Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #1
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
Diablo Trinity Tuner and sport mode on L99

I have read all trying to find more info on setting the tune parameters for the sport shift points on a 2011 SS L99. I have minor mods CAI, axle-back exhaust all else stock. I'm debating purchasing a diablo Trinity tuner at $599. Has anyone been able to set the separate shift speed tables for sport mode using this hand held. Also if I put the stock tune back will warranty be valid?
Old 05-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eymang View Post
I have read all trying to find more info on setting the tune parameters for the sport shift points on a 2011 SS L99. I have minor mods CAI, axle-back exhaust all else stock. I'm debating purchasing a diablo Trinity tuner at $599. Has anyone been able to set the separate shift speed tables for sport mode using this hand held. Also if I put the stock tune back will warranty be valid?
I don't believe that is an option, user adjustable options are usually Global, that means they affect each mode equally.

Ted.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
For the price of the handheld diablo vs what you get I would say the EFILive autocal is a better option for most. The way the autocal works is basically it is an interface that can have custom tunes loaded, you can log with it, email with us and we send updated calibration files for you to load based off of the logged data. The best thing to me about the autocal for you guys is that it can be licensed to tune up to 8 GM vehicles all off of one device. So if you buy/sell/trade for another gm product, you are covered all you would be out would be custom tuning and a license fee.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, I also am a diablosport dealer, but I only use it on ford and dodge.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
eymang

Thanks! My other question about tunes. Its pretty much known that altering the factory tune voids the car warranty. The diablo site FAQs claim that the trinity tuning process does not leave footprints or watermarks in the PCM and by restoring the original backup I should not have any warranty issues. any opinions on this?
Old 05-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
Our shop is a Performance Division of a GM dealership. Yes it will be seen with GM tools as the flash counter will be changed.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eymang View Post
Thanks! My other question about tunes. Its pretty much known that altering the factory tune voids the car warranty. The diablo site FAQs claim that the trinity tuning process does not leave footprints or watermarks in the PCM and by restoring the original backup I should not have any warranty issues. any opinions on this?
Any Reprogramming of any sort will leave footprints that can be detected by GM in the event of an Driveline failure they will look it is an requirement now.

Also Any modifications will Jepordize your warranty by the book.

This is a Hobby that give Great Satisfaction but you have to accept the responsibility that goes along with modification..

I offer Remote tuning services Via Both SCT and Diablo Products, Purchase the tuner from me and you get 1 free Custom JRE tune for Stock or simple bolt ons i.e. Cold air kit and cat back, octane of your choice.

Ted.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #7
eymang

Cool! thank you.

Closed Thread