Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 03-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #15
JewelSS1992

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Don't mean to tread jack but any of these dealers install headers
JewelSS1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #16
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelSS1992 View Post
Don't mean to tread jack but any of these dealers install headers
I know Sterling chevrolet does. Im trying to figure out who their go to service advisor is, some seem eh. But if you try giving them a call they should quote you.

Also, ive heard good things about American High Performance in Lorton. Might be a good place to get a quote too?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #17
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
I've bought 2 vehicles from Koon's in White Marsh,Md. all good experience there also, actually my 2nd vehicle came from Koon's in Va. They had it brought up for me to White Marsh store.
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #18
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Do the headers yourself. Great feeling afterward.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #19
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenCamaroKid View Post
The problem is the location of Koons when it comes to the MSRP and ADM debate. Koons is located in a very affluent part of Northern Virginia; McLean, portions of Reston, Arlington/Alexandria...so naturally, they attract individuals who will pay higher premiums for vehicles rather than shop around for MSRP deals. They charge it because there are people who are willing to pay the ADM for a particular vehicle. Example - they have 3 allocations for the ZL1 - and you can bet there will be at least a $7.5K ADM on them. Hell, even the Camaro when it came out had the same ADM (TF3 edition had a $10K ADM on it). The benefit of making that relationship is they take care of you in the long run. Generally, when you purchase from a specific dealership, they're more inclined to help you out when it comes to a repair in the service department - ask me how I know.

Now, to acknowledge the counterpoint about Sterling Chevy and several others. They're all in competition, so naturally some will undercut others. I've never been to Sterling Chevy, so I can't speak to their exceptional, or lack thereof, customer service. What I do know is that Koons is one of, or the top (can't remember - I was just in talking to Tommy, the sales manager), the top dealerships on the east coast when it comes to overall sales. That, in and of itself, should speak to their reputation.

TL;DR - Every dealership has good and bad, like you said. But, pick one and stick with them - it will help you (I say you as a general statement, not specifically you) out in the long run.

Yea that makes sense, just from he was telling me that sales person he was talking to was less than professional about it. I don't have any problems with Koons, but as you noted they tend to charge more than others due to their location. I was able to find mine at Pohanka, and had a great experience with them.

Yea I got you on that, for now I'll stick with Pohanka. Good experience with buying a car from them, and their body shop.

Last edited by xXSilencerXx; 03-14-2012 at 11:00 PM.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #20
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
I purchased my 'vert from Koons Tysons Chevy/Buick/GMC. Had a great buying experience as well as great service experience.

I suggest to anyone interested in reading or leaving feedback about a particular dealership experience to read up on recent reviews by buyers and service customers at this site: http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/. BTW, my sales consultant at Koons referred me to the "dealerrater" website. Needless to say, I left a glowing review.

My previous Chevy dealer is 4 miles from my house - Ourisman Alexandria Chevrolet. Great service experience, not-so-good experience with getting fair trade-in value for my 2008 Saturn SKY Redline (4k miles) and 2008 Saurn AURA XR (12k miles).

Koons offered me 5k more combined and even purchased my AURA XR sight-unseen, as I had driven the SKY to the dealership. That's how much faith they had in me and the service records (plus, I had both titles in-hand). I asked the manager at Koons "what if my AURA has a big dent in the door and a scratched bumper?". He said "we'll take it as-is for the price we're offereing on paper.". KILLER! Someone got themselves some nice freakin' Saturns and I got a brand new KILLER Camaro Convertible. WICKED! BTW, I paid less than MSRP - perhaps just luck as it was the end of July?
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Last edited by Baba; 03-14-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #21
fargomike
The Dude Abides

Drives: Black 2SS M6
My Dad bought his 1977 Camaro from JKJ Chevrolet in Tysons Corner . Which at the time was John Koons Jr . Just a little bit of trivia
2010 Black 2SS/LS3/M6 Kooks 1 7/8 Ceramic Coated Headers, Borla ATAK CB , JRE Tune , Halltech Yellow Jacket CAI ,VMax Ported TB, PFADT Coilovers,Forgestar CF5's Textured Gunmetal w/Nitto Invo's 275/315 ,Hurst Billet Plus 2 Shifter AAC P13W Plasma LEDw/DRL Harness ,30% Tinting,
fargomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #22
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
I can't really speak to any of the other service advisors or techs at Koon's, I'm the kind of guy that once I find something that works for me that I like, I stick with it. With that said, if you ask for Mike Kalman and tell him you want Anthony Milanesi to do the work - I guarantee you won't be disappointed. As far as replacing the blower motor fixing the problem, I honestly won't be able to tell you if the problem is fixed until it gets below freezing again . . . which with the way the weather has been so far this month might not be until next year. Any way you cut it, those guys went out of their way to take care of me and for that they've earned a loyal customer.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote