Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-13-2021, 05:45 PM   #15
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Spend a few hours on chrisfix channel on youtube and you'll be all set.

Thanks again, I’ll check him out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 05:46 PM   #16
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse330 View Post
For the EVAP SYSTEM MONITOR DRIVE CYCLE
There are certain Parameter Identification (PID) values that must be within range before this Monitor will "run". The ECT and IAT must be between 36*- 93* F, and within 14* of each other to "enable" at cold start up. The BARO PID over 75 kPa (10.88 psi)
After cold start up accelerate to 45 mph and drive till engine enters closed loop then drive for 3 more minutes. Then check the status of the EVAP monitor
The drive cycle should be done after a cold soak, after sitting for at least 8 hours

Yeah I’m wondering if just too damn hot here (low of 82 overnight recently) that I may not even hit that IAT temp to begin with. I’ll keep trying!

Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
Old 08-13-2021, 06:19 PM   #17
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Is this car a daily driver /only mode of transportation or do you have another vehicle to drive to work etc?
Old 08-13-2021, 09:04 PM   #18
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
I had the same evap issue. My tuner was able to put it into ready status immediately. If you have hp tuners I can send you the tune and you can compare the settings.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 10:47 PM   #19
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Is this car a daily driver /only mode of transportation or do you have another vehicle to drive to work etc?

It’s not my daily driver I have other vehicle to get around in!

Old 08-13-2021, 10:51 PM   #20
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
I had the same evap issue. My tuner was able to put it into ready status immediately. If you have hp tuners I can send you the tune and you can compare the settings.

Unfortunately my tuner is back in WA where it was done. I’m down here in Arizona now. I still have credits with him but not exactly sure how it works to do it remotely? Certainly not versed in that area.

Any insight?

Old 08-14-2021, 12:18 AM   #21
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyTen2SSRS View Post
It’s not my daily driver I have other vehicle to get around in!

Then welcome to the best state to be an auto enthusiast. Get Grundy or Hagerty agreed value collector car insurance and you're exempt from the emissions Nazis. Problem solved.
Old 08-14-2021, 09:56 AM   #22
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Then welcome to the best state to be an auto enthusiast. Get Grundy or Hagerty agreed value collector car insurance and you're exempt from the emissions Nazis. Problem solved.

Shot you a message.

Old 08-14-2021, 12:10 PM   #23
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Responded.
Old 08-14-2021, 05:14 PM   #24
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Shame your not here in Texas, we could do the Tech2 process I did to get it done - that is the only way I was able to get it done - still have 4K miles since reset and the evap is still not set but, I have just that as the only system not set.

I document that some time ago. Took over an hour to get it done with the Tech2...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 03:08 PM   #25
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Shame your not here in Texas, we could do the Tech2 process I did to get it done - that is the only way I was able to get it done - still have 4K miles since reset and the evap is still not set but, I have just that as the only system not set.

I document that some time ago. Took over an hour to get it done with the Tech2...

-Don

I read through your process - I wish I was closer as I don’t have a Tech 2 and too speedy to get just for this issue I think.

But yours is still not ready after doing it with tech 2?

Old 08-26-2021, 03:26 PM   #26
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
A Tech2 clone such as a VXdiag VCX Nano might do what you need for about $120.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote