration".

Here are a few alterations:
- Set the background to about 50% red.
- Invert the colors: (Color 1: black, Background: red).
- Change Color 1 of this inverted color from black to 50% red.

Let me know how you like it.
Joe that work great!! I am truly amazed what can be done with these lights daily via your app. I just purchased my new DROID phone so will be patiently waiting for the app. Still have my old iPhone until then so no worries... Thanks for the heart beat function

Old 09-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #294
CamaroI

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCwhiteKnight View Post
Yes,IOS7 works fine. I know you guys are working on an android app,but other than what else? Your website hasn't been updated.I ask because I've had this kit since your pre-sale and about ready to do eng. bay (hood vents) and interior.
I know Joe working on some new things and has been taking suggestions. You will be truly amazed once you get system installed and start playing. So many different configurations you can do