Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Lots of rock chips :( I'm sad now

This topic has been covered many many times and I've really passed by it everytime I saw a post untill yesterday.

So I detail washed the car and waxed yesterday (pretty much spent the day cleaning every crack of the Camaro) and holy cow, soo many rock chips randomly!

Most of the rock chips are around the gills on the sides, so bad that the paint is beginning to look fadded from far away (terrible).

Its soo bad that the car needs repairs soon. I thank god I never painted my gfx kit as the front of the rocker panel looks like it got hit with sand paper (front wheel wells).

My question is, is there places in town that will likely be able to fix the rock chips without having to repaint a whole panel? I have no plans on repairing the side rocker panels as I expected them to be damaged as time went on but the IOM paint, I just cant let it go on...

I wonder who else is in the same situation as me.... I'm a daily driver so its something I knew was coming, I just didnt realize it would be so soon!

For the record I have about 100 tiny rock chips not including the hundreds specalled along those side gills.

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Its discussed a lot and it can be fixed... have you watched this video yet? Ryan did a great job showing the process and the Langka system is pretty user friendly:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6539
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Here is around the gills. That lighter colour isnt reflection, its non existant paint after a fresh coat of wax.
Attached Images

ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
Old 05-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Its discussed a lot and it can be fixed... have you watched this video yet? Ryan did a great job showing the process and the Langka system is pretty user friendly:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6539
I went ahead and ordered the stuff. I'm desperate for success here. Thanks for the link!

Shaun